• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Relatively unpopular opinions about any and everything

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Did anyone else like the Ready Player One movie?
I know the readers will say 'read the book first', but instead I saw the movie, and... can't say I liked it. The only thing impressive was the graphics, but it felt so much like a massive crossover fan fiction that it hurt. Plot was thin, the protagonist and Artemis's relationship just seemed like it was forced, and the bad guy--oh, the BAD GUY--was just so mediocre. Writing his password right next to his machine... glorious. Incredible. I have no words, lol.
I've never read the book(s), so this would have been the first time I've consumed the story. I liked it, and the "crossover" thing was cool too. My gripe with the film is that it's a bit cheesy in some places, like that whole love story in 3D (though, it makes sense if you stay to watch longer). I didn't like the alien popping out of Goro, it felt jarring to me (again, though, it was supposed to do something). My only pickle with the movie is the ending. At that point, the first thing out of my mouth was "That's it!?" So, we spent the whole hour trying to consume a story, only to find out that the point of the game is to legally be C.E.O. of the company?
Honestly I prefer the gameplay of Zone of the Enders over its sequel. This gets me a lot of flak online.
Wat?

You liked the gameplay of ZOE over Second Runner? ZOE is a good game, don't get me wrong... but I feel like the controls got better in Second Runner. Especially if you practice a lot. That ending was the best final boss battle I've ever had the pleasure of playing. I mean, ddddddaaaamn. You fight Anubis.

IN SPACE.

My god, goosebunps, man. It wouldn't have worked if the controls weren't fleshed out as it was in Second Runner.
I don’t get all the fuss with Fortnite. It’s like everyone is crazy about it and I really don’t get what the craze is all about.
I agree. I get what it's targeting, but I don't get why it's popular. Fortnite has that superhero itch going for it. If you took away the "Fortnite" branding and try to replace it with something else, it would be any comic book universe. Marvel? Fits right in. DC comics? Fits right in. Hellboy? Spawn? They all fit. right. in.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Not really controversial but V looks more like Ezra Miller than Adam driver.

I don't like Nico, she's super tacky. Making her both Agnus's daughter and Nell Goldstein's granddaughter feels like overkill.

KH would have been better off if it did more standalone stories than trying to make Xehanort the source of everyone's problems.

Once you watch Daredevil you can't go back and watch Arrow.

Man of Steel took a lot of its cues from Smallville. Thats fine but Smallville worked because it was a tv show about a teenage Clark kent. Trying to do the same thing when he's a grown man is shortsighted. Heck even smallville hit a roadblock in the later half when he's out of school.

The Webb/Garfield Spiderman would have worked better if they pitched him as a college kid trying to reinvent himself.

I liked how the Peter-Flash dynamic was handled and it set up his rejection of Uncle Ben's great quote. He stands up to a bully but is in trouble for it- no wonder he decides screw you to responsibility.

The MCU Spidey is fine but feels too Robin for my tastes. Them using Garfield Spidey would have been more like classic Spidey-who was more of a loner.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
@Carlos

I should clarify. I was really tired when I wrote that. I like the open endedness of it, and how it was semi-open world, with secrets to find. Also, i might just suck, but I find the sequel to be incredibly unforgiving in the difficulty department.

DarkSlayerVergil

Not really controversial but V looks more like Ezra Miller than Adam driver.
Funny all I've been hearing is the love child of Kylo Ren and Noctis.

I don't like Nico, she's super tacky. Making her both Agnus's daughter and Nell Goldstein's granddaughter feels like overkill.
Is this really a unpopular opinion though? I mean most people already didn't take a liking to her when she was shown in the e3 trailer and the new art-style didn't help as most fans hated that Nico with the rest of the cast didn't look "animoo" enough plus people didn't enjoy her humor. I kinda of like her tbh but for some reason my opinions are almost always in the minority.:D:D:D

Man of Steel took a lot of its cues from Smallville. Thats fine but Smallville worked because it was a tv show about a teenage Clark kent. Trying to do the same thing when he's a grown man is shortsighted. Heck even smallville hit a roadblock in the later half when he's out of school.
Honestly MoS biggest problem imo was that it was too dark for a Superman movie like I don't mind a Superman story having dark under-tones or themes but it felt like I was watching a batman movie if anything else.

