• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

News and Updates (No Personal Posts)

berto

I Saw the Devil
Ok. So I've been told that people have a hard time navigating through the general info thread because all the actual official info is buried amongst all the other posts. So We're going back to how we had it in the DMC4 section. One thread for news, interviews, new images, videos, and general new stuff from the game, and another for general discussion.

The rules are simple, this is where people can go to see or post whatever new releases of the game people here find so only post new or varying media from the game, be it images, videos, news, interviews, info and whatever other data you find. Don't post personal opinions, thoughts, or impressions on the stuff you see here, but if you have something to add, a correction or other tidbits regarding the stuff in here feel free to post it. This is not a police state. If I think your post doesn't belong I'll just move it to general discussion.

Anyway, I'll start moving all the posts from the other thread here and change that one to general discussion.

Hmm. We're going to need a media and news release thread for stuff like this to go in. For this batch of info this should be fine.

12b84275b71ec813e2718e35f9db539c.jpg

The time has come! Get ready for the craziest, most stylish action game experience yet:

Announcing Devil May Cry 5!

Time to Kick Some Demon Ass

Years have passed since the events of Devil May Cry 4, and a lot has happened. Young demon hunter Nero has lost his Devil Bringer demon arm… but hey! He’s now heading his own branch of the demon-hunting business Devil May Cry. To make up for that lost arm, and keep his style rankings up, he’s enlisted the help of expert craftswoman Nico, a brand new character in the series, to lend a hand and build different types of prosthetic arms that unlock new badass combat abilities and devastating powers.

eabe0b3f0b1370f78f86497c4d508d16.jpg

2d60c0306692c4d16a41c27fc9d69290.jpg

The Demonic Invasion Begins

A new demonic invasion has begun with the seeds of a demon tree being sown in Red Grave City. Now fully equipped with his trusty Red Queen and Blue Rose, and a new arsenal of rad robot hands thanks to his partner Nico, Nero must rise up to this new impossible task. With such insane amount of energy and destruction emanating from this surprise invasion, the stage is now set for the latest chapter of the “Sons of Sparda” saga.

17fbaf28f770488c81ccfe813ac85175.jpg

Utterly Insane Action

However, Nero is not alone in this fight. Our gameplay announcement trailer above focuses on Nero and his new set of tricks, but Devil May Cry 5 will feature 3 playable characters, with their own unique over-the-top playstyles and flair.
fa9c49e67d9dc168490223365ae0b56a.jpg

eea3705864dcd31163d582d71198d3a4.jpg

New Heights in Visual Fidelity

More details on characters and specific gameplay moves are still forthcoming—can Nero still MAX-Act rev the Red Queen?!—but rest assured the complete package will be delivered to you in true Devil May Cry form at a silky-smooth 60 frames-per-second and stunning visual fidelity, thanks to the power of our proprietary RE Engine.
60714ac15296380918fbed45e565a5eb.jpg

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
I don't want to make a thread for every little thing I find so I'll just make this temporary thread for that kinda thing.

Now, how about some gameplay and info.
2 hours 10 minutes 10 seconds in.

berto

I Saw the Devil
is this his daughter :O Probably a stretch though
Did you read the novel? The gunsmith in the original novel was an older woman named Nell and according to that she made Ebony and Ivory. Used to be Tony Redgrave who made them but after it was her. Nico is her granddaughter.

Damn, double post. I'll merge them later.

So, what I said about that old black guy being Morrison on that other thread? Turns out I was right.

Itsuno held a fan event and he confirmed it there. I don't know what else they talked about, yet.
Conf.jpg

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Here is a stream replay where, around the 3h 53m mark, Itsuno and a couple of other devs are interviewed about DMC5.

https://mixer.com/Xbox?vod=38224649

For those who can't or don't wanna watch it, here are the info that got disclosed from it.

- The black guy smoking a cigar at the beginning of the trailer is indeed Morrison from the anime... somehow.

- They can't say who the red demon with multiple blue eyeballs (I'm guessing they're eyeballs) from the beginning of the trailer is yet, but he's definitely gonna be an enemy in the game and he's gonna be a pretty big guy, more than 20 ft tall.

- The Devil May Cry neon sign that Nero put on his van was given to him by Dante like in the DMC4 novel.

- The van is actually also Nero's office and it has a fully rendered reception area inside it.

- They made sure to bring back as many of the developers that worked on DMC3 and 4 as possible for this one, and Yuji Shimomura is once again the director and choreographer for the fight cutscenes.

- Nero's Devil Breakers will deteriorate with usage and he carries a number of them with him to quickly re-equip them after they break. It's not clear if this is a gameplay thing as well (I hope not) or just a story/lore detail.

- You can indeed use a variety of Devil Breakers, each with their own unique capabilities, more details about that at Gamescom.

- Nero's jacket is an actual real life one they got made in Europe and then photoscanned to port it into the game's engine.

- The music video for the "Devil Trigger" song contains little hints about the third playable character.

berto

I Saw the Devil
So they even have a prototype for the game case

- The black guy smoking a cigar at the beginning of the trailer is indeed Morrison from the anime... somehow.
Called it!!

But seriously. Seen how the producer what a gringo I get the impression they did that on for the progressiveness of it. I’ve mentioned before my feelings about changing an established character’s race. With that being said I kinda like the idea of Morrison being a black guy. It gives him more personality, makes him a little more interesting. He wasn’t particularly captivating before, or at all, but with his few lines of dialogue he’s already shown more character than his entirety in the anime.

- The Devil May Cry neon sign that Nero put on his van was given to him by Dante like in the DMC4 novel.
Yeah, I remember reading that but... It’s kinda crappy, though. I thought he send him a smaller version of the one from his office. That one is kinda underwhelming.

- The van is actually also Nero's office and it has a fully rendered reception area inside it.
Ok, good. So he's not making poor Kyrie live there. I'll she still cleans a up after him, though.

- They made sure to bring back as many of the developers that worked on DMC3 and 4 as possible for this one, and Yuji Shimomura is once again the director and choreographer for the fight cutscenes.
Considering Shimomura just made a comeback with RE:BORN I expected to see that. Plus, with everyone else they brought back someone as key as him would probably be an obvious addition.
For those of you who don't know about Shimomura's last film this is the kind of action he's made lately and I wouldn't be angry to see something like it in the game:
That's Tak Sakaguchi, who started on another film where Shimomura was action director called Versus. It was the film he made before he started working on DMC3 and if you liked the action of DMC3 you should definitely give Versus a viewing.

- Nero's Devil Breakers will deteriorate with usage and he carries a number of them with him to quickly re-equip them after they break. It's not clear if this is a gameplay thing as well (I hope not) or just a story/lore detail.

- You can indeed use a variety of Devil Breakers, each with their own unique capabilities, more details about that at Gamescom.
So, it's possible that they're going to have a single weapon for Nero but with lot's of functions for his arm. I don't know how I feel about that.

My question is, can you run out of arms and be left with just your gun and sword?

- The music video for the "Devil Trigger" song contains little hints about the third playable character.
But it's so cringy.

Alright, in all fairness, the song is not that bad, it's just that whole section where they actually say Devil Trigger.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Umm.

So, supposedly this is the new face of Dante:
http://instagr.am/p/Bj3My3cHAb1/
And this is the first pic when I googled his name:
6ef897da325b53bc476f8e6901b5079c--adam-style-sexy-men.jpg

I'm, well, I don't think they look alike.

To clarify, this is supposed to be the new facial capture actor for Dante. It's his likeness they're supposedly using, though I don't see it from that pic. The nose looks too wide.

berto

I Saw the Devil
In case anyone needs it with transparency.
the_Video_Game_Gallery_42384_1072x587.png

Looks like the Hells are making a comeback.

Hells.png

dmc5-screens-04-minF2C3BB39-0A11-58C5-3D40-A26A0AE6C24D.jpg

dmc5-screens-10-minC82C02E6-8939-1F51-48AD-5BEBE007CA87.jpg

dmc5-screens-12-minBDB480AC-6C75-6566-CB62-6B22AAAB16F4.jpg

dmc5-screens-15-min79705A74-4A2B-D8B3-92F8-BEBCD2F9E624.jpg

dmc5-screens-16-minF408D2E4-4A09-A329-1AAA-24093B88E27C.jpg

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
the_Video_Game_Gallery_42570_3840x2160.png

the_Video_Game_Gallery_42571_3840x2160.png

And a MUCH larger version of the logo for those who need it:
the_Video_Game_Gallery_42521_5700x3920.png

Last edited:

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Dunno if this been posted but for you all guys on Forum , from JP gaming magazine scans i found on net an whole article on DMC 5:

tumblr_pamownegXM1vsb5ezo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_pamownegXM1vsb5ezo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_pamownegXM1vsb5ezo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_pamownegXM1vsb5ezo1_1280.jpg

Top Bottom