• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Shirtless DANTE MOD issue!!!!

Bright

OK so i have implemented one way to get shirtless dante by adding these lines to DefaultGame.ini(used to be devilgame.ini in the Config folder but for some reason that is no longer an option IDK) ---

[NTEngine.NTDownloadableContentManager]

DLCManifests=(DLCID="Costume_Pack1_DanteNoJacket",bChangesMainMenu=true,bToggledByUser=true)

[NTGameFramework.NTPlayerStart]

+CharacterMods=(FriendlyName="SoSDanteMesh", Tags="Costume", ModCompatibility="Dante", DLCID="Costume_Pack1_DanteNoJacket", TargetPropertyPath="Appearance.Mesh", ReplacementObjectPath="CH_dante_ingame_noJacket.Meshes.sk_dante_ingame_noJacket")

+CharacterMods=(FriendlyName="SosDanteMorphs", Tags="Costume", ModCompatibility="Dante", DLCID="Costume_Pack1_DanteNoJacket", TargetPropertyArrayCode="[0]", TargetPropertyPath="Appearance.MorphTargets", ReplacementObjectPath="CH_dante_ingame_noJacket.Meshes.dante_noJacket_morphs")

+CharacterMods=(FriendlyName="SosDanteEffects", Tags="Costume", ModCompatibility="Dante", DLCID="Costume_Pack1_DanteNoJacket", TargetPropertyPath="Gameplay.GameplayParameters.Effects", ReplacementObjectPath="Dante_Archetypes.DVcharacterEffects_noJacket_Dante")

This ends up with a SHREDDED mesh shirt look that semi appears and disappears somewhat depending on angle but its not quite full shirtless do to this issue. Can anyone help fix this cause the rest of the information i found wont work the way the vid shows it does. I have tried a Texmod MOD from two sources on here and elsewhere but one doesnt work since it asks to replace devilgame.ini with mod version that is no longer used in game it seems and other MOD found replaces upk instead which WORKS but is Dante with NO HAIR. The video said if you use the no hair texmod version just add this:

CharacterMods=(FriendlyName="SoSDanteHairPatchMaterial", Tags="Costume", EnableTags="Costume", ModCompatibility="Dante", DLCID="Costume_Pack1_DanteNoJacket", TargetPropertyArrayCode="+[6]", TargetPropertyPath="Appearance.MaterialOverrides", ReplacementObjectPath="CH_dante_ingame.Materials.mi_dante_LongHair")

This did nothing to fix the no hair issue BUT does give flawless shirtlessness....ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA AS TO HOW TO FIX THIS???? Either fix the shredded mesh shirt issue given if adding the 3 line items above or fix the no hair issue if using the texmod version. I cant seem to find an actual version that is with hair and shirtless anywhere that works now.

Vergilsbooty

(WhoppingSpider) Do NOT reupload/tweak my mods!
You're trying to edit the wrong part of the file for starters.
This is my setup in the DevilGame.ini file:
[NTGameFramework.NTPlayerStart]
CharacterDescriptors=(FriendlyName="DefaultDante", TargetPlayerControllerClass="DevilGame.DvPlayerController_Dante", Tags="Normal; NoCoat; WhiteHairPatch; WhiteHair; Costume", ModCompatibility="Dante", ReplacementPlayerControllerClass="DevilGame.DvPlayerController_Dante", ReplacementCharacterTemplate="Dante_Archetypes.DanteCharacterTemplate")

CharacterMods=(FriendlyName="NoCoatDanteMesh", Tags="NoCoat", DisableTags="WhiteHairPatch; WhiteHair; Costume", ModCompatibility="Dante", TargetPropertyPath="Appearance.Mesh", ReplacementObjectPath="CH_dante_ingame_noJacket.Meshes.sk_dante_ingame_noJacket")
CharacterMods=(FriendlyName="NoCoatDanteMorphs", Tags="NoCoat", DisableTags="WhiteHairPatch; WhiteHair; Costume", ModCompatibility="Dante", TargetPropertyArrayCode="[0]", TargetPropertyPath="Appearance.MorphTargets", ReplacementObjectPath="CH_dante_ingame_noJacket.Meshes.dante_noJacket_morphs")

CharacterMods=(FriendlyName="WhiteHairPatchDanteMaterial", Tags="WhiteHairPatch", EnableTags="WhiteHair; HollowHeart", DisableTags="Costume", ModCompatibility="Dante", TargetPropertyArrayCode="+[6]", TargetPropertyPath="Appearance.MaterialOverrides", ReplacementObjectPath="CH_dante_ingame.Materials.mi_dante_LongHair")