The Webb/Garfield Spiderman would have worked better if they pitched him as a college kid trying to reinvent himself.
This right here as well as I felt Garfield looked way to cool as Peter Parker imho having him be a college student would of solved most of these problems.

I liked how the Peter-Flash dynamic was handled and it set up his rejection of Uncle Ben's great quote. He stands up to a bully but is in trouble for it- no wonder he decides screw you to responsibility.
Hmmmmmm this makes me want to go see Home-coming now.

The MCU Spidey is fine but feels too Robin for my tastes. Them using Garfield Spidey would have been more like classic Spidey-who was more of a loner.
I can understand this as Peter's comes off more as Tonys side-kick than anyrhing.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Ready Player One I always found just to be okay. Not good, not bad, just decent. It's definitely a fun film, and the closest you're going to get to a Tron sequel. Nico I never had a problem with and I'm liking her already. She still better than Patty.

Last edited:

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Idk what it is with bullies in movies but it seems like the writers are stuck in the 90's when it comes to portrayal of them in movies. In almost every movie i've seen they're portrayed as dimensional cartoony douchebags. Its a little hard to buy the scenario when the bully is so unrealistic. All kinds of Bullying stems from some kind of insecurity and to make a believable bully character you have to show that insecurity to make the audience understand why he's bullying rather than just "he's just a mean kid".

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
@Carlos

I should clarify. I was really tired when I wrote that. I like the open endedness of it, and how it was semi-open world, with secrets to find. Also, i might just suck, but I find the sequel to be incredibly unforgiving in the difficulty department.
Even that's not a good opinion, either. Second Runner definitely cranked up the difficulty, but it's not as difficult as you make it out to be. The only time when I thought the game was hard, it was that boss where you had to hold the orbital frame, and try to infect it with a virus. You had to time each grab and hold until she dies.

The rest of the game...? It's the epitome of the very best mech game you will ever play. Nothing touches ZOE/Second Runner in that department, but that's what you get from working with Hideo Kojima.
Not quite. Smallville worked because the writers and producers had more freedom to do whatever interpretation of Superman they wanted. From my view, I liked Smallville because it casts Clark Kent in a whole different light, than the films. The interpretation of Kent was this teenager who genuinely cared about human life, and wanted to save the world from impending threats. However, most Superman films worry too much about impressing people with how powerful Superman really is. Smallville takes the writing and forgets about Superman as this superhero. The writers genuinely wanted to have their own interpretation of Superman, and far removed from the "over-the-top" style of Superman including Man of Steel. MoS does take some cues from Smallville, but only in small doses. They needed to put it all over the film, otherwise Man of Steel or similar interpretations of Superman will feel... forced.

For example: In Smallville, Kent has many "loves," and not your typical Louis & Kent storyline. 90% of the time Superman is needed, Kent doesn't need to be there and just goes. Pffft! Nobody even notices that Kent is there or realizes that he was there. Which doesn't create plot holes a lot of times. This is the actual problem with most Superman films. In Smallville, Lois doesn't realize that Kent left, and when she does, she doesn't even ask. This is true with that "Supergirl" show. Most of the people that work with her already knows who she is, and she isn't afraid that they will betray her trust. Not even the C.E.O of the publication that Supergirl works and writes for. On the flipcoin, if Superman confides into the EIC of the publication, he will rip him a new one. (Kinda like the relationship between Parker and the EIC of the publication he works for.)

I just think Supergirl and Smallville are both well done. I just wish DC drops their act and just allows those writers/producers to do the films.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Honestly MoS biggest problem imo was that it was too dark for a Superman movie like I don't mind a Superman story having dark under-tones or themes but it felt like I was watching a batman movie if anything else.
Okay, this I can attest to.

MoS wasn't dark in a narrative perspective. It was just considered dark because of the color palate. If it was more saturated, it would probably resonate with people as a pure Superman story like its comics, however, this was suppose to be a Superman that kick starts a grounded universe, so that was what we got; a grounded Superman.
Plus they wanted Superman to start off in a darker place so that his actions and heroics would bring a more hopeful tone to the DCEU, but WB decided to rush it with Justice League and ruined the growing narrative.

