• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero's Busters Will Need Readjusting

Goldsickle

In the original game, a larger ghostly arm does most of the beating and trashing.
Now Nero's Busters need to be readjusted or remade so that the grabbing and slamming is done by the Devil Breaker arm.

In the trailer, Nero is seen doing his Frost Buster animation on an enemy but it's the Devil Breaker that's grabbing hold of the tail.

It will also limit his Busters, because he can't call upon an enlarged version of the ghostly arm for certain maneuvers, like grabbing Berial by the face and slamming it to the ground.
Maybe the large electrical blast becomes a giant energy arm for these kinds of maneuvers?

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
i guess so.. most likely nero will have the same actions (and more) as 4, only it's electrical energy instead of demonic stuffs for nostalgia, story and easier access to the character purpose

nico is probably nice enough to give nero the same abilities, or nero requested her to do so..

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I was going to make a thread similar to this but screw it. DMC 5 better be designed around ALL the playable characters and also allow us to play as any character from the start of the game in New Game+. Playing as dante&vergil in DMC4 always felt weird, like they didn't belong in this world where every enemy is designed around the goddamn snatch mechanic. Its really bullshit that some of the enemies that Nero can take down with little ease feels like a big chore when playing as Dante.

Honestly, i won't even mind if Dante just uses a similar mechanic to Snatch like DmC dante.

Goldsickle

DMC 5 better be designed around ALL the playable characters
That's what they did for DMC4:SE.
If you play as newer characters like Lady or Trish, the bosses are readjusted to be compatible with these characters.

Although, I don't think you can have a Nero VS Savior nor Dante VS Sanctus fights without mods.

DarkSlayerVergil

That's what they did for DMC4:SE.
If you play as newer characters like Lady or Trish, the bosses are readjusted to be compatible with these characters.

Although, I don't think you can have a Nero VS Savior nor Dante VS Sanctus fights without mods.
Are you sure about the bosses be redesigned for the new character? I mean I felt no difference in the Sanctious when playing as Lady.

Goldsickle

Are you sure about the bosses be redesigned for the new character? I mean I felt no difference in the Sanctious when playing as Lady.
That's what Hideaki Itsuno said in an interview.
He explains that for example, when you fight a boss as Lady, the boss is made to be "Lady-compatible".
It's all vague and I don't know exactly what was readjusted.

DarkSlayerVergil

That's what Hideaki Itsuno said in an interview.
He explains that for example, when you fight a boss as Lady, the boss is made to be "Lady-compatible".
It's all vague and I don't know exactly what was readjusted.
He probably meant the characters being made compatible for the bosses since Lady's zip line snatch is a substitute for Neros Devil Bringer.

Goldsickle

He probably meant the characters being made compatible for the bosses since Lady's zip line snatch is a substitute for Neros Devil Bringer.
No, it's the other way around.

Here's an exact quote from this article:
"However, these changes are per character. So if you're playing as Dante, you'll get the same boss fight experience you had in the original game. But if you play Lady, for example, that's when the bosses become Lady compatible bosses so to speak."

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'd imagine they'll be able to figure some cool stuff out. If I had to guess, for Nero to do something zany like lifting up Berial, they'd make use of some like, rocket power. Just imagine Nero grappling with that big dude who ate a car in the trailer, giving him a rocket uppercut. Gimme dat Elbow Rocket, Capcom!

I recently came to the realization that every Devil Breaker will probably allow us to use Snatch, at least, while Buster might depend specifically on the type of arm Nero has equipped. There's a gif going around that shows Nero using Snatch on an enemy while they were also being pummeled by a free-flying rocket arm, so either he switched to an arm with Snatch available, or each arm at its base allows for one of Nero's most basic elements, but changes up some of the other cool moves he can get out of it.

Top Bottom