• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[Nominate] Most emotional scene in DMC

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Love that scene. It's a pretty touching moment mixed with a bit of 4th wall breaking that I love; vergil shows up out of nowhere and (unlike his betrayal in DmC) does something completely unexpected, he saves your ass and helps you. Dante starts to look for a fight, but vergil deflects his aggression with a casual reminder that dante occupies the spotlight in this world and the invisible audience wouldn't be satisfied with arkham as the climactic end (you're in a video game bro, does that blob look like a good final boss to you?) They cap it off by fighting with each others weapons briefly, and then vergil does the unthinkable. He touches and fires a gun, which is a huge ******* deal for him, but he does it for dante, complete with "jackpot".

But to me that scene is only second to this one. For one, dante is completely serious for the first time in the entire game. Not a one-liner of veiled joke anywhere, so already things are pretty intense. When vergil drops, he also loses his amulet and force edge. Force edge is a weapon of incredible power, but his amulet is just a sentimental reminder of his human mother (and remember, vergil despises humans) so it's surprising when he scoops up the amulet and ignores force edge. He's spent the whole game preaching the merits of demonic power and looking down on humans as weak, but in this one moment he realizes what he truly values and chooses this tiny scrap of humanity over power.

Maybe it's this brief bit of humanity that helps vergil realize he's done some pretty messed up stuff, and why he decides to stay behind in the demon world. The final touch with dante's glove is amazing. Sure it might look painful, but coming from vergil a little scratch like that is downright affectionate.

That might explain why he became so honorable after being corrupted by Mundus.

There was a lot of implications behind his words. That is what I love about his character he seems very straight forward but there is always a deep meaning behind his words that you see can very different sides to him as a character from your own point of view. Not being so open and cryptic helped out his character.

Its quite obvious that Vergil wanted to stay in the demon world since he felt he was more demon than human and when Dante tried to save he didn't drag him down to hell with them but instead forced him back so he can return to the human world and live as a human since he viewed Dante as more human. That that is where they both belong.

Also, one can view Vergil's own descent into hell as his own self punishment. He failed to achieve his goals and Vergil has extremely strong conviction you think he'll just get up and try again later but no he decides to stop chasing after his father's power and fell into hell maybe Dante's words moved him coupled with the fact that he lost that Vergil probably thought that he was wrong all along and took responsibility by taking up the worst part of being Sparda going to hell, Sparda's former home. He may have developed a stronger sense of honor after his defeat to Dante and decided to do things with his own power (like take on the Demon Emperor).

IncarnatedDemon

When vergil drops, he also loses his amulet and force edge. Force edge is a weapon of incredible power, but his amulet is just a sentimental reminder of his human mother (and remember, vergil despises humans) so it's surprising when he scoops up the amulet and ignores force edge. He's spent the whole game preaching the merits of demonic power and looking down on humans as weak, but in this one moment he realizes what he truly values and chooses this tiny scrap of humanity over power.

Maybe it's this brief bit of humanity that helps vergil realize he's done some pretty messed up stuff, and why he decides to stay behind in the demon world. The final touch with dante's glove is amazing. Sure it might look painful, but coming from vergil a little scratch like that is downright affectionate.
My impression of DMC3 Vergil is that he wanted power to get revenge on the demons.
If his intention was to side with demons or embrace demon side, why would he charge at demon at end of DMC3?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
My impression of DMC3 Vergil is that he wanted power to get revenge on the demons.
If his intention was to side with demons or embrace demon side, why would he charge at demon at end of DMC3?

I assumed it was because even though Vergil does want to be a demon, he really wants to be a full fledged "Sparda" demon. Other demons mean nothing to him.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
Embracing a demonic heritage and pledging loyalty to the demonic realm are two completely unrelated things. Vergil has a massive thirst for power, and shows no remorse when killing humans, but that doesn't mean he isn't going to try and kill mundus when he sees him

Top Bottom