In fact the only 'dark' movie in the DCEU is currently BvS.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Okay, this I can attest to.

MoS wasn't dark in a narrative perspective. It was just considered dark because of the color palate. If it was more saturated, it would probably resonate with people as a pure Superman story like its comics, however, this was suppose to be a Superman that kick starts a grounded universe, so that was what we got; a grounded Superman.
Plus they wanted Superman to start off in a darker place so that his actions and heroics would bring a more hopeful tone to the DCEU, but WB decided to rush it with Justice League and ruined the growing narrative.

In fact the only 'dark' movie in the DCEU is currently BvS.
Color palette aside, I never got the major hate for MoS from the critic/Internet critic side of things. Most of their arguments boiled down to "This isn't the Superman I grew up with!" or "it's too much like Batman". The worst ones were those hating on it to sound cool, rebellious, or gain street cred from the peers. AKA Movie Bob , The Honest Trailer Guys, Nostalgia Critics (most of the Channel Awesome in general) and Cinema Sins. The first two can especially go f#ck themselves.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Color palette aside, I never got the major hate for MoS from the critic/Internet critic side of things. Most of their agruements boiled down to "This isn't the Superman I grew up with!" or "it's too much like Batman". The worst ones were those hating on it to sound cool or rebellios, or gain street cred from the peers. AKA Movie Bob , The Honest Trailer Guys, Nostalgia Critics (most of the Channel Awesome in general) and Cinema Sin. The first two can especially go f#ck themselves.
Essentially it all boils down to 'It's not Christopher Reeves!Superman.' Most Superman media takes all their inspiration from the Christopher Reeve films and anything that deviates is considered anti-Superman to them.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
-I find the Harry Potter series extremely lame. I don't see the appeal. I mean yeah I can see the appeal of the wizarding world but the story and (most of the) characters are all dull and Harry is the ache-typical chosen one trope that I absolutely hate. Now I dont hate characters like Neo and Luke Skywalker because those are interesting take on the trope and its highly debatable if they're the Chosen Ones of the story.
-Most MCU movies are pretty subpar.
-Infinity War is pretty overrated. Lets be real here if it wasn't for the ending we wouldn't be praising it so much. It has a lot of flaws and writing issues.
-Black Panther gets too much hate (online)
-Black Panther gets too much praise. If you shower the movie and director with praise he or they won't hear the criticisms (and actual flaws in their film) and how do you expect them to improve for the sequel(s).
-DMC2 isn't a bad game. Or it isn't that bad. Its better than a lot of action games when you think about it.
-DMC1 isn't as good as we remember nor does not hold up at all today and honestly has the worst story in the series.
-DMC1 Dante is pretty overrated and a very basic (and forgettable) action hero. RE4 Leon did that way better. He is also kind of an idiot and a momma's boy.
-"I SHOULD'VE BEEN THE ONE TO FILL YOUR DARK SOUL WITH LIIIIIIIIGHT" - Is the lowest point in Dante's career.
-SMT3 did DMC2 Dante better than DMC2 did and that version of DMC2 Dante is way cooler than DMC1 Dante.
-Platinum Games are NOT the kings of action games.
-Bayonetta is overrated. Bayo 2 is not much better though.
-People like to **** on DMC's writing but Bayonetta is even dumber and with just 2 games has ****ed its own lore and logic far worst than DMC ever could with 4 games, 3 novels, 1 manga, a season of anime, and some drama CDs.
-Kamiya can't write a decent story if you held him at gun point. He only ever (with the slight exception of Okami) produces Z tier schlock with somewhat like able characters.....barely. Viewtiful Joe is the apex of Kamiya writing. Fun games though.
-Scalebound didn't look that interesting. I'm not happy it was cancelled but I don't care it was.
-Anarchy Reigns deserve more credit than it is due. It is still the best 3d arena brawler I ever played or heard of.
-Anarchy Reigns has the best story for a PG game...once you remove MGR and Nier Automata (which dont count since those were collaborations and the writers were outside of PG).
-Naruto/Boruto needs to die already
-My Hero Academia is overrated as hell. It suffers from the same problems Naruto suffered from (bloated cast, underdeveloped side characters, even more useless female characters) and even worst they keep shafting the best and most popular character (Bakugo) for some reason.
-Bakugo should be the main character. **** Deku.
-I don't like him but America DESERVE Trump as their president. It finally highlights to the rest of the world America ain't **** and the true nature of plenty "Americans".
-Red Dead Redemption 2 is overrated and not a very good GAME.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
-DMC2 isn't a bad game. Or it isn't that bad. Its better than a lot of action games when you think about it.

