• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's talk about the Tokusatsu genre

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I see that. But at the same time I'm surprised that this is the show that brought Rider back. It's violent and talk heavy for a kids show. (It's more violent than typical Toku fair at that time I mean. Excluding any special movies at said time) I would think kids would be bored of the cop drama stuff and only focus when Kuuga appears.
It's the "Odagiri Effect". Achieve a periphery demographic by attracting swathes of female viewers by casting hot guys in the lead roles. ;)

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Rest in Peace to Jason David Frank, the actor who played Tommy Oliver, the Green Ranger in the original Power Rangers show.

Taken from us at only 49 years old, far too young. :(

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
320589743_1535395986925082_7071541453203807722_n.jpg

And this is new Super Sentai show promo again, this time Insects theme coming

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
fkpj1fmayaargos_orig.jpg

fkpj3hlamaepkv_orig.jpg

More detailed look to new SS team and that mecha is sick really

But first, here's our first proper look at the team's main mecha, the King Ouja! As previously reported, this is composed of 10 Shugods. These Shugods are: God Kuwagata, God Tonbo, God Kamakiri, God Papillon, God Hachi, God Tentou (x2), God Kumo (x2), and God Ant. As for how this combination works, here's the breakdown:
  • Kuwaga Ohger's God Kuwagata forms the body and head
  • Tonbo Ohger's God Tonbo forms the wings and the sword blade
  • Kamakiri Ohger's God Kamakiri forms the right leg
  • Papillon Ohger's God Papillon forms the sword handle
  • Hachi Ohger's God Hachi forms the left leg
  • God Tentou (x2) forms the hands
  • God Kumo (x2) form the chest and waist
  • God Ant combines the sword blade and sword handle
The King-Ohgers are the five kings from a planet called Chikyuu, in which there are only five continents and five kingdoms, which they govern and protect their respective kingdoms. The team itself was founded at least 2,000 years ago, and the role is being passed down in every generation, and each of them wield the Ouja Caliber, and they share a transforming shield weapon called Kings Weapon. Their enemies, the Earth Empire Bugnarock is also around the same time as well.

• Kuwagata Ohger is the red king who is brimming with fighting spirit. He claims to be a king, but is he really one? His Kings Weapon configuration is shield.
  • Tonbo Ohger is the blue king who is smart, extremely competitive, and well liked by his own people. He has a strong spirit that never gives up. His Kings Weapon configuration is a gun.
  • Kamakiri Ohger is the yellow queen is a selfish, but is willing to put herself in harms way when it comes to saving lives. She fights with splendid agility. Her Kings Weapon configuration is a scythe.
  • Papillon Ohger is the purple king who is the calm one, and the one who tries to remain neutral. Even if that is the case, they don't tolerate or forgive evil. Their Kings Weapon configuration is a bow.
  • Hachi Ohger is the black king is always cheerful nice guy who will do whatever it takes to protect his peaceful world. He's unpredictable in fights and toys with his enemies. His Kings Weapon configuration is a claw.
Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger is set to premiere this March 5, 2023, replacing Avataro Sentai Donbrothers in TV-Asahi's Super Hero Time block.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Whoa it has been a while since I've been on this section of the forums. So a couple of quick thoughts:

1. Don brothers: While the story was a little off at times, it did well in the character department. Well done.

2. My Kamen Rider Black blu-ray is coming in the mail. woot-woot!

3. Their is a fan dub of Japanese Spider-Man! How cool is that?!

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
So I made a thread about the youtube channel that is making a fan dub of the Japanese Spider-Man show. I tagged you Lorddemolation in it. That thread will explain more details about said series.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
My girlfriend and I finally made the pluge into Kamen Rider, I had about 10 episodes of Agito under my belt from before and a few series of Sentai and Garo, but she only knew Power Rangers season 1 and nothing else. We started with the original and now were half way through Kamen Rider V3, she absolutely fell in love with Hongo, rightly so since he's so goddamn charismatic, Hayato certainly held his own and Taki is basically an honorary rider at this point considering how well he did despite just being human. The ending was a bit anticlimactic, but it was cool seeing the costuming and show quality go up as it went along. It got a bit difficult to adjust to V3 since a lot of that comradery from the first series was missing, plus he was broody and a bit mean to his girlfriend/not girlfriend (rightly so considering the circumstances, but still) plus it was going to be borderline impossible to follow up against Hongo/Hayato and that awesome theme. As of episode 30, Shiro/V3 very much has found his groove and we've warmed up to him. My favorite villain from 1 was Doctor Shinigami, her's was Colonel Zol, Ambassador Hell was fun but strange, and General Black was fairly standard, The build up to Great Leader was very nice, but he basically stumbled over his own ass and died, then it was over. He's the villain again for V3, so maybe be gets a redemption arc this time.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Finished Kamen Rider V3 and Kamen Rider X. V3 ended on a good note, Shiro got comfortable in his role and stood out in his own way, the ending was also rather anti-climactic but I basically expected that.

X was certainly interesting, Jin's father was a badass, basically a scientist fighting GOD for years by himself, shoots his own son to make a point about how good his gear is, uses his dying minutes to build his son into an asskicking cyborg, gives him an underwater base and a cool bike, uploads his consciousness into a machine and sends his own corpse off to explode in a torpedo, then blows up the base an episode or 2 later because he's just baller like that. He was awesome.

Jin himself was pretty good, he reminded me of a young Keiji Mutoh lookalike, then went full Taki from the original Kamen Rider near the end. His costume was a bit simpler, and the Ridol whip felt kinda weak but the bike was neat.

The villains started with a cool motif, being creatures and gods based out of Greek Mythology which was exciting to follow from episode to episode, then they just kinda started making things up about halway through....but the second half villians, being based on historical people get WILD. (All I'm saying is if you know, you KNOW.)

The absolute best part of X was hands down, no contest, Apollo Geist. This guy was the goddamn star in every scene he was in, his actor bleeded charisma and was effortless cool nearly 100% of the time, he was so awesome they had to bring him back from the dead and keep him alive for a decent bit. This man could have been an incredible rider in another universe, I'd have replaced Riderman with him if it was my choice (sorry joji, you're neat and all but...)

Otherwise the battle with King Dark actually felt like a climactic ending, nice way to put a cap on the series. We're on to Amazon now, I'm absolutely pumped for this one

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Wooo! You are hitting the Showa Rider series hard I see. I just finished all of KR Black and Black RX the other day myself. V3 I'm halfway through. Takeshi Hongo is a god damn treasure and the man is always great in whatever scene he is in. Their is a reason why he and Kotaro Minami are "the faces" of KR and for good reason.

Amazon from what I recall starts a little slow but then picks up, it is also the shortest as well.

Top Bottom