• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The future of Dante

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Is it reasonable to assume that if and when Dante when senile he'd inevitably become the great uncle of Nero's kids who could never believe this old fart was as badass as people say. I mean, hes already got the personality, the only reason he isn't the old crazy uncle is because he can still legitimately prove his badassery. Idk, just seeing Dante's ark from 3 to 5 makes it feel like he actually is less "cool" than he use to be but in a fun way that's natural for his character. This just upsets me on two fronts tho, the fact that the Taneems claims weren't entirely baseless and that Dante's badassery will forever be loss on Nero's kids onward since he's been less concerned with making himself a legend and more just doing his own thing. Or at least he doesn't get the same reverence and respect sparda does. He's been given a little respect with calling him the legendary devil hunter in DMC5 tho

GinDan

Dante will always be in Sparda's shadow I mean he may be more powerful than his father, but he will always be in daddy's shadow.
For me Dante is like Goku from DBS not smart don't care about sex he he love eat and fight

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm hoping the upcoming animated series handles him better. I'm less interested in Itsuno/Bingo's take on the series. So a change of writers could be interesting.

I can see 5's ending as a way to retire him and Vergil but I could see them coming back. They are too popular to retire permanently.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
here is what i don't get, dante and vergil have a healing factor like wolverine, so like him shouldn't their cells regenerate and they stop aging once they reach full maturity?

so wouldn't he like wolverine live well over a century without issue, outside of his demon form which would make him immortal if he stayed in it?

as for his future i hope he stays around for more games, nero just doesn't cut it for me as a character

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
here is what i don't get, dante and vergil have a healing factor like wolverine, so like him shouldn't their cells regenerate and they stop aging once they reach full maturity?

so wouldn't he like wolverine live well over a century without issue, outside of his demon form which would make him immortal if he stayed in it?

as for his future i hope he stays around for more games, nero just doesn't cut it for me as a character
They didn't establish it in game so it could go either way.

Out of game, one if the developers said he would age like a human but they were never consistent on it.

So it's anyone's guess how Dante and Vergil would deal with it.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
They didn't establish it in game so it could go either way.

Out of game, one if the developers said he would age like a human but they were never consistent on it.

So it's anyone's guess how Dante and Vergil would deal with it.
I'm pretty sure they said they age normally outside of dt. As demons don't age in general in dmc

Top Bottom