This is where I majorly disagree. Dante only had three weapons that differ in strength or speed and had the exact same move set. DMC2 isn't the worst game (in the case non-glitchy/bug-ridden), but the game could have definitely been better in a lot of areas. Too easy (even on DMD, it's more tedious than hard), boring enemies, environments are too spacious and wide, Arius is a complete joke, bland bosses aside from Bolverk and the Despair Embodied, the worst style system out of all games, and nerfed the hell out of Stinger. The only good things are Lucia (it's her story), Trish (who plays more like DMC1 Dante), the amulet system, and the soundtrack.

If we're talking strictly single-player action games that focus brawling/weapon melee combat, there a lot of games in 2003 that already beat it. 2d or 3d. Even games outside the genre are more fun to play or are more entertaining from that year.

• Chaos Legion - A Dynasty Warriors style game based off a series of light novels. Sure, you only get one weapon, but you get multiple summons that act as weapons and more so. Too grindy for my type of game, but I'd have more fun with that than 2.
  • Castlevania: Lament of Innocence - Nuff said. I played it, and enjoyed it more than 2.
  • Prince of Persia - Sands of Time - PoP may not have the most combat depth, but it's got more going for in terms of story, character, and level design. Still one of my favorites.
  • Dynasty Warriors 4 - I was never the biggest fan of the series, but even I could tell it had a huge lead over DMC2.
  • Viewtiful Joe - That was a better DMC game than 2. Especially if you played the PS2 version that had Dante in it or played as Alastor if you unlocked him in either versions. VJ was something Capcom needed after screwing over Hideki and his crew.
  • Double Dragon Advance - A fun, old-school, co-op brawler. It's an arcade brawler at heart, and knew what it was doing.
  • Otogi: Myth of Demons - From Softwares take on th Stylish Action genre. Unique with its use of Japanese lore and soundtrack. It's a shame I never got an original XBOX.

Hell, even games before DMC2, like the first Gungrave, or Shinobi (PS2) have more depth to them, because they kept things simple. Easy to learn, hard to master. At heart, they're arcade games made for consoles. I disliked Shinobi tough; way too hard. I do not know what Sega was thinking with the lack of checkpoints and the near impossible platforming. And then Ninja Gaiden (2004) happened, and that MOTIVATED Capcom, to get the series back on track, at the time.

-Platinum Games are NOT the kings of action games.
-Bayonetta is overrated. Bayo 2 is not much better though.
-People like to **** on DMC's writing but Bayonetta is even dumber and with just 2 games has ****ed its own lore and logic far worst than DMC ever could with 4 games, 3 novels, 1 manga, a season of anime, and some drama CDs.
-Kamiya can't write a decent story if you held him at gun point. He only ever (with the slight exception of Okami) produces Z tier schlock with somewhat like able characters.....barely. Viewtiful Joe is the apex of Kamiya writing. Fun games though.
-Scalebound didn't look that interesting. I'm not happy it was cancelled but I don't care it was.
-Anarchy Reigns deserve more credit than it is due. It is still the best 3d arena brawler I ever played or heard of.
-Anarchy Reigns has the best story for a PG game...once you remove MGR and Nier Automata (which dont count since those were collaborations and the writers were outside of PG).

While I somewhat agree with Platinum not being the KING of action games, they are the most unique and no one has ever topped their way of doing things differently. Plus, they're usually at the top of their craft. Bayonetta deserved the praise it got, but the game has it's problems: mainly, the QTEs. I hate them so much. And the lack of witch time on Infinite climax. Besides, none of the Clover/Platinum's games are perfect. I'd still say, Mad World has the best story, if you don't count MGR or Nier:A. I like Anarchy Reigns, but it's story felt bare bones at time. The characters and the killer soundtrack is what kept me going. What killed Anarchy was Sega pussing out on releasing it in America, due to fear of it not selling well. Which did them in, and the focus of MP. The single-player itself is a bare bones tutorial mode.