CharacterMods=(FriendlyName="WhiteHairDanteMesh", Tags="WhiteHair", DisableTags="Costume", ModCompatibility="Dante", TargetPropertyPath="Appearance.Mesh", ReplacementObjectPath="CH_dante_ingame_noJacket.Meshes.sk_dante_ingame_noJacket")
CharacterMods=(FriendlyName="WhiteHairDanteMorphs", Tags="WhiteHair", DisableTags="Costume", ModCompatibility="Dante", TargetPropertyArrayCode="[0]", TargetPropertyPath="Appearance.MorphTargets", ReplacementObjectPath="CH_dante_ingame_noJacket.Meshes.dante_noJacket_morphs")
CharacterMods=(FriendlyName="WhiteHairDanteEffects", Tags="WhiteHair", DisableTags="Costume", ModCompatibility="Dante", TargetPropertyPath="Gameplay.GameplayParameters.Effects", ReplacementObjectPath="Dante_Archetypes.DVcharacterEffects_noJacket_Dante")

CharacterMods=(FriendlyName="Costume_DanteNoCoatMesh", Tags="Costume", ModCompatibility="Dante", DLCID="Costume_DanteNoCoat", TargetPropertyPath="Appearance.Mesh", ReplacementObjectPath="CH_dante_ingame_whiteHair.sk_dante_whiteHair_ingame")

CharacterMods=(FriendlyName="Costume_DanteNoCoatMorphs", Tags="Costume", ModCompatibility="Dante", DLCID="Costume_DanteNoCoat", TargetPropertyPath="Appearance.MorphTargets", TargetPropertyArrayCode="[0]", ReplacementObjectPath="CH_dante_ingame_whiteHair.dante_whiteHair_morphs")

CharacterMods=(FriendlyName="Costume_DanteNoCoatEffects", Tags="Costume", ModCompatibility="Dante", DLCID="Costume_DanteNoCoat", TargetPropertyPath="Gameplay.GameplayParameters.Effects", ReplacementObjectPath="Dante_Archetypes.DVCharacterEffects_whiteHair_Dante")

Of course you will need a texture mod to get it to work properly, you can either use one you already have, one that's been shared here (I still haven't looked through the entire site yet, so excuse my ignorance, or hey, I was nice enough to share a version myself here.)
If you need more help, or anything like so, just shoot me a message, or however you prefer to yell at me, lol. More than happy to help :happy:

Last edited:

Bright

Wow thanks man, quite the detailed response and easy enough for a Noob, id say, to follow!! Still it pains me to say there is one hitch here that is unfortunately. Id like to solve it and have it up for anyone else to find if they too have this issue but all of your instructions AND applying the mod will not work on my end because for SOME reason DMC on steam no longer has Devilgame.ini as it used to be.

It is no longer located in DevilGame folder under C:\Users\(YourUserNameHere)\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\DevilGame\Config.
Under C:\Users\(YourUserNameHere)\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\DevilGame\Config is now all Default.inis so just defaultgame.ini - defaultengine.ini and so on

The only places that have Devilgame.ini - Devilengine.ini are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DmC Devil May Cry\DevilGame\Published\Content and there are separate Devilgame.inis in each folders there but they also are not with the same exact script lines as the Original Devilgame.ini everyone else seems to still have and I used to have up until recent. There are also Base version ini files around too but thats it.

So replacing the DevilGame.ini simply alone wont work. I did however apply the mods you had anyhow and they WORK but still with the shredded grey mesh shirt shows over the upperbody and not fully shirtless. Your tats and scruff in the mods show though.

The ONLY mod that has fully worked was the TEXMOD shirtless version without hair i hate that came with a MODDED UPK i replaced instead of Devilgame.ini.

Thanks for your help here seriously as this has been a huge pain in my arse for a while now and i really wanna solve it ^_^

Bright

Anyone else? Ive now tried PC version, Steam, and patched versions of the game and the old way of simply patching/modding the Devilgame.ini in the Config folder is no longer possible....defaultgame.ini or basegame.ini is all that occupies that area now for me and the information in them is not completely the same. Is this happening at all for other people? It CANT just be me....but no one seems to be posting about this so.

Last edited:
Top Bottom