• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How to Modify Textures Better?

Iyouboushi

This is probably a long shot and at this point I don't know if anyone is even remotely interested in DmC mods any more (especially with the DMC 4: SE modding scene being more active) but I just thought I'd ask this here in hopes of information.

I have an idea for a new mod but it requires being able to add hair to Mundus. I have tried messing with TexMod but, as the program's name implies and perhaps obvious, it only modifies the actual textures and not the models themselves. In short, I could "draw" hair on Mundus' textures but when it came into the game it just looked like he had painted some colored stripes on his head. It didn't look like hair, basically, but rather that I had discolored his head's skin color.

I know there was at least one (pretty awesome) mod where someone took Dante and Vergil and added mustaches to them both. Does anyone know how he did that? Because if it was TexMod then I'm apparently doing something wrong because so far all I've ever been able to do is modify color. Some help would be much appreciated.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
well if you meant to add polygon to an already existing model, than forget it, if it were possible to add poly model to it, i think we've already been getting awesome mods..

but if you wanted to add better textures instead of the paint-like, the easier way is to take the normal map of any character with hair from any game, it's that blueish emboss like map, copy paste that -the hair texured part- to mundus's head of the same blueish emboss like map ..

Iyouboushi

Hm, so it might be possible to give Mundus Bob's hair by modifying the blue emboss like map? If so, that's exactly what I wanted to do.

Thanks! I'll check into it.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
well just "texture" hair, oh, and make sure you copy paste that too to the color/diffuse map.. and to make it easier again, desaturate the normal bluish map and overlay to your prefered color--to make sure the normal and color map would align--, and do some retouch to it so it'll look like normal hair

lol, you're giving him bob hair? i can imagine already

Top Bottom