• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Style Switcher

serpentiem

Just like the title suggests, I just released a tool that lets you switch styles in mid-mission without the need to use a divinity statue.

Update:
I just finished the PC version
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hssldf6wunnewpg/dmc3_style_switcher_pc_rev2.exe

For the GlovePIE script to work with the PC version you just have to replace NUMPAD0-5 with F1-6

Requirements:
- the Japanese version of DMC3SE (SLPM-66160)
- PCSX2 & a PS2 Bios
- Style Switcher

Optional
- GlovePIE
- Savegame

Instructions

First of all, make sure NUMLOCK is activated.
Start PCSX2 and load DMC3SE.
Select a mission, load it and go to Customize.
Now select the Doppelganger style and start the mission.
When you are able to move (and not during a cutscene!) start the style switcher and wait about 5s (if the PCSX2 game window should freeze, close it and in the PCSX2 main window click System->Resume to restore it).
Now press NUMPAD6 to inject the MOT data (takes about 5s as well).
Then press NUMPAD7 to link them and you are ready to go.
You are now able to switch styles at will with NUMPAD0 - 5.

When you've left a room, you don't have to reinject the MOT data, but you have to relink them. Although I also included the option to freeze the links so that you don't have to relink them every time you change a room, it is not advised to do so as it disturbs menus and will most likely crash the game during transitions leaving you with a black screen.

Bugs

- no style sounds
I didn't bother to look for the addresses that link the sound files yet, but they should exist so there is a good chance that this can be fixed.

- doppelganger style
The Doppelganger style itself is a little more complex. If you start a mission without the Doppelganger style active you won't be able to use it until you change the room or use a Divinity Statue. To prevent this simply select the Doppelganger style before you start a mission and switch to it before leaving a room.

Extra

Since this program modifies memory your Antivirus might return a false positive result, just add an exception to get around this.

In case you don't have a savegame, don't know where to get one or simply don't want to play through all the missions again I also attached a modified savegame. To use it, copy it to your memcards folder inside your PCSX2 root directory.

Additionally if you have a XBOX360 Controller or are using a PS3 Controller with MiJ you can use the GlovePIE script below to achieve a similar on-the-fly style switching system like the one in DMC4. Well other than the fifth style being Quicksilver and Doppelganger being activated by L3+R3 it's exactly the same.
Code:
if starting then
var.pressed.right=0
var.pressed.left=0
var.pressed.up=0
var.pressed.down=0
endif

if pressed(xbox360.right) and var.pressed.right==0 then
var.pressed.right=1
var.pressed.left=0
var.pressed.up=0
var.pressed.down=0
elseif pressed(xbox360.right) and var.pressed.right==1 then
var.pressed.right=0
endif

if var.pressed.right==0 then
keyboard.numpad4=xbox360.right
elseif var.pressed.right==1 then
keyboard.numpad0=xbox360.right
endif

if pressed(xbox360.left) and var.pressed.left==0 then
var.pressed.right=0
var.pressed.left=1
var.pressed.up=0
var.pressed.down=0
elseif pressed(xbox360.left) and var.pressed.left==1 then
var.pressed.left=0
endif

if var.pressed.left==0 then
keyboard.numpad4=xbox360.left
elseif var.pressed.left==1 then
keyboard.numpad1=xbox360.left
endif

if pressed(xbox360.up) and var.pressed.up==0 then
var.pressed.right=0
var.pressed.left=0
var.pressed.up=1
var.pressed.down=0
elseif pressed(xbox360.up) and var.pressed.up==1 then
var.pressed.up=0
endif

if var.pressed.up==0 then
keyboard.numpad4=xbox360.up
elseif var.pressed.up==1 then
keyboard.numpad2=xbox360.up
endif

if pressed(xbox360.down) and var.pressed.down==0 then
var.pressed.right=0
var.pressed.left=0
var.pressed.up=0
var.pressed.down=1
elseif pressed(xbox360.down) and var.pressed.down==1 then
var.pressed.down=0
endif

if var.pressed.down==0 then
keyboard.numpad4=xbox360.down
elseif var.pressed.down==1 then
keyboard.numpad3=xbox360.down
endif

keyboard.numpad5=xbox360.leftthumb+xbox360.rightthumb

if xbox360.leftthumb=true and xbox360.rightthumb=true then
var.pressed.right=0
var.pressed.left=0
var.pressed.up=0
var.pressed.down=0
endif

debug="n0: "+keyboard.numpad0+" n1: "+keyboard.numpad1+" n2: "+keyboard.numpad2+" n3: "+keyboard.numpad3+" n4: "+keyboard.numpad4+" n5: "+keyboard.numpad5

Also I don't plan to port it to other regions, just get the Japanese PS2 version it also has an option to change the language to English.

Other than that, have fun trying out new combos.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Don't have a PC version but I'd love the idea of a style changer for DMC3 and I kinda wished it was an option on the HD collection but when I brought it up I got attacked for saying it.

skhunter

The link doesn't work any chance someone still has it? Don't have the PC version so would really love for someone to provide the PS2 style switcher mod

ProjectXsent

Sadly no I don't have. I wish this could be possible by cheat/Joker commands that could change Dpad's functionality.

Top Bottom