• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Relatively unpopular opinions about any and everything

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Body Positivity is only a good thing if the people who wave that flag are actually healthy. It's all very well saying "I'm fat and proud", but if you're at risk of cancer, heart attack, stroke, diabetes and goodness knows what else, why be positive about that? Why be a so-called role model and inspiration to other fat people to simply stay unhealthy because you refuse to be "fat-shamed"?

As a fat person, I don't see it as something to be celebrated. I'm unfit, I'm unhealthy and it's taking a loooooong time to rectify years of bad eating habits and little exercise, coupled with four pregnancies (one of which slapped on 5 stone to my pre-pregnancy weight). I'm not about to dress in tiny skirts and crop tops because some "influencer" (which is NOT a career and needs to stop now) tells me I can be fat and love it.

Everyone is a different size; I'm not a moron. But as unhealthy as it is to try and be the coveted size 0, it is just as unhealthy to stay at the other end of the spectrum, scream, "I'm beautiful too and I'm not changing for anyone!" whilst wondering why you cannot breathe as you walk from one room to another in your own home. If you are truly happy with the size you are, fantastic. More power to you. But to tout it as a lifestyle to be embraced when the health implications are so severe is dangerous and sends out the wrong message. I know "fat" people who are very very healthy - moreso than slimmer people. Because they take care of themselves and for whatever reason, their weight just is what it is. And that's cool and sometimes I try to kid myself that I too am just big boned or have a glandular issue or genetics or whatever (nope, just unhealthy). But it's the exception, more often than not, rather than the rule.

As with anything, it's not okay to hurl abuse at someone because they are overweight or too skinny or whatever. But as with anything, pointing out to someone that they are at risk of dying before they reach 40 because they subscribe to the view that big is beautiful is NOT a hate crime or discrimination or intolerance or anything. It's nothing to do with challenging the beauty and fashion industries to accommodate the larger person - it's everything to do with recognising that perhaps you weren't "born to be this way" and perhaps your kids/parents/friends/significant other would like to see you live another year.

My weight has left me with obstructive sleep apnoea. At its worst, I stopped breathing 36 times per hour, 8 hours a night, for over a minute at a time. That's a lot. It's not good. I am at risk of diabetes and heart disease at an early age runs in my family like a river of liquid lard (bafflingly, my blood pressure is perfect, but that could change at any time). I have Joint Hypermobility Syndrome so the stress the excess weight puts on my joints can render me in agony sometimes. So I have had to do something about it and it's taking FOREVER but I would like to live to see my kids grow up if only to ensure they all leave home for good so I can change the locks accordingly. As it stands, after almost 3 years, I am very close to no longer having OSA...but it should never have been a thing in the first place. And you don't usually know you have it - I had no idea until I was tested for something else entirely.

No one is saying someone must hate themselves and indeed that's not the point of this wall of text (I just saw an article about the body positivity movement and it wound me right up). But they should not be ignorant of the facts if they are someone who is at risk of a slew of entirely preventable medical issues or, worse, early death.

It's selfish. It's dangerous. And people are worth more than that.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
People are mad at the Doctor being revealed as the Timeless Child. I would've made them even madder by making her Tectouin(?) instead. She was the scientist who found the timeless child and experimented on it. I think having her be the scientist instead of the timeless child fits the show and the character better.

Don't get me wrong, i rather the Doctor be neither and the Master was the Timeless Child instead but if I had to pick between the two......I'd pick the scientist.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
People should accept that some racial stereotypes are true, no matter how much you dislike them, or if you consider them racist.

For example, when they say Italians eat pasta all the time. Yeah we do. What's the point in denying the truth? We just do.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Depends on what they say, this morning it was said by someone that me and my family looked poor, typical of the Irish

Because I was wearing a hoodie and tracksuit, and my wife wore Jean's and a tshirt as did my daughter

Some things are true about nationalities, but some are miles off and well just rude

