• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[Nominate] Most emotional scene in DMC

IncarnatedDemon

Since it will take a week or more to get all the scenes, i decided to start thread now.

Nominate emotional scene(s) in DMC. I will nominate one, and let you guys nominate the remaining scenes that i like alot.

I get signals from everyone that Kyrie and Nero story is lame. Personally i think its really nice couple, however, it could been more interesting than a simple damsel in distress plot.
So thats my critique of the plot. But the two (Nero and Kyrie) , are awesome.

A POLL WILL BE MADE in 1 week or so with the nominees

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I can't think of any from DMC because its plot was so shallow that emotion was just a cheap anime.

Now DmC

"Don't worry mother...your nightmares will soon be over..." Just the creepy way he says that...

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Seriously, DMC doesn't get me emotional. I'm always making fun of those cutscenes because they're so shallow and stupid. You can't take this sh!t seriously. And if you think Nero and Kyrie are actually an interesting and chemistry infused couple telling a compelling love story then you need to really take a look around because you're looking for love in all the wrong places. It's gross. Absolutely dreadful. *pukes*

Meg

There's only one truly emotional scene in DMC:

This better win. :lol:

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
This right here because after this DMC goes over the top (besides the 2nd game) no other DMC can ever match the first one. The closest I can think of is the ending to 3 which guess what leads up to 1. Though on a side note
tumblr_miy4qyDvM21rquhqmo1_500.gif

Curse you 2006 video with terrible sound quality
tumblr_mm4s3gsajU1qgr0y2o4_250.gif

IncarnatedDemon

Let's not go into discussion about how shallow DMC was, and lets please take this topic seriously.
Something tells me, Meg, that your not taking this very seriously if your going to suggest that "Dark light" scene.

So please contain the troll within if your joking :)

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Let's not go into discussion about how shallow DMC was, and lets please take this topic seriously.

:)
It is. I don't know of many people who take DMC seriously. You just can't. And the light scene from DMC 1 is awesome because it's just so stupid and ridiculous. You can't say you didn't laugh at it.

IncarnatedDemon

It is. I don't know of many people who take DMC seriously. You just can't. And the light scene from DMC 1 is awesome because it's just so stupid and ridiculous. You can't say you didn't laugh at it.
Like i said, lets not go into discussion. Otherwise i will be forced to teach you the meaning of shallow.
As for the "Dark light" scene, it was meant to be emotional but it failed.

Hence it's not a good emotional scene because people perceive it as funny instead of what it was intended to be perfceived as, emotional.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Like i said, lets not go into discussion. Otherwise i will be forced to teach you the meaning of shallow.
As for the "Dark light" scene, it was meant to be emotional but it failed.

Hence it's not a good emotional scene because people perceive it as funny instead of what it was intended to be perfceived as, emotional.
It counts. You're looking for scenes that made people feel as if they were watching Titanic or that episode of Futurama Jurrasic Bark. A depressing or tearjerker scene. Does DMC have that? PFFFTTTT No lolz. Who takes DMC that seriously? I mean really?

IncarnatedDemon

It counts. You're looking for scenes that made people feel as if they were watching Titanic or that episode of Futurama Jurrasic Bark. A depressing or tearjerker scene. Does DMC have that? PFFFTTTT No lolz. Who takes DMC that seriously? I mean really?

DEFINITION: Shallow

1. Measuring little from bottom to top or surface; lacking physical depth.
  2. Lacking depth of intellect, emotion, or knowledge: "This is a shallow parody of America" (Lloyd Rose).
  3. Marked by insufficient inhalation of air; weak: shallow respirations.
Watch those and come back to me and say "DMC is shallow".

meg5493

Praise the Sun!

Well what do you expect in DMC no one really ever "dies" besides Credo and Nelo Angelo the hero wins the bad guy loses and Dante's still in debt. Some games can make you get emotional while others
what-am-i-fighting-fooorrrrrrr-o.gif

Its all about preference but to be fair DMC never had an amazing story but its still lovable

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
DEFINITION: Shallow

1. Measuring little from bottom to top or surface; lacking physical depth.
  2. Lacking depth of intellect, emotion, or knowledge: "This is a shallow parody of America" (Lloyd Rose).
  3. Marked by insufficient inhalation of air; weak: shallow respirations.
Watch those and come back to me and say "DMC is shallow".