Hideki Kamiya himself admitted, along with Shinji Mikami, they're more about game design/gameplay first, story second or third. In Kamiya's case, Rule of Cool usually applies. Your opinion of his storytelling is actually of the norm.

Scalebound would have been fine, had Microsoft not interfered. If it was on PS4, Sony would have given Kamiya way more leeway to do whatever he wanted.

Agreed.

-My Hero Academia is overrated as hell. It suffers from the same problems Naruto suffered from (bloated cast, underdeveloped side characters, even more useless female characters) and even worst they keep shafting the best and most popular character (Bakugo) for some reason.

Honestly, if Bakugo were the main protagonist, I'd drop the series after the first two episodes. Say what you will about characters like Yusuke Urameshi, or Genre Starwind, they never told those less fortunate than them to go kill themselves. And no, I don't care if it's case of characterization marches on or early installment weirdness. F@ck that winy bitch.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Amy and Clara are better than Rose.

I enjoyed the Hybrid/Clara plot of season 9 but Clara getting her own Tardis was a step too far.

I don't mind DmC Dante being half-angel. Him rejecting Angels and Demons for humans would have been a good arc but they screwed up by not delving into angels during the game.

I'm ok with Dante or Vergil having a kid.

I prefer Enzo to Morrison as Dante's information broker.

Honestly I'm not on the CW bandwagon and I'm cool with them not doing the DC movies. They technically did a movie called Green Lantern and it didn't end well.

Iron Fist needs Luke Cage more than Luke Cage needs him.

Last edited:

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
-Most MCU movies are pretty subpar.
-Infinity War is pretty overrated. Lets be real here if it wasn't for the ending we wouldn't be praising it so much. It has a lot of flaws and writing issues.
-Black Panther gets too much hate (online)
-Black Panther gets too much praise. If you shower the movie and director with praise he or they won't hear the criticisms (and actual flaws in their film) and how do you expect them to improve for the sequel(s).

Phew, these are some interesting opinions!
Honestly speaking, I would agree that the MCU movies aren't bad, but neither are they terribly good. The thing about them is that they mostly always pull off the simplest and most effective means of storytelling, which leads to a movie you're not disappointed with but aren't impressed with either. They're just fun watches, and makes it apparent that if you want more content and lore, consult the comics.

As someone who lives in Africa, Black Panther was a much-needed film in this industry because it puts Africa on the world map which to a shocking number of people, doesn't exist. I can't tell you how many times people on the net assume we're living in the jungle here. Not to mention it was uplifting that the cast was majority African and stuck to these roots, even going so far as to incorporating legitimate languages that people here can understand and relate to. Too many movies have alien invasions and disasters happening in North America, Europe, or Japan first because of the directors/screenwriters bias. But for once, it happened in Africa. And for once, we didn't need to ask, 'why can't they make something big happen in Africa first?'

Not gonna argue about the Naruto/Boruto point because I agree fully. Kill it off already.

Personally not a fan of Bakugo. Not a fan of Midoriya either, or Todoroki. I like them, but that's about it. Again, like the MCU movies, this show pulls off a lot of basic narrative and character establishing-techniques well enough to draw people in and make it good. But there's a lot lacking and more could certainly be done with it to set it apart, though I've given up towards the end of season 2 because of what happens to Stain. I want more Stain because he's worlds different from the entire cast thus far and I'm interested in his ideology. And if the show isn't going to give me more of him, then count me out until it does. I'll just stick to my OP Man.

I don't get the constant hype for a Bloodborne sequel. The first game established itself and ended well enough, so why are people always jumping at the slightest suggestion of there being a sequel in anything from From Software? I get a lot of people enjoyed it, but some things are better left alone once they're over to preserve the glory.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Titans is better at being a Dick Grayson show with the occasional guest star than being a TT show.

Dick grayson's best moments was when he was Batman or Agent 37 of Spyral. Nightwing feels like underemployment.

Jessica Jones was a teen superhero in the comics and that might have helped her in the show.

Luke Cage and Iron Fist dont really fit the grounded tone as well as DD/JJ. Granted they did a better job with finding a middle ground with Luke cage. Iron fist just feels like a less interesting Daredevil.

Iron fist might have been better off joining Daredevil as his Robin before getting his own show.

Luke cage is probably easier to fold into DD or JJ. Instead Iron fist should join Agents OF SHIELD.

Marvel/DC Legacy characters need to be rethought. This whole mini-me/understudy approach isn't cutting it.

Arrow had a lot of good ideas but it felt more like a Chris Nolan Batman fanfic than a green arrow revamp. The Flash handled this better as it didnt feel as much in spiderman/superman's shadow as Arrow does Batman.

Iris and Barry have chemistry but you never felt the necessity for them together. He was honestly fine with Patty and Linda. Iris never felt like the show knew what to do with her.

I didn't need Sarah Lance to come back.

To me Constantine was held back because it was taking too long. The actors kept referencing story arcs from the comics that they wanted to do and you wish they just got to do them. Having Zed deal with her past in the Resurection Crusade is more compelling than whatever the darkness was gonna be.

The Ant-man films would have been better off being about the Wasp.

I'm not sure they should have used Scarlet witch or quicksilver right away because its harder to use their connection with magneto.

I dont think Iron man 2 should have happened before Phase 2. Same with DD season 2 before Defenders.

Agent of SHIELD never found its own corner of the MCU to use like the Netflix shows.

Last edited:

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Okay, here we go. Well X-Men: The Last Stand isn't really that bad, it's not great, but honestly I liked it. That being said, my opinion of the X-Men movies overall is pretty mixed. They do have some individual films I think are fantastic (X2, Days of Future Past, the Deadpool movies, and Logan are among some of my favorite comic book movies. First Class is also great but not one of my favorites. X-Men 1, The Last Stand, The Wolverine are also pretty decent. Apocalypse wasn't bad, and Origins Wolverine, crappy Weapon XI aside, is a guilty pleasure movie for me) the problem I have is that the series doesn't really flow and is riddled with continuity errors. Even if you do take the fact there's 2 timelines into account.

Few examples: In X-Men Professor X says he met Magneto when he was 17. First Class showed they met when they were in their 30s. On the subject of First Class, Emma Frost is a member of Shaw's group of Mutants in the 60's, but almost two decades later she's the teenage sister of Wolverine's girlfriend? Speaking of Origins Wolverine. Wolverine and his brother Sabretooth fought in the Vietnam war....Why is Wolverine back in the States and where is his brother? Also wasn't Mystique the one who saved Wolverine at the end of Days of Future Past? How did Stryker get him? Also didn't Professor X AND Magneto meet Jean to bring her to the school? First Class showed they became enemies long before Jean came into the picture

Just to name a few, the series has some individual movies I love. But all these keep me loving the series overall the way I love The Dark Knight Trilogy, The MCU, or Star Wars.

Speaking of Star Wars, now I don't wanna get into too many details, but I wanna bring up The Last Jedi. Not trying to argue over whether the movie is good or not. But I do wanna say I believe fan theories did indeed hurt the film. People wanted certain twists and when they didn't happen. They got angry. Don't believe me? People were cool with the idea of dark side Luke in TFA, there was even a popular theory that Kylo Ren was Luke. A lot of people showed they liked the idea of Luke turning evil. Now TLJ showed us a broken Luke, who'd let one momentary lapse of judgement, one fearful reaction cause the collapse of everything he'd worked for. But that was a bigger betrayal to his character then outright turning evil? Just my 2 cents.

Not sure how unpopular opinion this is, I'm about to compare a manga to an anime adaptation. But when the Carnage vs Lucy Death Battle came out, I watched the Elfen Lied anime to just find out who the hell Lucy was (I didn't wanna be in the same boat I was when I watched Guts vs Nightmare again, at the time I was on team Nightmare just cause I didn't know who Guts was at the time) So I watched the anime, and just cause I heard manga Lucy was more powerful and the anime (Which had a different ending) only told about half the story, I read the manga. So again, I'm not sure how much, but I'm about say I preferred something about an anime over the manga, so this is bound to be unpopular with someone, I preferred the anime's conclusion over the manga. I just feel like after all the crap she had to go through, Lucy deserved a happy ending, and the anime, though we don't actually see the reunion, highly implies she got to go back and be happy with the guy she liked. The only aspect I don't like is the fact the Director is still active at the end of the anime, but Kurama was more of the central antagonist, since he was the one Lucy had it in for since he killed her friend, and even he got a good end in the anime.

