• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Game series you want to see return

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@ef9dante_oSsshea
Remedy had created their own universe between Alan Wake and Control.

They would add Max Payne and Quantum Break but rights issues prevent that. Remedy has a good relationship with Rockstar games- Max Payne's current publisher. So we could get a Max Payne 4 if the remake sells well.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So we could get a Max Payne 4 if the remake sells well.
Controversial opinion perhaps, but I wouldn’t want to see a fourth Max Payne game. The series had a solid end with 3 and I don’t see what more they can really do with Max’s story.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
@Lain they could put him in a mentor role, have 2 playable characters and introduce his apprentice/protege as the 2nd one.

That leaves an opening for him to pass on his knowledge to a new generation, and become a father figure.This makes the old fans happy, and may bring im new fans.The only downside of it would be the change of voice actor, but they could also do a prequel for 4 too with a young max in the academy and that solves that problem.

I do agree with you though, 3 has a great ending so 4 needs to be a look at a part of his life we haven't seen. Either before the events of 1, or as i mentioned above where is the secondary and mentor character.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Controversial opinion perhaps, but I wouldn’t want to see a fourth Max Payne game. The series had a solid end with 3 and I don’t see what more they can really do with Max’s story.
Its not an uncommon opinion in the fandom. 3 is considered Rockstar's baby than Remedy's. So seeing an alternate path is perferablle. But its not the highest priority on my list. Im just curious.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

Concrete genie felt like a cool project that could be Sony's answer to KH and Persona.

You could lean into Alan Wake's power of creation and have Ash be able to use his art to affect reality.

Top Bottom