It is. Terrible writing and generic plots riddled with nothing but cliches and trite trends. I don't need to watch anything, I played them all. I know what DMC is.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well what do you expect in DMC no one really ever "dies" besides Credo and Nelo Angelo the hero wins the bad guy loses and Dante's still in debt. Some games can make you get emotional while others
what-am-i-fighting-fooorrrrrrr-o.gif

Its all about preference but to be fair DMC never had an amazing story but its still lovable
Well, yea. I love playing them. I'm not easy to give feels though to so that's just me. Games like MGS, Red Dead Redemption, Shadow of the Colossus, Silent Hill 2, The Walking Dead, etc. are the kind of games that got me a little emotional. It's because they have stories and characters I get captivated by. Like reading a good book. DMC really isn't that but it has its own charm and that I can agree with. It's why I still think DMC 1 is the best and don't like the sh!t they did in DMC 3 and 4 when it came to the stories and characters.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Well, yea. I love playing them. I'm not easy to give feels though to so that's just me. Games like MGS, Red Dead Redemption, Shadow of the Colossus, Silent Hill 2, The Walking Dead, etc. are the kind of games that got me a little emotional. It's because they have stories and characters I get captivated by. Like reading a good book. DMC really isn't that but it has its own charm and that I can agree with. It's why I still think DMC 1 is the best and don't like the sh!t they did in DMC 3 and 4 when it came to the stories and characters.

Everyone can agree that DMC's main strong point has always been its combat I don't mind the story being cheesy because hey while its not silent hill or metal gear it still manages to keep me intrigued at what their going to throw at me next. If had 4 done this a little better especially with Dante's half of the story then I thought it would have been cool to defeat a totally new and different enemy just to get something like Pandora

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Something tells me, Meg, that your not taking this very seriously if your going to suggest that "Dark light" scene.

So please contain the troll within if your joking :)

Well now that I think about it, there was the one meg showed. Dante had to constantly be reminded of his mother through Trish and couldn't have the heart to kill her because it'd be like killing his own mother. Thus why Dante says "You may look like my mother, but you'll never have her fire!"

IncarnatedDemon

Well now that I think about it, there was the one meg showed. Dante had to constantly be reminded of his mother through Trish and couldn't have the heart to kill her because it'd be like killing his own mother. Thus why Dante says "You may look like my mother, but you'll never have her fire!"
Obviously. Hence why i nominated that scene for "Best DMC scene".

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Being emotional into a fiction story is highly subjective people. I mostly don't feel really emotional in games(mostly selected) but i think Lady killing his father and the last scene of Lady narrating in DMC 3:

1:34:16

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
Being emotional into a fiction story is highly subjective people. I mostly don't feel really emotional in games(mostly selected) but i think Lady killing his father and the last scene of Lady narrating in DMC 3:

1:34:16
Love that scene. It's a pretty touching moment mixed with a bit of 4th wall breaking that I love; vergil shows up out of nowhere and (unlike his betrayal in DmC) does something completely unexpected, he saves your ass and helps you. Dante starts to look for a fight, but vergil deflects his aggression with a casual reminder that dante occupies the spotlight in this world and the invisible audience wouldn't be satisfied with arkham as the climactic end (you're in a video game bro, does that blob look like a good final boss to you?) They cap it off by fighting with each others weapons briefly, and then vergil does the unthinkable. He touches and fires a gun, which is a huge ****ing deal for him, but he does it for dante, complete with "jackpot".

But to me that scene is only second to this one. For one, dante is completely serious for the first time in the entire game. Not a one-liner of veiled joke anywhere, so already things are pretty intense. When vergil drops, he also loses his amulet and force edge. Force edge is a weapon of incredible power, but his amulet is just a sentimental reminder of his human mother (and remember, vergil despises humans) so it's surprising when he scoops up the amulet and ignores force edge. He's spent the whole game preaching the merits of demonic power and looking down on humans as weak, but in this one moment he realizes what he truly values and chooses this tiny scrap of humanity over power.

Maybe it's this brief bit of humanity that helps vergil realize he's done some pretty messed up stuff, and why he decides to stay behind in the demon world. The final touch with dante's glove is amazing. Sure it might look painful, but coming from vergil a little scratch like that is downright affectionate.

Top Bottom