• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

One Old Article I Remember

Goldsickle

Way back before Devil May Cry was released, I remember reading a magazine article about the game.
In the article, it says that using Devil Trigger lowers your total ranking.

Anyone else remembers this?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Way back before Devil May Cry was released, I remember reading a magazine article about the game.
In the article, it says that using Devil Trigger lowers your total ranking.

Anyone else remembers this?

Nope. I never heard such a thing once. Whoever wrote that article clearly had no idea what they were talking about. Then again, most of the my preview viewings were on TV or on web videos on game sites.

Goldsickle

Nope. I never heard such a thing once. Whoever wrote that article clearly had no idea what they were talking about. Then again, most of the my preview viewings were on TV or on web videos on game sites.
It was the good old days when you get all your info only in magazines and the internet isn't widespread enough.

There was also a time when Nemesis from RE3 was described to be "as relentless as the T-1000 from Terminator 2" (paraphrasing) but then a magazine writer misinterpret it as "Nemesis will be a liquid metal creature".

But yeah, I mostly read magazines like Electronic Gaming Monthly or EGM2.
There was another one that I forgot its name but the Devil May Cry article was in one of them.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I didn't speak english back then, but if you find it let me know. Sounds interesting.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
It was the good old days when you get all your info only in magazines and the internet isn't widespread enough.

There was also a time when Nemesis from RE3 was described to be "as relentless as the T-1000 from Terminator 2" (paraphrasing) but then a magazine writer misinterpret it as "Nemesis will be a liquid metal creature".

There was another one that I forgot its name but the Devil May Cry article was in one of them.
The biggest magazines of that time were:
- GamePro
- GameFan (Premium, though... those magazines were quality)
- Next Generation (Another premium magazine with qualtiy, but its more informative than "flashy"?)
- Nintendo Power
- Sega Visions
- Mega Play, I think it was...?

Those are from the top of my head.

Goldsickle

The biggest magazines of that time were:
- GamePro
- Next Generation (Another premium magazine with qualtiy, but its more informative than "flashy"?)
- Nintendo Power
- Sega Visions

Those are from the top of my head.
I'd have to look through them one by one, around the time Devil May Cry is announced but not yet released.

If only there is a site that archives magazine articles like how Project Umbrella archives Resident Evil news from gaming magazines.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!

I should have mentioned that I still did read Gaming Magazines at the time, it's just that in DMC1's case I mainly looked at web previews or web articles.

- GamePro
- Nintendo Power
- Sega Visions

Never heard or read the permium stuff.

My reads were usually:

GamePro - Which I liked less as the years went on.
GameInformer - Hated them from early 2005 and so on.
Electronic Gaming Monthly - One of my favorites.
1Up - One of my other favorites. EGM & 1Up I would read the most.
PSM
Nintendo Power.

Top Bottom