• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I feel your pain. We were screwed over in a number of ways by the person we bought our house off - most worrying was the fact that she had presented us with falsified safety records for the gas boiler. We didn't know this until the gasman came round and told us there had been deadly fumes leaking into the house for months due to there being zero adequate checks done.

I'm glad you guys spotted the leak early - hopefully there isn't too much lasting damage.
Oh gods, that would be a nightmare. O_O Fortunately (knocks on wood) there aren't any other issues at present. The roof, furnace, and water heater were all replaced last year, and the inspector we hired prior to moving in was incredibly thorough in his reports of any issues (he's the reason we dodged a major bullet with one of the previous places we looked into). The house does need some work here and there, but as long as we can stave off anything unforeseen and costly, I'll be happy. The idea of gas leaks, though... -shudders- Do you guys have carbon monoxide detectors, there?

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I'm feeling ill, in terms of walking to the bathroom makes me exhausted and sitting on a chair makes my heart race. Being worried about if everything is alright or not isn't really helping. :/
I'm still as ill as I've been since Saturday and it makes me worried for the little one.

And I should not allow myself to be stressed because you know, stress is harmful for the little one as well.

*sigh* I just hope it's anemia or something as easy to take care of. I've had it when I was young and it was not a big deal.

Also, I got my first COVID shot. I thought I'd take it after the baby is born, just in case of getting any kind of troubles from the vaccine, but the current infection rate changed my mind. However, now it feels like I'm constantly overhearing discussions and seeing comments on social media claiming how getting a COVID shot when pregnant "may lead to this and this and this and the baby dies and borns with no head and six legs".
Not believing a single claim of them, but still. *Double sigh*

Last edited:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I'm not sure whether laughing is an appropriate reaction, but I trust you not being serious in this :D
I'd never actually harm an animal - my cat is this horrific nightmare animal, whom I threaten with death daily and yell at her to die, but the stupid thing is I'll be gutted when she does. But no word of a lie, she is awful to live with.
Oh gods, that would be a nightmare. O_O Fortunately (knocks on wood) there aren't any other issues at present. The roof, furnace, and water heater were all replaced last year, and the inspector we hired prior to moving in was incredibly thorough in his reports of any issues (he's the reason we dodged a major bullet with one of the previous places we looked into). The house does need some work here and there, but as long as we can stave off anything unforeseen and costly, I'll be happy. The idea of gas leaks, though... -shudders- Do you guys have carbon monoxide detectors, there?
We do, but they aren't fitted as standard if you own your own home. I don't know what the current rules are about rental properties, but if you're a home owner, you're responsible for everything. I don't know if the leak we had was carbon monoxide, but if it was we were insanely lucky. It had been going on for months and we should have died, frankly.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Come on, YouTube!
I just watched one video about Nevada-tan...

Don't suddenly recommend all this murder s*** on my front page!
Nevada-tan? Are people Hetalia-ing states now, or is that some new creepypasta I hadn't heard about yet?

Goldsickle

Nevada-tan? Are people Hetalia-ing states now, or is that some new creepypasta I hadn't heard about yet?
The Sasebo slashing murderer was called "Nevada-tan" because her most prominent photo featured her wearing a University Of Nevada shirt.
There were also rumors that she was wearing that same shirt when she committed the murder.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
The Sasebo slashing murderer was called "Nevada-tan" because her most prominent photo featured her wearing a University Of Nevada shirt.
There were also rumors that she was wearing that same shirt when she committed the murder.
Oh yeah, I remember reading about that! As you can tell, I forgot about it after the first time.

Did you already delete Nevada-tan from your watch history?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Hadn't seen a mutual's posts on Twitter for a little while, so went to check on them--only to realize they blocked me.

Which leads me to one of two conclusions:

1) They saw the 3-star I left on their book months ago and took offense (because sadly, there are some authors who think 3 stars is somehow a bad thing).

Or

2) And this feels much more likely--they saw me commenting in defense of men having the right to talk about their mental health issues like anyone else, and given their own past rhetoric (which I've ignored countless times--the irony), took offense to it and just auto-blocked.

