• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ideas for Dante's daughter

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I'd rather not start a trend of giving everyone a son now. DMC is already kind of a Sparda family soap-opera, let this game be the end of that thing and the beginning of thinking more outside that box.
I am fully behind this, I tolerated the family drama in 5 as it was trying to tie all the loose plot threads together. But I really would prefer DMC6 to move forward with Nero leading the next generation of Demon Hunters protecting the human world in Dante's place. It's the perfect opportunity now to introduce a new cast that aren't tied to Sparda and can stand on their own legs.

Besides, I feel like Dante's a little too old to be having kids now that we know he's in his mid-forties. :bored:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Honestly im ok with giving Dante a kid. Vergil has less wiggle room but you could do it. They just dropped the ball with Nero and Patty so I'm wary of it. Right now I'm mixed on the reveal of who V is and would rather he not be that connected to Vergil.

Ironically i would have preferred Nero if he was introduced as Dante/Lady's son who popps in to check on his old man and finds Lucia. Basically you kill two birds with one stone and avoid half the problems in 5 seconds of screentime.

Or i would have just scrapped his connection to Sparda and made him a regular dude who went through the ascension.

@ef9 o shea Dante trying to train Patty could have been better than what we got anyway. She has summoning powers or something anyway so give that to her from the get go.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I can imagine patty just nagging and annoying bosses into submission ha ha

She does have powers so training in armed unarmed and melee combat could make her a force to be Reckoned with

Lady could train her too

Picard

Starfleet Demon
I am fully behind this, I tolerated the family drama in 5 as it was trying to tie all the loose plot threads together. But I really would prefer DMC6 to move forward with Nero leading the next generation of Demon Hunters protecting the human world in Dante's place. It's the perfect opportunity now to introduce a new cast that aren't tied to Sparda and can stand on their own legs.

Besides, I feel like Dante's a little too old to be having kids now that we know he's in his mid-forties. :bored:

Indeed. Especially since we know that there are human demon hunters, and Sparda wasn't the only demon to take humanity's side either. So there could be other demons, half-demons and quarter-demons running around helping protect the world.

tehrugger

Banned
Yeah, I'd prefer Dante having a daughter. I'm hoping someday we'll find out he has an illegitimate child somewhere out there.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
How about for the daughter, give her vibes of Count of Monte Cristo. "Edmond Dantes"? She can wield a rapier and dagger-like handguns Lightning style.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I picture someone like nariko from heavenly sword looks wise for a daughter of Dante

I can picture him having a daughter with morrigan from MVC

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Desmonda would be a better name than Edmond for a girl ;).

it be funny if she was like Lumina from Lightning returns, an impish little girl who'd love to cause a little mayhem?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Desmonda would be a better name than Edmond for a girl ;).

it be funny if she was like Lumina from Lightning returns, an impish little girl who'd love to cause a little mayhem?

How about Mercy? Short for "Mercedes" as she's in Count of Monte Cristo. Have her be stolen away by demons and Nero finds her as they face each other like how Nero & Dante fought the first time.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Even if Dante did have a daughter she’d still have more balls than any other demon in the Underworld.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
If Dante had a daughter with lady with lady's hairstyle but the hair colour was both silver/grey and black

And she incorporated his swordmaster and trickster styles in one moveset

And lady's gunslinger in another

It would be epic

Okay this is my description of what I'd want from that

Her name : Evangeline

Eyes : heterochromia silverish blue and golden brown

Hair: black and silver in a style like lady's but a bit longer and more wavy

Height 5 foot 10

Attire : long lavender trenchcoat , black spec ops like combat pants , combat boots, military gloves , a black zip up hoodie and a belt with pouches on it

Firearms

a pair of mp5's
kalinna ann
grenades
Flashbangs
Desert eagles
A shotgun
Pandora
Shuriken

Melee weaoons

A broadsword
Gauntlets and greaves
A spiked staff
A mace
Twin tomahawks
Twin short blades

Fighting style : mix of swordmaster and trickster as one style

Gunslinger as the other

And a third one of her own which is all about devastating critical blows and is hand to hand

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
How about a Dante clone in female gender to be made his daughter? Think Les Enfants Terrible.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I'd want a daughter of Dante's to be like 2b from Nier automata visually

But instead of being an android she is created in a lab using his DNA from his blood and maybe another demons blood

She doesn't know who or what she is til she runs into her cousin Nero , they fight and she holds her own without any combat training

Then Nero realises they are related somehow and tries to get through to her

But she has been on her own and on the run since they destroyed agnus's lab in fortuna and has no idea what her purpose is

From the other thread

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Who wants a daughter of Dante? From mothers womb or a female clone of Dante?

Nero feels more human. We need someone who feels more demon but later feels some gums in her.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
If Dante doesn't have some bastard love child of some secret affair from a while ago (Lady is out of the question, due to the novel so is Lucia, and Trish should never be an option) then lets not bother. I'd rather not have to deal with some massive time jump. Well not yet anyway. Maybe a DMC7 after DMC6 wraps up Nero's trilogy.

I mean I would be okay with a clone or someone made from Dante's DNA ala Solid Snake to Big Boss.

Top Bottom