• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New teaser for DMC4 Special Edition

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
May - the speculation - begin.

muy7hy.png

j8jr53.png

2m4c8s7.png

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Thanks for that.

Anyway, Vergil's weak and is in hiding. He feels cold and is also in pain, which is why he's holding the cloak.

Either that, or he's hiding his Yamato, which he had just recently stolen back from Nero. He feels shame, hence the hood.

Edit:

Kobayashi really should've included Vergil in the first edition of this game. Seven years? Really??

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Looks like he's looking for something too... Dante? Yamato? The Sparda sword?

Also, what kind of area in Fortuna could that be? Is it Fortuna in the first place? And who is the woman pictured in those posters?

Viper

Premium
SNAAAKE! Oops, I mean... VEEERGIL!
Well, the hooded figure made me think of Solid/Old Snake. XD
Doesn't help he seems to have a snake (or is it dragon, might be an asian dragon more likely) on his boot sole. link to picture

His outfit seems to be very much like the one from DMC3, though pants look a little lighter here, but it says to me it will most probably be story of Nero's origins.
But what troubles could await young Vergie? For no way this will only be him sightseeing like a good little tourist. Unless it's about prices of souvenirs getting him mad. XD

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
He's looking for all three, it seems like.

It's probably some run-down place in Fortuna. Vergil has more or less been living in hiding because he's not at full strength. He hasn't been for some time because ever since his (apparent) resurrection, he's been weak.

Also, the only thing keeping him functioning in the past is his NA demon form. Without that, Vergil is still weak from Rebellion's final deathblow.

Edit:

I don't see any woman. But if you can show it to me, maybe it's Vergil's lover?

Also, maybe this took place in the past, and he's holding an infant Nero and dropping him off at an orphanage.

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
what kind of area in Fortuna could that be?
This does not look like around Fortuna to me. Looks a lot more suburb. Could be Fortuna in the past maybe?
Vergil's weak and is in hiding. He feels cold and pain, which is why he's holding the cloak.

Either that, or he's hiding his Yamato, which he had just recently stolen back from Nero. He feels shame, hence the hood.
I like that Yamato idea. If I was him I would be very depressed and self-blaming. I don't think he has the sword though. So either he is gonna steal it/request it from Nero or Vergil's campaign will be on the past.

Maybe we will see how did Yamato end up broken?

Also doesn't the picture look like Nevan? I remember there was a theory suggested Nero was a Vergil&Nevan's love child. Sounded funny...but that could make sense to me.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I don't see any woman. But if you can show it to me, maybe it's Vergil's lover?

Also, maybe this took place in the past, and he's holding an infant Nero and dropping him off at an orphanage.

Look at the second picture I posted.

And yeah, it being set in the past is also a solid possibility, imo. I would be curious to see that, but I would also be a bit disappointed though, cause that means that they won't revive Vergil for future installments.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I like that Yamato idea. If I was him I would be very depressed and self-blaming. I don't think he has the sword though.
Vergil has a conscious now. Who knew?

Also, can I see the picture? If it is a demon, then Nero would be 3/4th's of a demon, making him technically more powerful than Dante.

Edit:
Look at the second picture I posted.
Ah. Yes, I see it now.

It might be a demonic neighborhood then. Some sort of devil settlement like in District 9.

But does this mean that Vergil is trying to escape? This means that Nevan (or someone who looks like her) is famous enough to be put on some sort of poster.

Speculation. Wow. We'll be at it nonstop until the release date.

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
Also... Can anyone clearly see what's written above that picture? "Reference"? "Preference"?
Wow. We'll be at it nonstop until the release date.
Ahahaha! That's a given! Still, being able to speculate about DMC feels almost nostalgic. I remember times we discussed theories with my friends non-stop. Good times, they were.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I remember times we discussed theories with my friends non-stop. Good times, they were.
Well, I know I have a "preference" towards Nevan, if you know what I mean. ;)

In any case, I'm having a Speculation Slumber Party with a ton food and Twitch stream. Don't miss out, guys.

[I'm actually joking about that. I'm having a slumber party of one, at most. XD]

Khundy

Berserker
"Also, can I see the picture? If it is a demon, then Nero would be 3/4th's of a demon, making him technically more powerful than Dante"

Maybe that's why Nero has the devil bringer?

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
The woman in the poster seems a concept art for Nevan.

The poster could be just a reference.

He's probably holding a baby like in this photo:

father-holding-his-newborn-baby-pavlo-kolotenko.jpg

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Maybe that's why Nero has the devil bringer?
The second picture that foxtrot posted has the image.

It's the poster that's next to Vergil with the woman that looks like Nevan. It might be Nero's mom. Who knows?

Speaking of which, where's VeeBee?

Edit: Time to change my avi. Out with the old, in with the... somewhat older but still sorta new?? o_O

Khundy

Berserker
The second picture that foxtrot posted has the image.

It's the poster that's next to Vergil with the woman that looks like Nevan. It might be Nero's mom. Who knows?

Speaking of which, where's VeeBee?

Edit: Time to change my avi. Out with the old, in with the... somewhat older but still sorta new?? o_O

maybe that's why Nero air guitars in a taunt :p

Viper

Premium
@Gel @AgentRedgrave
Easter eggs/references are for finished game, what shows up in trailer is usually something that hints at what awaits you, especially if the whole trailer is an unknown, not very special street on which only Vergil and that poster stand out the most

Top Bottom