• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
You know what? That's fair. You are in the ranting thread.

I'm just saying there was no way a CW show would be anything good, and Cody is from the Whedon boat of "too high an opinion of themselves and their bad dialogue in imitation of teens". Like. The Flash is considerably more wholesome and less cringe in comparison because of the family-friendly constraint of comics and wanting to sell toys and merchandise, and it is still trash with bad writing and its current story clinging to pseudo incestuous overtones.

PPG happens to be offensively bad to where even Twitter hates it, but it's in good company if it's meant to take refuge in potential "cult status" with the other shows.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
@berto

You know what? I haven't watched PPG in like 20 years and I wouldn't have cared at all about this bad CW adaptation, but after seeing the leaked script accuse the original show of "whitewashing" (among other things), I have only one thing to say to the script writers which is "f*** you".

The sheer amount of disrespect and vitriol towards the original show contained in that pilot script goes way beyond the normal "biting the hand that feeds you" and is downright disgusting. I don't know what's wrong with hollywood these days but everyone and their mother there seems to want to destroy our childhood heroes and I'm running out of patience.

Goldsickle

Anytime someone says "this game is designed around..." I expect a quote from the development team to prove that.
If not, then it's 100% your own speculation and can be pushed aside.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Apparently there's a live action Winx show on Netflix.

The color palette sucks. Like they tried desperately to copy Snyder to give realism to the environment and failed spectacularly.

And not a single one of the characters can dress themselves. Tragic.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Apparently there's a live action Winx show on Netflix.

The color palette sucks. Like they tried desperately to copy Snyder to give realism to the environment and failed spectacularly.

And not a single one of the characters can dress themselves. Tragic.
I kinda liked it but I agree with this.

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
well....MediaFire disabled image share option (as host site I used for free) God damn you MediaFire you don't deserve to have anyone to trust to hell my files but at least I have backup (I mean if my files are gone by this site I won't cry or anything I will delete my account and restore my screenshots from my PC that I have a backup there).

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
There's this one girl I met about 1 ½ years ago. We aren't friends, rather we say hello if we see each other. But she remembers I'm a law student and because she'd like to apply to law school next year, she asked me if I could prep her a bit with the entrance exams. Sure thing, I'm glad to help, I've offered free prep for small groups last year as well.

But now she asked me, just literally out of nowhere, in the fifth sentence of our Messenger conversation, if I could borrow her 50 euros because she's out of food.

Sincerely, wtf? I'm glad to borrow 50 euros for a friend anytime. Certainly not for a person who I don't actually even know.

Now I'm just wondering what to answer. Maybe I'll just say that if she really needs food I can bring her something to eat tomorrow and then guide her to the local social support unit. If she finds it offensive, I'll just take it as a "No, I'm not really starving, I was lying and just checking if you're an easy one to fool". :cautious:

Reminds me of my mother to whom I stopped borrowing money at the age of 20 or something, simply because "I don't want to fund your smoking or alcohol problems, even though you say it's for food, I cannot know that". She got furious and shouted at me how it's "none of my business where she spends her money".
Yeah... her money... the money she was borrowing from her daughter...

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Dad is coming to our house on July!! <3

We moved in here when the pandemic and martial law hit, and he hasn't even seen our new apartment. Plus, I miss him. I met him quickly last summer outside, but otherwise se haven't seen each other since December 2019.
(He has severe risk factors for COVID and he lives in another city, so he hasn't been able to travel and doesn't want to risk anything, and that's why we haven't seen each other even though we've been calling each other at least twice a week.)

Can't wait <3

Yeah, I miss him. A LOT.
But now all our plans might be cancelled because some pricks thought it's fine to go to Russia to see some soccer, catch COVID (and most likely the Indian variation), and NOT to stick in quarantine because "hey, it's Midsummer, we need to PARTY!1". Now our infection rate is increasing and a new lockdown is "possible" according to the authorities.
And I'm FURIOUS.

At the same time I'm feeling bad because of my general philosophy of not hating anyone in my life and trying to understand people even when their choices seem beyond understanding. And now I'm just... Done. Just so damn done.