But I get what you are saying , like the irish do like to drink lol

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
  • Loud House is one of the worst shows from the 2010s and is not that special or unique. Lincoln sisters are all jack asses or oblivious to his suffering and is just another show that supports female on male abuse. Lincoln ain't perfect, but he don't deseve all that crap when sisters are not much better or worse. I know the 3rd season tried to fix this, but the damage was way pass done.
  • Streets of Rage 4 is GOTY. Nothing further.
  • Ghost of Tsushima is better than nearly all of the open world games released in the 2010s. Yes, better than Spider-Man (PS4) too. Just beat Ghost last night, and was the most fun I had with an open world game in a long time.
  • Doom 4 (2016) >>>>>> Doom Eternal. Eternal suffered from repetitive game play loop and has way too much platforming. I surprised myself that I ended up disliking Eternal. I hate the tutorial pop ups. Let me figure out the boss's weakness myself and stop giving me answers driectly interrupting my game!

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I feel like one or two of these might have been repeated. But I'm too lazy to go back and check.
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is bad, a stain upon the Metal Gear franchise in fact.
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 has decent gameplay but damn do I hate all of these characters so much that it makes it a drag to play the story missions.
  • Prince of Persia (2008) > The Sands of Time trilogy.
  • Steins;Gate is overrated, Occultic;Nine is the best of the semi-colon VN series.
  • Pokémon Sword/Shield is my favourite Pokémon game (in the main series anyway).
  • Final Fantasy XV is a good game - probably my second favourite in the main series. However, I sure do hope that FF16 leans more on the "Fantasy" aspect, after both 15 and RE:7 I'm tired of the modern aesthetic.
  • And to end it off with something DMC related... I really don't care for what became of Dante starting with DMC3. I really wouldn't mind if he never came back to the main series.
  • Also the DMC anime is okay.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
As far as action games go, or games in general, Travis Touchdown is the most developed video game character ever. See how he started in No More Heroes 1, to him changing in 2, and how he almost a different person from where he started in Travis Strikes Again works. Granted, the feelings and thougths you hear from Travis are just as much Suda's thoughts as his. Still works either way. I cannot wait to see actual footage of NMH3 when getting in 2021.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Burnout Paradise is a solid open world racing game that is better than most AAA arcade racers that have come out in the 2010s. Sure, it is not as good as Takedown or Revenge, but the game is still so much fun.

Highschool of the Dead is a fan-service of typical zombie fare with not much to stand on. Once you meet and know who the core cast are, all suspense is lost, as you know whatever new people they meet, the core group will never die. Any new person they meet will die by either the cast, zombies, other new characters, or themselves. The fact that story went on without much direction proves this. It's sad the artist for the series died in 2017. There is a back up artist, but from what I heard, he is not doing much to save the series. If anything, the Onechanbara series and Lollipop Chainsaw are zombies with fan-service done right and better. Both of those have actual characters, and not just "how to draw anime" stereotypes or cut-outs. The only interesting character from HOTHD I liked was Saeko Busujima.

Speaking of zombies and fan service: Onechanbara (from Z series and up) > Lollipop Chainsaw. Gameplay wise any way. Character wise, they're all fun, but I do have a preference for Juliet. LC is just not as fun to play. It's one of the few Suda/Grasshopper studio games I don't bother going back to play anymore. I don't even have a copy anymore.

Last edited:

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Depends on what they say, this morning it was said by someone that me and my family looked poor, typical of the Irish

Because I was wearing a hoodie and tracksuit, and my wife wore Jean's and a tshirt as did my daughter

Some things are true about nationalities, but some are miles off and well just rude
Preach, like how people think Canadians are all nice and overly apologetic. I can tell you for a fact that that we have as many rude and ignorant sh!theads as anybody.

But I get what you are saying , like the irish do like to drink lol
That one is true about us as well lol.

