• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Relatively unpopular opinions about any and everything

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I am very cool.
Yes this is an unpopular opinion.

Tbh I only joined in because I heard the word pizza.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
That depends. Where are you getting your pizza from? Is it the cheap ass stuff, or the gourmet pizza?

I find this ironic, since you have the Dante pick on your profile.
my wife is a chef, i have tried multiple varieties of homemade and bought pizza and i just didn't like the taste in any scenario

also i like dante for his personality not his taste in food ha ha , more power to anyone who loves or eats pizza but it isn't for me

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I liked the English Dub for DMC Pinnacle of Combat. I'm digging the story minus a few continuity errors.

It's what I wanted from a DMC3 followup back when I first played the game. It's making me nostalgic. I prefer it to the anime.

@BrawlMan
I'm not trying to get you into Boruto. I'm just explaining my point.

If the Last Airbender counts as anime then Aang surpassed most shonen protagonists in characterization. I'd say the West is better with female characters but there is progress in shonen series. Katara tops them all.

I just chose Nami because she was the closest point of reference.

I don't mind Sasuke, I just never saw him as a believable friend for Naruto till Boruto.

Granted I was in high school and college during Shippuden so Naruto's desire to win Sasuke back felt more romantic than platonic. By then I already cut ties with friends or grew distant with others so that was the closest point of reference.

DBZ is a big cultural touchstone in Japan but unless you're a younger fan most shonen don't do enough to stand out. Luffy is the best because he's totally bonkers and the Straw Hats have the best chemistry. Followed by Gon who deconstructs the shonen archetypes.

Ironically Bleach was trying something different with Ichigo but squandered it.

As cliche as I wanna be ________ is, it's better than just wanting to protect your friends.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I don't mind Sasuke, I just never saw him as a believable friend for Naruto till Boruto.
That's the major issue and why I despise the character. He's just a revenge seeking bore. Hell, that became his defining characteristic trait in Shippuden. There's reason why he's known an entitled emo biatch by haters in the anime circle.

Granted I was in high school and college during Shippuden so Naruto's desire to win Sasuke back felt more romantic than platonic.
Naruto pretty much became the Sasuke show in the latter half. The more interesting and likeable characters pushed to the way side. There's a reason why I dropped Naruto and Bleach in freaking 2008.
DBZ is a big cultural touchstone in Japan but unless you're a younger fan most shonen don't do enough to stand out. Luffy is the best because he's totally bonkers and the Straw Hats have the best chemistry.
One Piece i dropped, because I knew it was going to go on forever and they were never gonna find One Piece. Also dropped in 2008.

Ironically Bleach was trying something different with Ichigo but squandered it.

As cliche as I wanna be ________ is, it's better than just wanting to protect your friends.
The big problem with Bleach was the author got bored so easily and could not stick with one thing. Tite Kubo draws all these interesting characters, but does not know what to do with them. Everyone's potential falls short in Bleach. Yourichi and Rukia I found the most interesting in the show. As for Ichigo, his main problem is that he's a weaker/nicer version of Yusuke Urameshi. Despite all the flaws as poor writing is concerned for the character, I still like him more than Naruto. Maybe the fact he's voiced by Johnny helps tolerate the problems.

Followed by Gon who deconstructs the shonen archetypes.
So I've heard, but I am not interested in Hunter X Hunter.

As far recent shounen protagonists go, I find Midorya the most interesting so far. Someon that actually uses strategy and is not a Goku expy. It's why I love JoJo too.

This clip comes to mind about why Sasuke sucks as a character and rival.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@BrawlMan
I thought Bleach's problems were the opposite. It stayed too long in certain arcs/stories like the Aizen Saga. Granted that's because of editorial influence more than Kubo. Even Orihime pining for Ichigo but he's not the wiser was more them than Kubo.

Ichigo would've been better off if Bleach was divided into parts like Jojo. And he just got cycled out after part 1. He doesn't really have any interesting motivations, desires or hangups to keep you invested in him longterm. If Aizen didn't pop up in Soul Society you could have ended his story there.

Saving Rukia is his story going full circle.

Ironically his comparison to Yusuke could've gone further if he was a reformed delinquent. Having him deal with that stigma more could've been a fun subplot and helped him stand out more.

Ishida just became the more compelling character of the two. I wished they swapped roles. Let Ichigo be the always someone better rival.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I thought Bleach's problems were the opposite. It stayed too long in certain arcs/stories like the Aizen Saga. Granted that's because of editorial influence more than Kubo. Even Orihime pining for Ichigo but he's not the wiser was more them than Kubo.
They're both part of the same problem. Aizen is not that interesting and it's just another overpowered villain. In terms of power level and coming up with all these Xanatos gambit plans and schemes that go off without a hitch or barely an interference. He has almost the same problems as Hao Asakura. Though Hao I still find worse. Mainly the manga version.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Scott Cawthon isn't problematic. His political views are his own, and these never should have been leaked or weaponized against him. Everybody who claims Cancel Culture isn't real is either a liar or an idiot; the man had to retire for his family's safety because of this ****.

Basically I just hate people right now.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Scott Cawthon isn't problematic. His political views are his own, and these never should have been leaked or weaponized against him. Everybody who claims Cancel Culture isn't real is either a liar or an idiot; the man had to retire for his family's safety because of this ****.

Basically I just hate people right now.
I have kinda same view about J.K. Rowling.
I'm not a big fan of her writing, I find her books rather poorly written, but canceling sucks.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Exclusives are anti-consumer. The only reason why there are people widening their eyes hearing this claim is because it's a concept that's been so deeply ingrained in the industry for so long (basically for as long as it's existed I guess) that it's the norm. But something being the norm doesn't preclude it from being anti-consumer.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Exclusives are anti-consumer. The only reason why there are people widening their eyes hearing this claim is because it's a concept that's been so deeply ingrained in the industry for so long (basically for as long as it's existed I guess) that it's the norm. But something being the norm doesn't preclude it from being anti-consumer.
You're not wrong. Exclusive don't even bother me much, because I don't suffer from FOMO for one. Two, most exclusives are timed exclusives and either get ported to other consoles and PC, or get PC ports within a couple of years. Even Sony is getting in on the act now. Remember when Microsoft boasted about Cuphead being an exclusive on XONE? Even though it was already available on Steam the same day. Then later got ported to Switch and now the PS4. So much for exclusivity. Three, the reason why I keep sticking with Sony and Nintendo is more niche and AA Japanese games. Microsoft has nothing for me at this point, other than backwards compatibility. It's the only thing they got; being able to play OG XBOX games on the ONE or SERIES with improved resolutions or frame rates. The exclusives are either franchise I don't care for, dislike, not interesting, or all of the above.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
The Guardians of the Galaxy movies, especially the first one, bore me to death.
"But it's James Gunn!", yeah whatever, I still don't like em.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I'm glad England lost the Euro's.

Now things can go back to normal without the constant, insufferable football nonsense consuming everything.

Plus we were never going to win. Not against Italy.

Final note: football is garbage and the players are paid far too much for playing what is, essentially, a children's game. No one should get paid millions for kicking a ball around.

Top Bottom