• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sifu

Dark Drakan

Admin
The kung-fu action game where every death ages your character has recently recieved a new gameplay trailer which looks interesting.

From Developers Sloclap who developed multiplayer centric martial arts fighting game Absolver. Their new title Sifu is a purely single player experience.

Sifu launches on PS4, PS5 and PC via Epic Games Store Autumn 2021.​

Dark Drakan

Admin
Sifu, the new martial arts adventure from Absolver developer Sloclap, will now be making its way to PlayStation and PC a little sooner than expected after its initial delay. Its arrival date has been revised to 8th February, which is a few weeks earlier than its previously revised 22nd February release.

Meg

I read the Game Informer review and the impression I got is that its difficulty is a flaw, which…..what? It seems to be a trend with traditional games media to knock a game down a few points for being hard. I was curious about this game, so if someone who isn’t a dumb dumb “journalist” can please play it and let me know how it is, I would appreciate it. XD

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I read the Game Informer review and the impression I got is that its difficulty is a flaw, which…..what? It seems to be a trend with traditional games media to knock a game down a few points for being hard. I was curious about this game, so if someone who isn’t a dumb dumb “journalist” can please play it and let me know how it is, I would appreciate it. XD
The game itself is good, but it is difficult. You have to know what you're doing, when dodge/evade, when to parry, etc. You won't be Dynasty Warrioring your way through enemies, nor will you be fighting your enemies one a time. It's the old school fundamentals of knowing the enemies, mini bosses, and bosses attack patterns. The game encourages you replay stages that you completed so you can unlock more moves, or get through shortcuts you could not get through the first time around.

I played through Stage 1 Twice, but because I died a good amount there and wanted to reduce it to at least 1 death. My second time I got my wish and only died to the boss once. Stage 2 I did twice, and managed to complete it....AT THE F$CKING AGE OF 67! SEAN SUCKS! I got halfway though Stage 3, but reached final death. I got key card to unlock a short cut, so I can get through easier. Though I might just replay The Club again to see, if I can make it through at a younger age. That would be the best bet.

The ones complaining were either expecting an easier time, or assuming the game would be a 3D version of Final Fight. I know not everyone is skilled or have disabilities that prevent them from playing these type of games, but the for the non-disabled reviewers: what the hell were you expecting? Sloclap pretty much stated that this game has a high learning curve and difficulty.

Dark Drakan

Admin

Sifu Update 1.06 Live, Patch Notes​

752.3MB on PS5

Sifu Update 1.06 Patch Notes​

Design
• Polish and Debug. Small tweaks on the second level
• Bug fixes for second (Sean) and third (Kuroki) bosses
Code
• Global optimizations
• Crash fixes.
Art & Lighting
• Performance improvements in all levels
• Polish and debug

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium

I'm enjoying it, and look, yes, it's got a learning curve, but for what it's worth, while being harder than your average AAA game, it's at least no Dark Souls bollocks. It reminds me of DMC3 in terms of difficulty if you want a familiar point of comparison.

The mobs of enemies are manageable by kinda spamming the LB dodge the same way you'd Trickster dash out of pinches in DMC, it's the bosses and mini bosses that require a bit more timing. And you can repeat levels to bring down your death counters for the next one.

Don't worry, if you're not a journalist you'll beat it.

• Love
Reactions: Meg

Dark Drakan

Admin
Alongside the 'Arenas Update' the game will finally launch on Xbox consoles and Steam in March 2023, the game is currently only available on PS5, PS4, Switch, and PC via the Epic Games Store.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I had a feeling this would come to xbox, i still have not picked it up on my ps5

So i may as well wait now and get a more content rich version on my xbox series x in march

Dark Drakan

Admin
I had a feeling this would come to xbox, i still have not picked it up on my ps5

So i may as well wait now and get a more content rich version on my xbox series x in march

It was only ever marketed as a timed deal so was a matter of time, looks like a good game and I havent tried it myself yet either. Would be the perfect game for game pass ironically.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Ya it is a great fit for gamepass, and who knows it may end up being put on it and gain a lot more exposure which may lead to a sequel

Top Bottom