Here's one that's been on my mind lately, mainly cause of all the horror groups I've been on lately. This may fly over some people's heads if you're not a horror fan, or at-least a Halloween fan (The slasher movie series, not the holiday) Halloween: The Curse Of Michael Myers is the worst movie in the series. I'm saying this as an unpopular opinion cause like a lot of B-Horror films, it does have it's defenders. But it really is. The theatrical cut is an uncomprehensible mess of a movie, I don't understand a thing that's going on. The producer's cut, while a better film overall, still isn't good. I hate The Cult Of Throne, I hate that entire subplot. It doesn't even make sense, okay Michael's under this curse so he had to kill his entire family. Okay, so what happens if he doesn't pull it off? He's been trying for 32 years at that point. Why'd they have him make a baby just to kill it? On that subject why did they have him impregnate his own niece? (And people call the Rob Zombie version a redneck). They stop Michael with runes? Just wth? Like say what you want about Resurrection and H2 (2009). But at least Resurrection makes me chuckle with how dumb it is, which is more entertainment I get from Curse, and in-spite of the laundry list wrong with H2 at-least I can follow it and Michael's not taking the backseat to some stupid cult.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Final Fantasy XV is a good game - probably my second favourite in the main series. However, I sure do hope that FF16 leans more on the "Fantasy" aspect, after both 15 and RE:7 I'm tired of the modern aesthetic.
I agree for the most part, except the fantasy part. There IS some fantasy in FFXV. My big issue was the framerates. I'll revisit it when it's better on PS5. Xbox Series X version is already better for those of you on the Xbox side.

Also, RE8 is going for the RE4 aesthetic. :)

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
The term "content creator" applied to streamer makes no sense. They don't create jack. They just play games. And their highlight videos on YouTube taken from their streams are more often than not edited by someone else as well.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I hate it whenever Jim Sterling or other youtubers suggest that "not paying for the actual game, but for the right to play it" has only been a thing since the rise of "live service" games.

No, it's ALWAYS been a thing. It doesn't matter if it's live service or not, digital or physical copy, you NEVER get to own a game when you buy. You buy the license for it, always have. "Game is licensed, not sold", it's literally in every EULA ever. Games are NEVER owned by you (would be quite ridiculous if they were), they are always owned by the production company that makes them. "Paying for the right to play them" is what you've always done, quit spreading the bull that it's just a "live service" games notion.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Preach, like how people think Canadians are all nice and overly apologetic. I can tell you for a fact that that we have as many rude and ignorant sh!theads as anybody.

That one is true about us as well lol.

Here's one that's been on my mind lately, mainly cause of all the horror groups I've been on lately. This may fly over some people's heads if you're not a horror fan, or at-least a Halloween fan (The slasher movie series, not the holiday) Halloween: The Curse Of Michael Myers is the worst movie in the series. I'm saying this as an unpopular opinion cause like a lot of B-Horror films, it does have it's defenders. But it really is. The theatrical cut is an uncomprehensible mess of a movie, I don't understand a thing that's going on. The producer's cut, while a better film overall, still isn't good. I hate The Cult Of Throne, I hate that entire subplot. It doesn't even make sense, okay Michael's under this curse so he had to kill his entire family. Okay, so what happens if he doesn't pull it off? He's been trying for 32 years at that point. Why'd they have him make a baby just to kill it? On that subject why did they have him impregnate his own niece? (And people call the Rob Zombie version a redneck). They stop Michael with runes? Just wth? Like say what you want about Resurrection and H2 (2009). But at least Resurrection makes me chuckle with how dumb it is, which is more entertainment I get from Curse, and in-spite of the laundry list wrong with H2 at-least I can follow it and Michael's not taking the backseat to some stupid cult.
I honestly just stop at Halloween III and end it there. The Rob Zombie films are okay, and at least better than 4-6, H20, and Ressurection. The real Halloween 4 is Trick R Treat. The anthology idea John Carpenter originally had in mind kept true in this film.

• Scott Adkins is one of the best Action Film Stars of 2010. He is up there with Tony Jaa and Iko Uwais.
  • Ninja Assassin is the best ninja movie ever made.
  • GameCube was and still is better than OG XBOX.
  • The Mishima Bloodline Storyline always sucked and was the least interesting story in fighting game history. Street Fighter had better stories going on. I know Akuma is in Tekken 7. I played the story mode.
  • Scott Pilgrim is boring to watch and get all of the references. I particularly don't care for the original comics either. The game was alright, but suffers from being too grind heavy.
  • Cover shooters are the most repetitive genre ever made.
  • Princess Mononoke >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>Ferngully>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>James Cameron's Avatar (2009).

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I honestly just stop at Halloween III and end it there. The Rob Zombie films are okay, and at least better than 4-6, H20, and Ressurection. The real Halloween 4 is Trick R Treat. The anthology idea John Carpenter originally had in mind kept true in this film.

