• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Recommend 1 Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Final Offer

I'm thinking about getting into more anime after I'm done watching Breaking Bad. (Season 1 episode 2 right now). Now this isn't just for me, but anyone else who wants a recommendation. All you have to do is...

Experience: I've seen Bleach, Attack On Titan, DBZ (of course), Full metal, Afro Samurai, Bayonetta, Devil May Cry, X Men, Iron Man, Wolverine (ugh), Blade, and Naruto.

I'm sure alot of people want others to enjoy an anime. I keep hearing things about Death Note. Not sure about it.

Meg

Death Note is one of the animes/mangas that everyone should at least try. Personally, I don't care for it, but you might. I tried reading the manga and thought it was super wordy, which made it a slog to read.

I haven't seen many animes, but I do love Tiger and Bunny. It's basically the X-Men but with TV sponsors. It's an interesting twist to the whole superhero formula. It's also really funny. You can watch it for free on Viz's website.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
>>>> Rurouni kenshin <<<<

Its all round one the most entertaining Anime TV series i know of,it has it action,drama along with many interesting characters,the story is about a wandering samurai like samurai jack who has taken the cliched oath to not kill anyone because he has killed way too many and wants to repent by saving and protecting as many lives he can by wielding a reversed blade sword(basically a blunt sword) and he fights bad guys and the imperialist Shishio who wants to take over the meiji govt and go back to days of feudal japan.

Its story tries be as much as realistic as possible sure all the attacks are exaggerated and the main character has a plot shield but other than that its pretty much a great anime about samurais at the end of feudal japan.

Also i'd highly recommend you to watch the subbed version because the dubbing is faithful to the script but the acting is just "meh".

Although the last arc was disappointing overall this show doesn't overstay its welcome like DBZ,Naruto,bleach and other sellout anime.

The Final Offer

Since the beginning of this thread (first 2 posts) I've been binge watching Death Note. It's great thus far I'm on episode 12. Since I have some waiting to do (party) and nothing school wise, I thought it'd be best to run through it. I'm so shocked I didn't watch this before. It's really really good.

I had watched Hellsing and I apologize for not mentioning it. I loved that anime. Also, the reason I started watching it is because of Hellsing Abridged series. Thanks though @ef9 o shea you really would've done me a blessing with that suggestion.

Once I'm done with Death Note, I'll be looking into Trigun. I've been seeing it on Netflix and have been thinking I should give it a try.

I'm down for Tiger and Bunny and Kenshin.

I'm also pleased to tell you all why I'm doing this is to further step foot into anime. I'm getting so tired of not knowing who people are when they appear in video games. I hate not knowing what someone can do before I use them. With that being said, I'm definitely pondering on importing J Star victory Vs. I also, can't deny the brilliance that comes in anime episodes.

So thank you all for sharing with me (and my gf) these awesome shows. We'll definitely spread the word.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Do we have a genre? That would help more than just listing all the popular animes.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
You know i could recommend you like 25 anime that you should watch but since you only want one...

I recommend Fate/Zero:

fate_zero_anime_1st_season.jpg

Synopsis:

The War of the Holy Grail is a contest in which seven magi summon seven Heroic Spirits to compete to obtain the power of the "Holy Grail," which grants a miracle. After three inconclusive wars for the elusive Holy Grail, the Fourth War commences.

Founded by the Einzbern, Makiri, and Tohsaka families centuries ago, the Einzbern family is determined to achieve success after three successive failures, no matter the cost. As a result, they have elected to bring the hated magus killer, Kiritsugu Emiya, into their ranks, despite his methods and reputation as a skilled mercenary and a hitman who employs whatever he can use to accomplish his goals. Though Kiritsugu had once wanted to become a hero who could save everyone, he has long since abandoned this ideal upon realizing that saving one person comes at the cost of another's life. For the sake of humanity, he will ruthlessly destroy anything and anyone who threatens the peace of others.

However, Kiritsugu finds himself deeply torn between the love he has found for his new family—his wife Irisviel and their daughter Illya—and what he must do to obtain the Holy Grail. Meanwhile, Kiritsugu's greatest opponent appears in the form of Kirei Kotomine, a priest who cannot find any sense of fulfillment in his life and sets his sights on Kiritsugu as the possible answer to the emptiness he feels.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Deadman Wonderland
Or Black Butler if you prefer action done in a more elegant manner.

I have 10 more amazing anime as recommendations but these 2 I felt that eagerness after each episode/chapter if we reffer to the manga which is as always,greater.
To bad they didn't finished story in Deadman Wonderland...Like many manga based animes they ended up abruptly in the middle :(

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Agreed. Also,I hate when they start to have a different turn,way too different from where the manga is going.And it's worse when it's full of fillers :(.
Well they kept story mainly same, aside from when they cut some other deadmen from anime and ended it abruptly in the middle of manga. Very shame, since manga is over now and they could have publish it completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom