• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Symbolism in the Vergil fights

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I've been hearing this... how to call it... theory?/interpretation?/view?/whatever for quite a long time, so I thought I'd propose it to you guys to see what you think about it.

Basically, it concerns the way Dante challenges Vergil in each of the three encounters.

In the first one, he points his gun at him.

dqfy1k.png

A gun, a human weapon, to symbolize that he's not yet acquainted with his demonic side.

In the second one, he points his sword Rebellion at him.

qzhfcw.png

A purely demonic weapon, to symbolize that after the first fight, he's accepted and embraced his demon self.

In the third one, he points his finger at him.

o6wwv7.png

A part of his own halfbreed body, to symbolize that he now has mastery of his demonic powers, but also still feels humans emotions and recognizes human values, such as family, as shown at the end of the fight.

Do you think that's the case? Even if it's not, it's still an interesting theory, lemme know your thoughts.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Over reaching.

Not a completely terrible idea but the notion loses it with the finger pointing. It's just not that strong a symbol as the other 2 and seems kinda silly.

Top Bottom