• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil (and survival horror in general), kind of disappoints me now...

Gasoline Tank

I had a thought...

Maybe the scene with Rosemary visiting her father's grave takes place after the upcoming DLC. Because I really need to know why the car stopped.

The man walking nearby is supposed to be Ethan. Unless of course, Capcom doesn't even bother to reveal any of this. That's not uncommon with Capcom either. But let's stay hopeful.

Gasoline Tank

I think many people will agree with me when I say this looks absolutely stunning. In fact, this looks way more terrifying than the original too.

I am glad Capcom has woken up and not just made it a repeat of the original. I was sold on everything I watched last night. The Merchant looks cool as well...

What game are ya pre-ordering, stranger!?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I saw another gameplay video, during the part where you need to find the captain's body.
Instead of it being behind a glass and you just watch as the body gets infected, you're actually in the middle of searching the body when the infector barges in and does its thing on the captain's corpse.

There might be a "things happen behind glass" reduction throughout this game but I'm thinking that a lot of key scenes will still occur that way.

Goldsickle

@BrawlMan
If I remember well, Infectors will always create an enhanced Slasher if they infect a corpse before you.
I wonder if this is the case for the remake.

Gasoline Tank

To be honest, I thought Capcom was trying to copy Silent Hill. Yes, I know it's explained as being scientific because of the Molded, and so it's not supernatural or otherworldly like Konami's series is. But it was giving off the same vibes.

Hopefully whatever they do next, it will be more in line with how the franchise used to be a long time ago. Of course, we should go forward. Not backwards. I just wasn't feeling it with these recent sequels. They were good horror games to tide me over for a week, but I don't think they were amazing.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I hope this truly is the end of the Winters family. This DLC really did nothing to endear me to Rose's character and I would like to potentially start afresh in RE9...since I doubt after the 16 year timeskip, Chris is going to be smashing boulders with his Zimmer frame. :ROFL:

To be honest, I thought Capcom was trying to copy Silent Hill. Yes, I know it's explained as being scientific because of the Molded, and so it's not supernatural or otherworldly like Konami's series is. But it was giving off the same vibes.
I get that this franchise runs on Sci-Fi, but they certainly were stretching the believability of "Mold Powers" to its absolute limit in this DLC. I also felt they could have done more with the whole "simulated reality based on memories" thing and had some Limbo-esque sequences from DmC in there.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'd be down for Jake to take the reigns in RE9. He'd be around forty if they wanna stick to the post-8 timeskip.

I'm enjoying the RE2 remake.

Gasoline Tank

Somebody told me the other day that after the events of RE5, they kept Jill under observation because of her multiple infections, and that she was fed up with being stuck in a room.

I don't know. Maybe we can take that as she's retired and not going to come back. Now with all this time jumping going on, it doesn't look great.

I think it's sad, because she began the franchise with Chris. Even Chris just looks so old and angry now. LOL. A hardened veteran.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
The RE1 live-action actors (not the same people who voiced the characters in-game) play RE1 for the first time. This was uploaded in June of this year.

Gasoline Tank

It turns out that in the RE4 remake, you have no laser sight on your pistol to begin with. This is now a purchasable feature.

Some people believe it's a change that wasn't needed. But I don't know. Pistols don't always have a laser sight anyway. So why this is a big deal, I don't know.

Top Bottom