• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero thoughts

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Just wondering how people's opinions have changed on Nero. Anyone still wish Dante was the main character or are people glad they didn't drop him after his initial negative reception and go the safe route making another Dante game after DmC

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Lol he got a little better, but he is still a whiny annoying wannabe and i just prefer dante and vergil

So he needs way way more chatacter growth before i can warm to him properly, as it stands i tolerate him and that is the best i can manage ha ha

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Just wondering how people's opinions have changed on Nero. Anyone still wish Dante was the main character or are people glad they didn't drop him after his initial negative reception and go the safe route making another Dante game after DmC
I saw him as a misfire. I don't mind a new protagonist, he just didn't click with me. I rather get a story disconnected from the Sparda family saga for DMC6. So I'd just retire him and the others to bring in some new blood.

I don't know if returning to Dante would've worked. He hasn't appealed to me post DMC3 storywise. The reboot was the one exception so I'd just do more with him.

There is an upcoming animated series from the team that adapted Castlevania for Netflix. I'm hoping they breathe new life into him and the series.

@ef9dante_oSsshea
We are probably stuck with him. Here's hoping DMC6 does something interesting with him.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I never had a problem with Nero back then, I certainly don't have a problem with now. He has definitely grown as a character and I feel people gave him too much hate at the time. I still would have preferred his prototype design and personality to be more like Sherlock Holmes, but I'm happy with what we got. I want to see him with other Devil Hunters in the next game.

Top Bottom