• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ideas for Dante's daughter

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
my_oc__devil_may_cry_5___bianca_by_dante_564_dclejl3-pre.jpg

bianca___the_daughter_of_dante_by_dante_564_dcer0ku-pre.jpg

I would see her wield a rapier.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I'm working on designing Dante's daughter. If she's gonna be Lucia's child - 3/4 demon & 1/4 human, I'm gonna need some good...
  • Clothing/fashion choices
  • Weaponry
  • Looks
  • Personality
Lucia seems like a ballet dancer. Maybe their daughter can be like a contemporary kind of huntress.

Ravenash77

Okay I’ve read through a lot of these post and I’ve gotta say I am a Lucia fan for sure. I mean yes the game sucked there is no doubt about that BUT to those of you who say she hasn’t been present and is no longer a part of the DMC universe I’d like to call to your attention the DMC before the Nightmare storyline. We’re we have Dante visiting Lucia and a TON of hints at a DantexLucia romance.

With that in mind I introduce my Dante’s Daughter version(please keep in mind she is a work in progress)

My Dante’s daughter was a laboratory manufactured demon created by Lucia to fill the lonely void when Dante left for the underworld and never returned. She used her old masters research, found some of Dante’s DNA and created a child for her to raise on her own.

Tragically the child was captured by the military before she could start her life with Lucia. The child was experimented on and eventually turned into a soldier until she broke free from their control and struck out on her own.

She now lives on the streets. The whole trauma left her mind fractured and slightly insane.... she even wears the straight jacket as a fashion statement.
Dante’s Daughter rough draft
I know very tragic but hey it would be boring if it wasn’t.

I’m trying to upload a picture I made but I’m having a hard time.... stay tunes

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Okay I’ve read through a lot of these post and I’ve gotta say I am a Lucia fan for sure. I mean yes the game sucked there is no doubt about that BUT to those of you who say she hasn’t been present and is no longer a part of the DMC universe I’d like to call to your attention the DMC before the Nightmare storyline. We’re we have Dante visiting Lucia and a TON of hints at a DantexLucia romance.

With that in mind I introduce my Dante’s Daughter version(please keep in mind she is a work in progress)

My Dante’s daughter was a laboratory manufactured demon created by Lucia to fill the lonely void when Dante left for the underworld and never returned. She used her old masters research, found some of Dante’s DNA and created a child for her to raise on her own.

Tragically the child was captured by the military before she could start her life with Lucia. The child was experimented on and eventually turned into a soldier until she broke free from their control and struck out on her own.

She now lives on the streets. The whole trauma left her mind fractured and slightly insane.... she even wears the straight jacket as a fashion statement.
Dante’s Daughter rough draft
I know very tragic but hey it would be boring if it wasn’t.

I’m trying to upload a picture I made but I’m having a hard time.... stay tunes

Wow! I'd rather she had white hair with pink strands.

Hope you'll think of good gameplay to be opposite of Nero in some way.

Ravenash77

Wow! I'd rather she had white hair with pink strands.
Oh that idea for the hair would be good if she was a steampunk time traveler (which was my other idea)

She was created and then some evil doer (most likely Mundas) erased her name from existence. Like how Sparda erased the names of the seven deadly sins.

So now she shifts through time and space trying to recover her lost name!!

Hope you'll think of good gameplay to be opposite of Nero in some way.

As for my original girls game play ... I envision her trying to do trick shots with her guns. Bouncing the bullets when she can and hit as many targets with one bullet. Also her blade is serrated so she saws through things. She’s also not afraid of getting into a fist figh.
The most different thing about her is that she likes he Devi weapon talking to her.
“Some might think it would drive me crazy but hey... I’m already there!”

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
As for my original girls game play ... I envision her trying to do trick shots with her guns. Bouncing the bullets when she can and hit as many targets with one bullet. Also her blade is serrated so she saws through things. She’s also not afraid of getting into a fist figh.
The most different thing about her is that she likes he Devi weapon talking to her.
“Some might think it would drive me crazy but hey... I’m already there!”

But Nero feels more like Dante and less Vergil, so there’s gotta be a way to make more like Vergil and less Dante.

If not guns, maybe a crossbow? And need a good melee weapon since the Red Queen for being a motorcycle-based sword.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Ronin
The steampunk time traveller idea is pretty cool.

@Ravenash77
It would be easier if someone else did the experiment than Lucia. Its more believable than making her a geneticist offscreen, it streamlines how she gets taken away and you could have Lucia be in the dark that she has a daughter.

Ravenash77

@Ronin
The steampunk time traveller idea is pretty cool.

@Ravenash77
It would be easier if someone else did the experiment than Lucia. Its more believable than making her a geneticist offscreen, it streamlines how she gets taken away and you could have Lucia be in the dark that she has a daughter.

That was another possibility I played with but then I thought that when her daughter was taken she was killed. Extra layer of tragedy!

