• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Relatively unpopular opinions about any and everything

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
I still like FMA (2003), but my main problem was the plot twist (the alternate world where to go to our universe was an ass pull), the ending, and the Shamballa film. I prefer Brotherhood, but I do thank 2003 to introducing me to FMA. It does not help there were some changes I did not like knowing after the fact, and there were some original characters for the show I just did not like. Thankfully, those unlikeable OCs are either in early episode and are bit parts or when the show started off rough and was mainly episodic. I do love how they handled Scar in the 2003 version, though both characters are well written no matter the version. Even in high school I could tell the 2003 show was going in a different direction than the manga, and I had barely even touched the manga, when the first show got to the halfway point. Still fun ride, but I rarely ever revisit the 2003 series again. I do recommend this retrospective series. Dude is a big fan of both and a good amount of his views will line up with yours.

I also prefer Brotherhood, but I am really happy I watched the 2003 show first. A lot of those early moments had more time to breath and hit harder than I think they would have if I had only watched Brotherhood. I also wasn't a fan of how the ending for the 03 series shook out.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I still like FMA (2003), but my main problem was the plot twist (the alternate world where to go to our universe was an ass pull), the ending, and the Shamballa film. I prefer Brotherhood, but I do thank 2003 to introducing me to FMA. It does not help there were some changes I did not like knowing after the fact, and there were some original characters for the show I just did not like. Thankfully, those unlikeable OCs are either in early episode and are bit parts or when the show started off rough and was mainly episodic. I do love how they handled Scar in the 2003 version, though both characters are well written no matter the version. Even in high school I could tell the 2003 show was going in a different direction than the manga, and I had barely even touched the manga, when the first show got to the halfway point. Still fun ride, but I rarely ever revisit the 2003 series again. I do recommend this retrospective series. Dude is a big fan of both and a good amount of his views will line up with yours.

I didn't mind the twist myself. I'm fascinated by alternate universes etc. I was hoping the series would become a war of two worlds style story. They said they wanted to do another season set in 1930s but that was scrapped and retooled into Shamballa.

I'm usually more experimental than most fans. So fillers or changes aren't instantly bad to me. They usually have to try extra hard to screw up. And unfortunately most go the distance.

But I get what you mean.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Huge BLM protests last year in major UK cities? Police allow it.

A woman is abducted and murdered by a member of the police force and people want to hold a vigil? Arrestable offence.

Uh huh.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I dislike the reveal that Ichigo was half-shinigami/ quincy. I don't think the change adds anything of value to him. I just feel like he was a stronger character when he was an everyman.

The Aizen Saga was fine but it went on for too long and lost what it was trying to say. If it was shorter and more focused I would've preferred it.

Although Hunter X Hunter did the Aizen Saga better with the Chimera Ants Saga. Or they had similar problems but Togashi managed it better than Kubo did. One Piece is the same way.

To me, Ichigo would've benefited more from an episodic storyline. Something more like JOJO part 4: diamond is unbreakable would've suited him and his friends better.

I don't mind the anime fillers. I think they are fun and a nice change of pace from the Aizen Saga. They didn't fix the issues of the manga which is a shame. That 1 year gap between Soul Society and the start of the Aizen Saga could've helped with a lot. Like if you wanted Ichigo and Orihime to be the Endgame ship.....now would've been a good time to build that up.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I dislike the reveal that Ichigo was half-shinigami/ quincy. I don't think the change adds anything of value to him. I just feel like he was a stronger character when he was an everyman.

The Aizen Saga was fine but it went on for too long and lost what it was trying to say. If it was shorter and more focused I would've preferred it.
It's why I dropped Bleach after the Rescue Rukia Arc. I called it with the filler episodes and arcs that drag on for way too long.

Shorter anime and lengthy anime with strutured characters and plot. > long ass (shounen) anime where ideas are wasted or go nowhere.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Despite liking the series Naruto, I was never that big a fan of Naruto the lead character. In fact I actually saw the lead trio as the weak link. They started to feel toxic and dysfunctional as I got older.

Hell I think they were better off being separated.

Once Sasuke forms team Snake and Sai joins Team 7 both sets of characters feels better off. Hell Sakura improves once she's with Chiyo. Sakura is more of a side character than Hinata. If I had to rewrite Naruto, I'd swap Sakura with Hinata. Team 8 feels like a better fit for her.

Which is why I give Boruto a lot more slack. He and Sarada feels like improvements over their parents. Although I think the Boruto anime should've started with a timeskip. The movie resolves his goal so he needs to get a new one. Going backwards was a mistake.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
From Software games are stale. I already hate Dark Souls as it is, but even if I didn't, I'd still be rolling my eyes at this Elden Ring trailer. I already know it's just gonna be yet another reskinned DS. They have 0 incentive to not continuing to redo that formula over and over and over and over again cause the almost entirety of the gaming community can't unlatch their lips from From Software's schlongadong every single time they come up with a "new" game.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Look. I know it's a big thing that Finland is, for the first time ever, in the European Championships in soccer. For some people it's a dream come true. I completely understand the hassle and I'm gonna watch tonight's match as well.

But that before the match, in Finnish state broadcasting channel, they are really really REALLY playing Finlandia hymn, which is for historical reasons essentially a bigger thing than our national anthem*... That's ridiculous, IMO.

(* And not only because our national hymn is Estonia's national hymn as well.)

// Ok so forget about this... Nothing is ridiculous after this match. ._.
Would be the right time to play the national anthem of Denmark atm...

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Admin
Look. I know it's a big thing that Finland is, for the first time ever, in the European Championships in soccer. For some people it's a dream come true. I completely understand the hassle and I'm gonna watch tonight's match as well.

