• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How did Nero get the Devil arm?

ThatDude

Well, obviously in the begining Nero has his arm wrapped up in a bandage, and then later Dante attacks him and he get's the Devil arm. My question is, what lead to Nero having to wrap up his arm? Was it an injury or something, or did it just happen in one point in his life?

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
i always imagined that it has something to do with that brief "flashback" just before he gets his DT. when he is hearing kyrie screaming. i think what happened is that she was attacked and almost killed by this giant demon. nero freaks out activating his dormant demonic power and unleashes it in a burst destroying the demon. this proves too much at once and his arm becomes shattered (the bone) / burned badly. hence the bandages.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I remember that he was protecting Kryie and some kid from demons and got injured and thats when the devil arm appeared

ThatDude

I remember that he was protecting Kryie and some kid from demons and got injured and thats when the devil arm appeared
Nah dude, thats long after he got the Devil Arm. He get's the Devil arm in chapter 1 (the tutorial). You are talking about the starting cutscene in chapter 2. Dante attacked him and he used his arm to block, and BAM... he has the Devil Bringer.

ThatDude

Nah dude, thats long after he got the Devil Arm. He get's the Devil arm in chapter 1 (the tutorial). You are talking about the starting cutscene in chapter 2. Dante attacked him and he used his arm to block, and BAM... he has the Devil Bringer.

ThatDude

i always imagined that it has something to do with that brief "flashback" just before he gets his DT. when he is hearing kyrie screaming. i think what happened is that she was attacked and almost killed by this giant demon. nero freaks out activating his dormant demonic power and unleashes it in a burst destroying the demon. this proves too much at once and his arm becomes shattered (the bone) / burned badly. hence the bandages.
Yeah, but something doesn't add up. If he unleashed his "demonic powers" to protect Kyrie, don't you think that she would have noticed he has demonic powers when she SAW it in front of her? If she saw it, why is Nero hiding it from her and why was she surprised when she saw the Devil Bringer after Nero beat Kredo's ass?

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
No it was before this he was some where with Kyrie I believe weaponless and he and Kyrie where injured. Kyrie was hurt more but she healed normally while Nero didn't so he started wearing a sling this was before the events of 4

AlchemistFromEden

he was attacked by an assault demon and was about to lose before it manifested itself, at least according to the non canon novel, once again, bad storytelling on capcom's part

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Ok, according to a few interviews, he got the Devil Binger shortly before the game started, when he and Kyrie were attacked by demons. The interview stated "it was it's time" implying Nero had demonic powers that lay dormant and needed a trigger to activate.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
It majorly manifested during the forest attack where he supposedly was injured in the right arm. Pretty sure he faked the injury to cover the Devil Bringer appearing

A little bit of Vergil passed on to Nero I like to think since Vergil is his Father and I guess Vergils demons genes were pretty strong which is why just Neros arm for some reason looks demonic.

I have not read the novel yet, so I don't know the real story I'm just guessing.

AlchemistFromEden

A little bit of Vergil passed on to Nero I like to think since Vergil is his Father and I guess Vergils demons genes were pretty strong which is why just Neros arm for some reason looks demonic.

I have not read the novel yet, so I don't know the real story I'm just guessing.
no, vergil isn't his father since nero is ten years younger than dante according to interviews

ThatDude

Ok, according to a few interviews, he got the Devil Binger shortly before the game started, when he and Kyrie were attacked by demons. The interview stated "it was it's time" implying Nero had demonic powers that lay dormant and needed a trigger to activate.
That makes a good amount of sense.

ThatDude

no, vergil isn't his father since nero is ten years younger than dante according to interviews
Actualy, he is connected somehow to either Dante or Vergil, because after the second Agnus fight "his holiness" in the golden armor says "You have indeed inherited sparda's power"

AlchemistFromEden

Well he was ment to be his son, according from what I've read from other places.
  • Nero's origins have been a subject of debate amongst DMC fans. One theory is that he is Vergil's son (as stated above), or Dante and Vergil's long lost younger brother (possibly half-brother, though this seems unlikely). Other theories include that he's Dante's son (given that having an illegitimate child with a human seems more like something Dante would do as opposed to Vergil, assuming that Nero's mother is human), Vergil reborn, or the descendant of a child Sparda fathered sometime before the events of the series (making him Dante and Vergil's distant nephew)
  • none of these are correct

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom screwed up the age gap. I don't know much about the RE series but according to how Resident Evil 6 have their dates set up in the story the new character Jake I believe? Yeah, he's 14 years old.

Now I don't know anything about the RE series, I just heard that from a video someone had done. Those who are big fans of the RE franchise can do the match and see if its true and if it is, then that's just really **** poor on their part.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom screwed up the age gap. I don't know much about the RE series but according to how Resident Evil 6 have their dates set up in the story the new character Jake I believe? Yeah, he's 14 years old.

Now I don't know anything about the RE series, I just heard that from a video someone had done. Those who are big fans of the RE franchise can do the match and see if its true and if it is, then that's just really **** poor on their part.

in a bunch of interviews capcom revealed that if DMC5 did go ahead it would reveal that nero is Vergils son. it makes sense in a way if you send dante to his late 30s/ early 40s and asume the thing that happened a "year" before DMC3 was Vergil loosing his lover and child then it fits. but thats just pure speculation on my part

Top Bottom