I can think of no other reason, because I've largely stayed away from "controversial" topics. Oh well, they're no great loss. I was getting tired of their "men are trash" posts anyway. :rolleyes: If generalized statements were made about any other group, people would have lost their minds. But, y'know, it's okay as long as you're bashing men, amirite? /s

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Forgot what the video was titled, so took me quite a while to find it and remove it.
I didn't think the algorithm would be so sensitive.
The Almighty Algorithm will make you see what it wants you to see!

But in execution it's like some random person on the street who once heard you have a conversation with your friends about "apples" so that person assumed you're some kind of apple guru or aficionado and every time they cross paths with you they try to talk you up about apples because that's the one thing they knew for sure you were interested in.

Youtube is almost like what happens when viewers themselves are treated like memes or one-note NPCs.

Goldsickle

The Almighty Algorithm will make you see what it wants you to see!

But in execution it's like some random person on the street who once heard you have a conversation with your friends about "apples" so that person assumed you're some kind of apple guru or aficionado and every time they cross paths with you they try to talk you up about apples because that's the one thing they knew for sure you were interested in.

Youtube is almost like what happens when viewers themselves are treated like memes or one-note NPCs.
The problem is how indiscriminate it can be.

I enjoy seeing reactions of Vtubers, like from Hololive.
But then YouTube also thinks I enjoy seeing "reaction videos" from random people going ":O" in the thumbnails.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
The problem is how indiscriminate it can be.

I enjoy seeing reactions of Vtubers, like from Hololive.
But then YouTube also thinks I enjoy seeing "reaction videos" from random people going ":O" in the thumbnails.
Well, they fall under the "reaction" umbrella, so it's even more like a random person who assumes they're doing you a favor by shoving more content in your face.

"You like watching fake cartoonish people reacting to things and those all look the same, so here's REAL people making the same face over and over! It's the same thing, right?"

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
No More Heroes - It's not about the crappy open-world, that's been done enough. My problem is with the pointless take that towards Dante. You see Suda51/Grasshopper have this hatred for edgy/pretty boy anime protagonists. This take that does not work, because:

1. Dante is not that edgy and has always been a goofy dork. DMC2 does not count, and the reboot did not exist yet.
  2. This comes off as hypocritical because Travis Touchdown himself is a Dante clone. A much more subtle one and a unique different appearance, but still a copy.
  3. I don't have problem with, but the assassin, Helter Skelter, you don't even get to fight. He dies in the first trailer for the game.
  4. Dante never smokes! He hates smoking! He does not consider it cool!
  5. Travis more or less insults him recounting the battle in the actual intro to the game to confirm it.
1368177-tradingcardno124.png

Funny enough, his younger is the first boss in the sequel. Skelter Helter looks like Cloud.

d2j9vy4-ca1540e0-90bc-47ba-b764-a98aea2e2742.png
I honestly don't know what their deal was at the time. If they hated that character type, they should have picked someone else. They come off as fan haters of the character and not the arch type. Which Dante is mostly not. I still love NMH, but that is something that always bugged me.

Last edited:

Goldsickle

Look, even if you're supposed to be depressed and think about suicide.
You still don't get to act like an asshole to others or be annoying to the community.

If the backlash, moderation or ban you get sends you rock-bottom, that's on you and nobody has to take responsibility.

Gasoline Tank

What are you talking about? It's still there.
It's probably gone for a bit due to server issues.

Sorry. That turned out to be the actual case. However, Yama reported that several posts couldn't be retrieved after he moved to a different host. Glad it wasn't anything bad, though.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Anyone that says Qanon are harmless or not much of a threat are ignorant, stupid, or turning a blind eye and willing to enable/support them. For crap like this, you can't afford to sit on the fence.

The fourth story is slightly humorous and very ironic, but it show how easy these fools manipulate themselves, gaslight, and think of the most out there conspiracy theories. This is why you never try to cozy up or suck the genitals of racists assholes. Did Wolfenstein teach you nothing?!

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
It's a mad mad world...

So a Superintendent (that's a high ranking cop) lost her job because she was caught having naughty images of children and actually appealed for unfair dismissal and the tribunal in their infinite wisdom actually agreed that she must be reinstated because get this, it would “reduce confidence in the police in some of the communities (read: minorities) in which they have struggled to gain trust.” In other words, because of her skin tone a convicted criminal on the sex offenders register is now allowed to carry on as a police officer, working with vulnerable people including children.

What's that old quote about how you judge a society based on the way they treat the vulnerable?

Top Bottom