• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Netflix's Devil May Cry revealed

Lucel

F7C7Dv9XkAAognK

Animated by Studio Mir (The Legend of Korra, Voltron: Legendary Defenders)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The last anime didn't work for me and 4/5/reboot had good ideas but didn't grab me like 3 did so I'm hoping this really gets me excited about DMC again.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Not a fan of Dante's design, the animation looks fine from the 3-ish seconds we got to see of it, it'll definitely need to hold up throughout as the teaser suggests they aren't going the Gungrave route.

Saying I am cautiously optimistic would be an understatement.

Benny

Guess they will never go back to DMC1/2 kind of design for Dante
Is this taking place after DMC3?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The last anime was focused on a case of the week structure with a new plot. I liked the idea and I'm hoping this take doing something similar.

It's probably an overarching plot and more serialized than the last one.

I rather get a new story but I don't mind adapting the games. Since it's probably a multi season show they could do both types. It's similar to how Guillermo Del Toro's Hellboy films were.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Coincidentally Marvel rebooted their Ultimate Universe this year.

I guess 2023 is the year of second reboots.

I might've preffered the roleswap au where Vergil and Dante swapped roles. It's a clearer hook than what this show has currently. Right now it just has nostalgia for 3 going for it.

I wonder if they might answer who Nero's mom might be by the end of the show. Even with a reboot, it's unlikely Nero would pop up so exploring Vergil's relationship with his mom might be better.

Although it would be cool to see their take on 2's setting and characters.

Last edited:
Top Bottom