One of those confirmed soccer tourists decided to go in our very first mass gathering with 5000 others, without having a decent test procedure. Yay. -_-

Gasoline Tank

So after this "Gimpy" spammed my address on YouTube for the, what? The millionth time, or so? I decided to close down yet another account. Idiot!

Goldsickle

Try to start a new thread about a certain subject, other members and the mods will tell you "there's already a thread about this".

But if you go out of your way to look for an existing thread for the subject to post on it, mods lock it for "necro posting".

F***.

Gasoline Tank

So this troll named "Alfred Gimpy" enjoys talking to himself on this horror films wiki, kidding on he is replying to me whenever he posts anonymous comments on certain articles concerning things, that I just so happen to have appeared in. Yeah! :rolleyes:

These weird losers don't have anything better to do with their time, at all.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Receptionist at the doctor's huffing at me coz the nurse has requested I make an appointment. Like it's my fault you chose to work here? Get a grip, woman.

Goldsickle

Me wanting to see Hololive reactions to certain moments in video games does not mean that I am also interested in seeing the "reactions" of random, uninteresting looking people going ":O" in the thumbnail, YouTube.

F***.

Gasoline Tank

Some YouTube videos are misleading, as they don't always cover the subject of the video. They often talk simply about the problem, then they spew go on and on, and by the time it ends, you feel like you just want to have your 10 minutes back. :D

Aurelius

I just realized that I can't pet the kitties in Red Dead 2 and it pains me...

I'm more of a cat person but I guess I can settle for petting the puppy instead.
... SCREW YOU ROCKSTAR!!! You had one job to make this game immersive AF and I can’t pet the settlement kitty. The immersion is in ruins...

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yo Capcom, in the event of ever making Vergil playable again in a future DMC game, keep that ****ty ass DmC sword embed mechanic away from his teleports and literally just copy the inputs for Trick moves from DMC3SE.

THANK. YOU.

Gasoline Tank

So flipping Bloober Team has denied that they're working on a new Silent Hill game. At this rate, I'm just tired of not having a new game revealed. Without Team Silent on board, it will probably be a pretty mediocre effort anyway, I'm sure. But I am an actual fan of this series. I have been since 2002, and it's annoying knowing that the last one was released way back in 2012, and even so, it wasn't great or anything. My life has largely sucked ass since around that time, as well. So getting a new game in the series may have helped to restore my faith in this dying genre, since it's mostly a bland, "action games pretending to be horror" kind of market these days. Then every small glimmer of hope gets shot down eventually, and it's the same song and dance year after year now. Somebody starts a bit of hearsay on Twitter or wherever, that ultimately gets debunked by someone out there. So eventually, you just don't know what to believe anymore.

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
OK........time to break something o_O (my anger from google) why not start from my phone or laptop screen or break my PC just........GOD DAMN you google :mad: if you don't want my existence on your platform then I join pirates simply (I don't want this but I hate region lock :cry:) before this region lock get fixed I will definitely delete all of my accounts.
I just want like others buy goodies like DMC peak of combat or other cool things you just f*** up google so I'm now no longer power to buy anything from you so you lost me as a customer.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
So. My father just asked me how many people have I told about my pregnancy. The reason was that my mother knows about it.
I haven't been in contact with her. Our only connection is my father aka her ex-spouse, and my father has not told her. That's why he asked: because he hasn't told and he couldn't figure out who it was.

Well neither can I. And the fact that she knows about our child was just a matter of time, so it doesn't matter. It changes nothing and I've prepared myself mentally for it. No big deal.

But where did she find out?
Well. My father told me she has been bragging about that one of her friends has a daughter who works as a nurse and that the nurse tells her stuff.

And what makes me absolutely fckin _disgusted_ is the thought of a random nurse, 160 kilometers away, digging up my private health information from the national database to give them all to my mother.

Disgusting.

Even if it's just bragging, knowing she's thinking about that as a valid possibility feels like a violation to my personal space.

Top Bottom