They had a new movie recently, so the Halloween series. Gonna say it, the Rob Zombie remake isn't that bad. People bash it, say it ruined the series (like all remakes) but honestly it's better then any of the sequels (except the new movie), I'd even say it's the third best of the series (The original and the latest films being 1 and 2 in my book)

Gonna go back to Star Wars for a second. Can people stop saying Star Wars is ruined? Please, and no this isn't about liking the more recent movies. It's been ruined for like 2 decades apparently. "George Lucas made the special editions, he ruined Star Wars!" "George Lucas made the prequel trilogy he ruined Star Wars!" "JJ Abrhams made The Force Awakens, he ruined Star Wars!" "Rian Johnson made The Last Jedi, he ruined Star Wars!". I literally have the mental image of Star Wars as a giant moldy piece of cheese because of all the times it's been ruined. Like what you will, hate what you will, but nothing is ruined. What you like is still there, and Star Wars really was just an example, apply that to any franchise.

That's all for now

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Okay, here we go. Well X-Men: The Last Stand isn't really that bad, it's not great, but honestly I liked it. That being said, my opinion of the X-Men movies overall is pretty mixed. They do have some individual films I think are fantastic (X2, Days of Future Past, the Deadpool movies, and Logan are among some of my favorite comic book movies. First Class is also great but not one of my favorites. X-Men 1, The Last Stand, The Wolverine are also pretty decent. Apocalypse wasn't bad, and Origins Wolverine, crappy Weapon XI aside, is a guilty pleasure movie for me) the problem I have is that the series doesn't really flow and is riddled with continuity errors. Even if you do take the fact there's 2 timelines into account.

Few examples: In X-Men Professor X says he met Magneto when he was 17. First Class showed they met when they were in their 30s. On the subject of First Class, Emma Frost is a member of Shaw's group of Mutants in the 60's, but almost two decades later she's the teenage sister of Wolverine's girlfriend? Speaking of Origins Wolverine. Wolverine and his brother Sabretooth fought in the Vietnam war....Why is Wolverine back in the States and where is his brother? Also wasn't Mystique the one who saved Wolverine at the end of Days of Future Past? How did Stryker get him? Also didn't Professor X AND Magneto meet Jean to bring her to the school? First Class showed they became enemies long before Jean came into the picture

Just to name a few, the series has some individual movies I love. But all these keep me loving the series overall the way I love The Dark Knight Trilogy, The MCU, or Star Wars.

Speaking of Star Wars, now I don't wanna get into too many details, but I wanna bring up The Last Jedi. Not trying to argue over whether the movie is good or not. But I do wanna say I believe fan theories did indeed hurt the film. People wanted certain twists and when they didn't happen. They got angry. Don't believe me? People were cool with the idea of dark side Luke in TFA, there was even a popular theory that Kylo Ren was Luke. A lot of people showed they liked the idea of Luke turning evil. Now TLJ showed us a broken Luke, who'd let one momentary lapse of judgement, one fearful reaction cause the collapse of everything he'd worked for. But that was a bigger betrayal to his character then outright turning evil? Just my 2 cents.

Not sure how unpopular opinion this is, I'm about to compare a manga to an anime adaptation. But when the Carnage vs Lucy Death Battle came out, I watched the Elfen Lied anime to just find out who the hell Lucy was (I didn't wanna be in the same boat I was when I watched Guts vs Nightmare again, at the time I was on team Nightmare just cause I didn't know who Guts was at the time) So I watched the anime, and just cause I heard manga Lucy was more powerful and the anime (Which had a different ending) only told about half the story, I read the manga. So again, I'm not sure how much, but I'm about say I preferred something about an anime over the manga, so this is bound to be unpopular with someone, I preferred the anime's conclusion over the manga. I just feel like after all the crap she had to go through, Lucy deserved a happy ending, and the anime, though we don't actually see the reunion, highly implies she got to go back and be happy with the guy she liked. The only aspect I don't like is the fact the Director is still active at the end of the anime, but Kurama was more of the central antagonist, since he was the one Lucy had it in for since he killed her friend, and even he got a good end in the anime.