I just need to get the general idea of the story down with going into too much detail so that the tragedy is more implied than actually seen. Like how we know what happened to Eva but we don’t actually see it. (Until DMC5 of course)
Not every moment of Dante’s life is explained just generalized so we can imagine it for ourselves.

Her introduction would be mysterious and unexplained. She would just appear in front of Nero all crazy and ****. Her origins would happen over time.

She is the chaos to Nero’s order. The embodiment of freedom. And an all around Bad ass bitch.

The only thing I’m struggling with is what to call her.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
That was another possibility I played with but then I thought that when her daughter was taken she was killed. Extra layer of tragedy!

I just need to get the general idea of the story down with going into too much detail so that the tragedy is more implied than actually seen. Like how we know what happened to Eva but we don’t actually see it. (Until DMC5 of course)
Not every moment of Dante’s life is explained just generalized so we can imagine it for ourselves.

Her introduction would be mysterious and unexplained. She would just appear in front of Nero all crazy and ****. Her origins would happen over time.

She is the chaos to Nero’s order. The embodiment of freedom. And an all around Bad ass bitch.

The only thing I’m struggling with is what to call her.
Bianca works.

Because she's an experiment you could give her a practical sounding title.

Ravenash77

Bianca works.

Because she's an experiment you could give her a practical sounding title.
Hmmm interesting choice I’ll add that to the list
I’ve been bouncing around
Ava. Zia. Sierra. Lydia. Vita. Artemisia. Eris. Rose. Clio. And Nyk

I’m trying to decide if I should go Latin or Greek like Dante and Nero or if I should go more futuristic
What do you think?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!

I’m trying to decide if I should go Latin or Greek like Dante and Nero or if I should go more futuristic
What do you think?

Good question. That's gonna be tough. Maybe Eris or Vita?

And here's the thing:

Nero:
  • His personality's more like Dante yet less Vergil
  • Though as he's Vergil's kid, he wields not only his own sword, but also a gun - a revolver.
  • He possesses a demonic arm, loses with cyber arms as replacements till grown back after embracing his true heritage. Still uses those as his weaponry.
Dante' kid:
  • Her personality's more like Vergil yet half of Dante & her mother
  • Either she wields many weapons like her dad or...?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

What do you think?
Eris or Vita stood out to me.

Ravenash77

Good question. That's gonna be tough. Maybe Eris or Vita

And here's the thing:

Nero:
  • His personality's more like Dante yet less Vergil
  • Though as he's Vergil's kid, he wields not only his own sword, but also a gun - a revolver.
  • He possesses a demonic arm, loses with cyber arms as replacements till grown back after embracing his true heritage. Still uses those as his weaponry.
Dante' kid:
  • Her personality's more like Vergil yet half of Dante & her mother
  • Either she wields many weapons like her dad or...?
Sweetheart I think you have to let go of this comparing Nero to Dante and Virgil. Nero is his own person yes there are some similarities but the point is to move forward. Give the nods to the past but never cling to tightly to it. In order for the story to move forward the Characters have to be their own people. Nero has been developing ever since his first appearance in DMC4. He’s adopted 3 kids and become more calm and level headed than he was before. He knows who he is a guardian and protector of those he loves. He desires power but only to protect.

If we are going to create a character that balances anyone. Let it be him.
So Nero grew up in Fortuna and was trained by the order. In DMC Before the Nightmare it is said that using guns is frowned upon.
Vita (if I choose to call her that) would then be a multiple gun slinger bad ass with a pension for explosives and Chaos!

I even envision her with a gold and silver gun with the word “Jackpot” on the side

Ravenash77

@Ravenash77
I preferred Eris as she was the goddess of discord in Greek mythology.
I like it too but I’m worried it’s a little on the nose.

I’m now playing with the idea that her name was stolen from her like how Sparda stole the names of the seven deadly sins. That would explain how Dante could have a daughter without knowing it.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Sweetheart I think you have to let go of this comparing Nero to Dante and Virgil. Nero is his own person yes there are some similarities but the point is to move forward. Give the nods to the past but never cling to tightly to it. In order for the story to move forward the Characters have to be their own people. Nero has been developing ever since his first appearance in DMC4. He’s adopted 3 kids and become more calm and level headed than he was before. He knows who he is a guardian and protector of those he loves. He desires power but only to protect.

If we are going to create a character that balances anyone. Let it be him.
So Nero grew up in Fortuna and was trained by the order. In DMC Before the Nightmare it is said that using guns is frowned upon.
Vita (if I choose to call her that) would then be a multiple gunslinger bad ass with a pension for explosives and Chaos!

I even envision her with a gold and silver gun with the word “Jackpot” on the side

Don't you see her using a blade? And you're right I guess...

Maybe she'll take up some blades of her own after her mom's?

Ravenash77

Don't you see her using a blade? And you're right I guess...

Maybe she'll take up some blades of her own after her mom's?
Well I see her using a blade eventually but maybe she uses other weapons like spears or knives... oooooh or a scythe!!

Top Bottom