• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Game series you want to see return

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Primal.

It’s the only game I’ve ever wanted a sequel to.

But if we’re also talking about bringing games back then Banjo Kazooie definitely.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Siren and Ape Escape.

Come on, Sony.
Show the same love for these franchises like you did with The Last Of Us & God Of War.
Siren is a definite must have revival for me. I can only live in hope that Sony being involved with the Silent Hill resurrection stirs them to look into the possibility of bringing back their own survival horror series.

Goldsickle

Siren is a definite must have revival for me. I can only live in hope that Sony being involved with the Silent Hill resurrection stirs them to look into the possibility of bringing back their own survival horror series.
The only recent "revival" of the franchise is a manga series back in 2018.
So it's not entirely dead, just lacking a game for the current generation.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Siren and Ape Escape.

Come on, Sony.
Show the same love for these franchises like you did with The Last Of Us & God Of War.
Too bad Sony laid off Japan Studio, and think Japanese games ain't worth their premium, exclusive first party titles. As much as I love some of Sony's Western first party games, those Japanese games are just as important, because they wouldn't have gotten there otherwise. Sony clearly sees no artistic value in a majority of their games. Once the use has worn off, they abandoned it like nothing happened and treat it like trash. I wouldn't mind a Gravity Rush 3, but we all know that's never going to happen

Last edited:

Goldsickle

How did I forget Wild ARMS?

Come on, Sony.
It's not like this series only had a couple of games and was forgotten, there were like 7 games, some manga adaptations and even an anime series.
Don't let this go to waste!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
How did I forget Wild ARMS?

Come on, Sony.
It's not like this series only had a couple of games and was forgotten, there were like 7 games, some manga adaptations and even an anime series.
Don't let this go to waste!
You forgot this is arrogant Sony located in California now as their base of operation. No one wants weeaboo games in their first party title. These are cinematic masterpieces meant for adults or the family. Not childish weeaboo games. Even though they will happily accept nearly any Japanese game as a third party or second party title. Not to mention, more than okay teaming up with Chinese and Korean developers, and funding most of those projects.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The Bouncer(2000)-
An PS2 era beat em up. My interest is the main character looks like an older version of Sora from KH. So a spinoff exploring their connection could be fun.

He could be Sora's father or an older amnesiac version of Sora. I rather retire Sora but this is something fun for him to do. It would beat another KH1 rehash for sure ;).

Here is some fanart that inspired it.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
The true crime games, yakuza and sleeping dogs filled a gap but i want the true crime games back

And even though it is a major dream, half life 3 would be amazing and not in vr

Sleeping Dogs was great also. I think they were going to do a sequel but not sure what happened with that.

I can remember when I first got True Crime Streets of LA. That game was amazing imo.

Dr. Cheesesteak

Onimusha.
onimusha, tenchu, the fear games,

And Quake
Comix Zone, Vectorman

Final Fight
Omnimusha, Dino Crisis

Siphon Filter (aka Syphon Filter)
Ape Escape. ...Wild ARMS
Dino Crisis
Parasite Eve
Legacy of Kain
Bloodrayne
Fear Effect
Tenchu
Megaman Legends
Jet Set Radio
Dino Crisis.
I agree w/ all of the above (yes, obviously there are dupes) and maybe some other ones mentioned like Siren, Clock Tower, and Fatal Frame. But ESPECIALLY Onimusha and Legacy of Kain. ...and Turok and Jet Set are high up there for me, too. Anyway, to add to that list:

Bloody Roar
Earthworm Jim
MDK
NiGHTS
Golden Axe
Sunset Riders
Colony Wars
MediEvil
PaRappa the Rapper
The Legend of Dragoon
Twisted Metal

And this doesn't include more cheeky suggestions like Half-Life and Castlevania.

I also agree w/ @Goldsickle in that Sony has so many great IP's they could resurrect and cash in on (see my list lol). Tis a shame they're all about the same recycled 3rd-person action-adventure games now, save for the occasional GT, LittleBigPlanet, or Ratchet game. MediEvil would actually fit their current formula. If it were "matured up" a bit, I suppose.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Part of me wants to see Ninja theory do a reboot of Ninja Gaiden but I think I'd be the only one...lol.

I'd also want another Revengeance game but I'd set it in Liberia. Raiden was born there and he was a child soldier there. He's been running from that place for so long returning there feels like a good way to advance his story. It also works as a way to end it if you want. I'd probably have a timeskip with Raiden's son Jack involved as a NGO worker.

Ff8-2 and FF10-3 would be nice. They'll probably get remade like FF7 but I rather just get a sequel.

I'm open to a Versus 13 remake but I guess that's what Verum Rex might be.

I'd be into an anime style reboot of Jak and Daxter. They'd go the gritty western route but an anime esque adventure feels like the first game's set up to me.

Last edited:

joxamik

I would like to see a remake of: Thief, Far Cry 3!!, maybe WoW:cry:..?
These are cult games, and I would like to see them in the "modern age"

Top Bottom