But that before the match, in Finnish state broadcasting channel, they are really really REALLY playing Finlandia hymn, which is for historical reasons essentially a bigger thing than our national anthem*... That's ridiculous, IMO.

(* And not only because our national hymn is Estonia's national hymn as well.)

// Ok so forget about this... Nothing is ridiculous after this match. ._.
Would be the right time to play the national anthem of Denmark atm...

Awful scenes in that match and really harrowing but heard Christian Eriksen is stable in hospital and awake so hopefully he’s on the road to recovery.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Awful scenes in that match and really harrowing but heard Christian Eriksen is stable in hospital and awake so hopefully he’s on the road to recovery.
Yeah, heard that too! And they continued the match after the good news. According to the media, it was Eriksen's own wish as well.

It was a horrible moment. They were resuscitating him, so me, my husband, and I guess a majority of everyone else watching the match around the world thought he was already... well, gone.

It was heart-warming to see how both teams and the audience on both sides were supporting each other. You just don't see that kind of empathy in e.g. ice hockey.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I feel like I'm the only person in the world who genuinely likes RE3:Remake. :(
You silly, you're never the only one. The RE3 remake has plenty of its defenders. I will admit that it sucks they took out the live selection system, as that was the best part of RE3. They're definitely could have been a bit more Nemesis too. I don't miss the clock tower section. I never liked it in the original. I'll say something even more unpopular: RE3R is better than RE4, RE5, RE6, RE7, and RE8. Don't let spoiled loud mouths on the internet fool you. While some of them have legit points, others were expecting the earth, moon, and sun.

Despite liking the series Naruto, I was never that big a fan of Naruto the lead character. In fact I actually saw the lead trio as the weak link. They started to feel toxic and dysfunctional as I got older.

Hell I think they were better off being separated.

Once Sasuke forms team Snake and Sai joins Team 7 both sets of characters feels better off. Hell Sakura improves once she's with Chiyo. Sakura is more of a side character than Hinata. If I had to rewrite Naruto, I'd swap Sakura with Hinata. Team 8 feels like a better fit for her.

Which is why I give Boruto a lot more slack. He and Sarada feels like improvements over their parents. Although I think the Boruto anime should've started with a timeskip. The movie resolves his goal so he needs to get a new one. Going backwards was a mistake.
Sasuke was always a problem child of the series and he was troubles since the very beginning. Sakura I never liked all that much either with some exceptions, or if she was written better by fanfic writers. Hinata I always prefer over Sakura, because she had legit character development. Naruto himself I exactly didn't have a problem with it, but he's basic compared to a lot of the side characters and comes off as another I want to be number one/the best/king/whatever which was already a tired trope in shounen, let alone anime. Boruto I have zero interest in. What does not help is that from what I seen, he starts off as a spoiled brat and it's too hard on Naruto. Also, he is very disrespectful.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@BrawlMan I don't get what you're saying about Hinata. I think there are some words missing from your post. Do you mind retyping that part?

I found myself becoming more annoyed at Goku-esque main characters. Their antics become harder to like as I got older.

Some of that is cultural differences etc so it's an acquired taste. I could take it or leave it but it's more of a leave the older I got.

Naruto just felt more believable as a side character in Boruto than as a protagonist in the main series. In the main series he felt like a childish cariacture that quickily got boring. I could respect him from time to time but I quickly got bored of him. He felt out of place in the war is hell themes shippuden was exploring.

Boruto and Sawada just felt more believable as kids than their parents to me. Their issues felt less over the top so it's easier to give them a pass.

Sakura is just wasted potential as a character. Nami from One Piece is Sakura done better. Unlike Sakura, she gets more development as a character. She had a more fleshed out backstory, motivations fighting style, character arc. Plus she's not saddled with a poorly handled romance so she gets more opportunities to shine.

Which is why I rather swap her out for Ino or Hinata. They just have more to work with. Sakura should've just been a side character.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
@BrawlMan I don't get what you're saying about Hinata. I think there are some words missing from your post. Do you mind retyping that part?
My bad, google speak messed up and I did not check. It's fixed. Point being. Hinata > Sakura.

I found myself becoming more annoyed at Goku-esque main characters. Their antics become harder to like as I got older.
Thar's biggest problem with most shounen. Too many Goku clones.

Naruto just felt more believable as a side character in Boruto than as a protagonist in the main series. In the main series he felt like a childish cariacture that quickily got boring. I could respect him from time to time but I quickly got bored of him. He felt out of place in the war is hell themes shippuden was exploring.

Boruto and Sawada just felt more believable as kids than their parents to me. Their issues felt less over the top so it's easier to give them a pass.
Understandable, but I have no interests in either. I do find Sawada somewhat interesting design wise.

Sakura is just wasted potential as a character. Nami from One Piece is Sakura done better. Unlike Sakura, she gets more development as a character. She had a more fleshed out backstory, motivations fighting style, character arc. Plus she's not saddled with a poorly handled romance so she gets more opportunities to shine.
There are many female characters better than Sakura, no matter the side of pacific you're on. Katara is better written than Sakura and Nami for me personally. Nothing against Nami BTW. I did get bored with One Piece and stopped caring around 2008.

Which is why I rather swap her out for Ino or Hinata.
Hinata!

They just have more to work with. Sakura should've just been a side character.
I consider her and Sasuke garbage tier characters. With Sasuke being ultra garbage. I rather he did not exist. His character was done better in Shaman King with Ren Tao.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
i think pizza is disgusting, don't kill me lol

qPF5A3.gif

Top Bottom