They had a new movie recently, so the Halloween series. Gonna say it, the Rob Zombie remake isn't that bad. People bash it, say it ruined the series (like all remakes) but honestly it's better then any of the sequels (except the new movie), I'd even say it's the third best of the series (The original and the latest films being 1 and 2 in my book)

Gonna go back to Star Wars for a second. Can people stop saying Star Wars is ruined? Please, and no this isn't about liking the more recent movies. It's been ruined for like 2 decades apparently. "George Lucas made the special editions, he ruined Star Wars!" "George Lucas made the prequel trilogy he ruined Star Wars!" "JJ Abrhams made The Force Awakens, he ruined Star Wars!" "Rian Johnson made The Last Jedi, he ruined Star Wars!". I literally have the mental image of Star Wars as a giant moldy piece of cheese because of all the times it's been ruined. Like what you will, hate what you will, but nothing is ruined. What you like is still there, and Star Wars really was just an example, apply that to any franchise.

That's all for now

I totally agree with you on the part about X-Men and Star Wars, though people have no one to blame but themselves for thinking their wild/fan-fic theories or guesses were going to come true. I've always been a casual SW fan, so I go in expecting to be entertained and the Last Jedi happily delivered. LJ has its flaws, but it is not the disaster half the fanbase is making out be. Then again, the SW fandom has always had this problem, which is why I never got that deep in to the fandom. Aside from the movies, the only Star Wars related thing I ever done was playing some of the video games, and watching both animated Clone War series. The only X-Men movie I genuinely hate is Wolverine Origins (the game is awesome) and Apocalypse I am so apathetic towards. X-Men 3 I found very average.

Elfen Lied I despise. I hate the anime, and I found the manga worse. It tries too hard to be grim dark and the whole humanity is the monster theme doesn't work when the Diclonii are gentically programmed to hate and kill all humans. Them being are replacements don't make sense because they more or less require our exsitence. If we all died out, they would either turn on each other or die out without oust. We outnumber them a billion to one. The ending in the manga proved my point. Not mention, I despise Lucy. I can't sympathize with her. What does not help is that I've seen characters with similar scenarios, better written than her, or shows with similar themes better written.

Here are some more of mine:

Lucy (the action movie) is one of the worst action films ever made. It's proof that Scarlette Johanson can barely hold a movie by herself, that some audience don't know what they want, and Luc Besson should stay away from film making. I remember my father telling me that this was "smart" film making. I could do nothing, but roll my eyes, because I've seen plenty of sci-fi films (live-action or animated) done better than this.

The Bourne Identity is the best out of the trilogy. Yes, I said trilogy. Supremacy was just average and Ultimatum was better than the former, but not by much. Legacy should have been it's own movie separate from the franchise with no connection, and the less said about Jason Bourne, the better. The general public seems to agree with me on the 5th movie. With that said, the mid-late 2000s suffered from too many spy/action films trying to be like it, was a huge problem. The fact that we started to finally move away from that style of film making in 2014 is a blessing, but we're still seeing the effects every now and then from people who can't film action.

I don't see the big deal with Read Dead 2. It's just another open world sandbox game in a cluttered market. I wonder if people will bother playing it 10 years from now. I can already tell you, most people won't. Give me any of the games coming out the end of the year or next year. Cuz I got sick and tired of "open world" games after Saints Row 2 and GTA IV. The only reason I played GTA V was to have fun with my older brother. After we beat the game, I held no more interest.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
  • Frozen's "Let it Go" is overrated and the best track on the OST "Life's Too Short" didn't even make it into the film which is a crying shame.
  • DanganRonpa peaked with the masterpiece that is the second game but became a victim of its own success and has quickly gone downhill becoming a shadow of itself.
  • Persona 2 is the best game in the series and 5 is just a lame copy paste of it.
  • No translator worth their salt should EVER leave honorifics in their localisation of a Japanese work.

Top Bottom