• Scott Adkins is one of the best Action Film Stars of 2010. He is up there with Tony Jaa and Iko Uwais.
  • Ninja Assassin is the best ninja movie ever made.
  • GameCube was and still is better than OG XBOX.
  • The Mishima Bloodline Storyline always sucked and was the least interesting story in fighting game history. Street Fighter had better stories going on. I know Akuma is in Tekken 7. I played the story mode.
  • Scott Pilgrim is boring to watch and get all of the references. I particularly don't care for the original comics either. The game was alright, but suffers from being too grind heavy.
  • Cover shooters are the most repetitive genre ever made.
  • Princess Mononoke >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>Ferngully>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>James Cameron's Avatar (2009).
See for me the only bad movies in the series are Curse Of Michael Myers, Resurrection, and Rob Zombie's Halloween 2. I am aware that John Carpenter did want to make it an anthology series, and I am a fan of Trick R Treat aswell..... But that being said, I'm too much a fan of 70s/80s slasher villains (Michael Myers, Jason Voorhees, and Freddy Kruger) to say I would have preferred an anthology series to what we do have with it.

Also have you seen the 2018 film? It's a direct sequel to the original and is easily the second best movie in the series.

On the subject of horror films, and unpopular opinions. Firstly, I like the Friday The 13th and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remakes. Now the Friday The 13th remake takes aspects from the first four films of the series. Of those four Part VI is the only one I consider a better movie then the remake (Though I can name a few more in the series I prefer to both, Part VI is my favorite of the entire bunch). The Texas Chainsaw Massacre on the other hand? The remake's actually my favorite movie in the series, can't help it. It was one of my first horror films and I loved it, and imo the original Texas Chainsaw hasn't aged as well.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Also have you seen the 2018 film? It's a direct sequel to the original and is easily the second best movie in the series.
I saw it in theaters, and while it is better than most of the sequels, it's essentially a remake with an older Laurie. I've still have yet to buy it on Blu Ray. The fact they are filming two sequels back to back to the 2018 film are not helping. The fact that it is called Halloween makes talking about which film even more confusing and annoying in actual conversation. I like slashers too, but I've gotten tired of them over the years. I still enjoy Nightmare and F13th franchises, but I always prefer more creative horror films. Especially nowadays. The F13th remake I like and is essentially an abridged version of parts I-IV. Definitely better than Part V, VIII, Jason Goes To Hell, and Jason X. Though its problem, similar to the Nightmare remake is that there are too many jump scares. The Texas Chainsaw Remake is good, because it at least tried something different and genuine scary moments. Your opinion on the The Texas Remake is not that unpopular. It would have been back then to purists (or Moviebob who almost hates anything having to do with Michael Bay or Platinum Dunes), but film still did great in the numbers and DVD sales.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Not every brawler needs RPG, "skill point", or DMC upgrade elements. It does not automatically make it good nor does it give a game depth or replay value. Thankfully, small or indie developers learned and proved early on how stupid this is and avoided such design choices. Proving how gaming critics and anti-brawler fans are full of ****.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
The Supreme Court stopping a limit on how many can mix in religious services before Thanksgiving.

What a bunch of morons.

Only thing dumber is Bojo giving us Brits 5 days over Christmas to spread cheer and covid to everyone across the country.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Writing my thesis (and figuring a way to get a good grade even though this is LATE for the deadline :LOL:) made me come up with some ideas. Happy to share them.

1. There is no actual difference between manipulation and influencing opinions. The former is just used when the intention behind the usage is negative and/or insulting (argumentum ad hominem), whereas the latter is used more in regard to politics, demonstrations and news.

2. The judgment of an action should not be the name used of it, rather it should be judged by what is that action used for. Use your skills for evil -> not good. Use them for the good cause, in a morally appropriate way and preferably without hurting anyone -> acceptable. The same applies to pretty much everything in this world.

3. Therefore, I am happy to state I've got the ability to influence people's opinions, and I am also very happy to use it if it serves a justified and good purpose.
Or getting an A.

I'm not sure if this would be a good election slogan though.

Top Bottom