• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Jurrasic World Trailer is here!

berto

I Saw the Devil
I saw it just a bit ago.

It's not what I thought it would be. Doesn't really spark my hype.

The whole time, though, I was reminded of the new color scheme for Bayonetta, how it went from red to deep blue. Here it went from yellow and orange/red to dark blue and grays.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Needs more Jeff Goldblum. Other than that it looks fun lol. Trained raptors and a new mutant dinosaur. With Chris Pratt.

*Nod* That's what I thought, too. :p It looks good, but I feel like they haven't shown us the juiciest bits.

Still, I'll enjoy it, without a doubt. I loved the first three, and even though this one doesn't have Goldblum or Sam Neil, I imagine it'll be a decent enough ride. :)

berto

I Saw the Devil
Trained raptors and a new mutant dinosaur.
Trained? Were they trained? I thought they didn't eat him because they were running away from something bigger and scarier. That's disappointing. Raptors were supposed to be the more intelligent, more vicious of the lot. Having training is no different than defanging a cobra, it's just not bad ass anymore, is it?

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I just can't wait to see the motherf#cking T-rex again.

Also, the new dinosaur that is genetically modified is called D-rex or Diabolous Rex. The one on the ocean who feeds on a great white is a Mosasaur.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Trained? Were they trained? I thought they didn't eat him because they were running away from something bigger and scarier. That's disappointing. Raptors were supposed to be the more intelligent, more vicious of the lot. Having training is no different than defanging a cobra, it's just not bad ass anymore, is it?
StarLord commanding raptors just sounds cool to me. :p

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I kind of see where berto is coming from, with the trained raptors; I think that's one thing I'm not crazy about, since they have always been presented as too smart for humans, so by extension, too smart to be controlled. But, then again, it might be a sign of intelligence in another way. Think of it; if they do what humans want, humans feed them, and they don't have to hunt down their prey...or so I assume, since they came out of what essentially looked like the starter gates they use in horse races. :p

Aside from my ambivalence on the raptor thing, though, I really want to see the new dino. I thought it might have been crossed with a Rex, but I wasn't sure.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I'm going to be optimistic for this. I like what I see and I hope it can recapture that wow feeling I had when I first saw the original Jurrasic Park.

However, I'd love to know just how they were able to open the park again considering all the things that happened before. Maybe they do not care for public safetly and just accept that the dinosaurs will escape again and go on the rampage:wink:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I'm going to be optimistic for this. I like what I see and I hope it can recapture that wow feeling I had when I first saw the original Jurrasic Park.

However, I'd love to know just how they were able to open the park again considering all the things that happened before. Maybe they do not care for public safetly and just accept that the dinosaurs will escape again and go on the rampage:wink:
They just made sure a power outage wouldn't make sh!t hit the fan again. Sparing no expense. :whistle:

No, we totally didn't sink all our money in building our own dinosaur. No, I did not do it because I just thought it'd be cool.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOVIE FOR SO FRIGGIN LONG YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

The new hybrid dino has the brains of a raptor (ie highly intellegent) and the properties of a chameleon, amongst some. So Dino can go all-out camo. HOW COOL IS THAT?

*cough*ahem* It's in the book The Lost World.
AMAZING stuff. I've been waiting for them to bring this one to the screen :woot::woot::laugh::thumbsup::tongue:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOVIE FOR SO FRIGGIN LONG YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

The new hybrid dino has the brains of a raptor (ie highly intellegent) and the properties of a chameleon, amongst some. So Dino can go all-out camo. HOW COOL IS THAT?

*cough*ahem* It's in the book The Lost World.
AMAZING stuff. I've been waiting for them to bring this one to the screen :woot::woot::laugh::thumbsup::tongue:

That's all kinds of awesome. ^^ And same here; it's funny to think the last one came out so long ago. What's it been, 13 years, give or take?

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Mutant Dinos and trained Raptors are insulting enough, but if Stan Winston's T Rex doesn't show up and rip that mutant dino to pieces in the climax, the movie is garbage and the franchise is dead, end of story.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Mutant Dinos and trained Raptors are insulting enough, but if Stan Winston's T Rex doesn't show up and rip that mutant dino to pieces in the climax, the movie is garbage and the franchise is dead, end of story.
You do know that the mutant dinosaurs are things from the source material right? And getting the raptors to somehow be used as a means of defense I guess I can roll with.

Loki: I have an army.
Tony: We have a Hulk.
StarLord: I have raptors.

And could it be any worse that Jurassic Park 2 and 3?

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
You do know that the mutant dinosaurs are things from the source material right? And getting the raptors to somehow be used as a means of defense I guess I can roll with.

Loki: I have an army.
Tony: We have a Hulk.
StarLord: I have raptors.

And could it be any worse that Jurassic Park 2 and 3?
Jurassic Park 2 had Jeff Goldblum and a T Rex in the city, JP3 at least used some animatronic dinos.
Whether Mutant Dinos is from the books or no, the idea does not have a good track record, the last time I saw something with mutant dinos was Dino Crisis 3 and that was f**king awful.
Also I despise the idea of trained or friendly Raptors, setting some Raptors loose and "aiming" them at the "Mutasaur" sounds fine, would be a similar scene to the Raptors trying to take on the Rex at the end of JP1, but no, the last thing I want is to see the deadly Raptors becoming friendly 6 foot turkeys!

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
On one side this movie seems lil to bit of a fanservice, on the other, some remakes turned awesome like Dredd.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Just not feeling the love anymore. I don't know whether that's because of JP III or reading the original JP novel, which was terrible for Crichton. Usually he's pretty good.

Top Bottom