• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Play Store Problem (Only For Informational):

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
Does anyone as an android user here in this forum affect by Google or Play Store updates that they make all people around the globe impossible or I'm wrong about this (maybe this a bug correct me if I'm wrong):

▪︎That they removed legacy version of Gpay from all users and updated with newer version the previous one support many regions (I don't know the app just my theory) and new one only have 3 region:

-Singapore
-India
-USA

▪︎And Reddit posts and a site that reported this problem:
https://www.reddit.com/r/googleplay/comments/oa9v4k
And my problem is my Gmail account server (original one) is on US and I bought a legit 5$ gift card for my anti virus subscription only and I can't use it because it must use on the country that where gift card came (none sense in this pandemic to travel just for a gift card).
and even if you want talk to Google support maybe they tell you travel to that border to use your gift cards or your balance and that's make no sense in this pandemic and for my problem I used refer a friend for myself and my mother, so if anyone have any problem just use your application refer option for now.

Last edited:

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
Kinda similar to Steam region lock but the difference is people around the globe like me or others their account server is on another country but for Steam we use VPNs for changing our location for buying a game cheaper in another region so Steam blocked VPNs and same for Android platform but the difference is we can't change our server once you use your gift card for that region (again maybe we can if you have another account to another country server but this my guess) and I think Google do same move like Steam.

Last edited:

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
》Gpay update: I find the Gpay accessible through Play Store (give you little bit updates about my 5$ gift card I tried this methods also like downgrading GService & Play Store and also web redeem and again no luck with VPN to country that my account server is) and Google moved some options to web (I don't know this same for others or not) now the question is can people still use Cards or PayPal that their account server is on another country.

Last edited:

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
Another update from unofficial Google Play Store Reddit:
xd7x3qhbowc71.jpg

Top Bottom