• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Goldsickle

Giving money to parents:

DAD: "It's okay son, I have enough. You don't need to go out of your way to give me cash. I'm alright."

MOM: "Thanks for the monthly allowance! Make sure you give me some more next month!"

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Giving money to parents:

DAD: "It's okay son, I have enough. You don't need to go out of your way to give me cash. I'm alright."

MOM: "Thanks for the monthly allowance! Make sure you give me some more next month!"
This is accurate

Taramafor

People that avoid giving straight answers and refusing to make it about understanding are the worst.

They think it's "me". I can only refelct them. It's not me. It's "themselves". Why would anyone CHOOSE to misunderstand? That's just going to fuel the fear of conflict they have. Seems pretty counter produtive to me.

I can be fine with honest hypocrites. Just not people that continue to BS me. EXCHANGE viewpoints. No matter how "in the right" you think you are.

I'd love to say it's easy. But for some people it clearly isn't.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Wut.

I was only writing this as a personal experience...
Is this actually a general thing that happens to others?
I'll join the club.

On the other hand, as you probably know, my mom was pretty abusive in every way possible. So this should be no surprise.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Wut.

I was only writing this as a personal experience...
Is this actually a general thing that happens to others?
I'm being largely tongue in cheek, but I'd definitely happily take money off my eldest if she offered it. Gift horse and all that jazz.

She never actually offers me money. She wasn't even very good at paying me rent...

Taramafor

I'll join the club.

On the other hand, as you probably know, my mom was pretty abusive in every way possible. So this should be no surprise.
Abuse huh? That can be a strange thing.

I knew someone that had an abusive parents. But abusive people do care. Even when things are volatile.

Dante decided what was best for Nero. BZZT! Incorrect. Nero made his own choice. Nero and Virgil show how abuse can be done with agreements and without deciding for each other. It's a great example. Dante meanwhile is lying there in shock and has to take a nap. People might not realize it but Dante actually is really abusive with Virgil. "Give me this. I stop you that. Have to kill. Point my weapon first and provoke the fight." Virgil is ruthless, sure, but he's having to defend himself.

It's hard to tell if Dante is getting better or worse as he gets older. He seems to be more and more "deciding for others" the older he gets. At least Virgil is there to keep him in check now they're not trying to kill each other. I think Dante learned his lesson after Nero (and perhaps the bird). Maybe he'll learn to value communication more. He might not like it but honesty is honesty.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I'm being largely tongue in cheek, but I'd definitely happily take money off my eldest if she offered it. Gift horse and all that jazz.

She never actually offers me money. She wasn't even very good at paying me rent...
Oh. I actually thought you were speaking of your mother :ROFL: Talk about biased views...

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
A Master's thesis in my university was suggested to be graded as F because of "lack of objectivity". It was only passed and awarded the lowest possible grade after the student got three external researcher statements of that the thesis was definitely worth a pass, one of them suggesting "at least grade 3 or higher" (scale 1-5).

So, what was the part in that thesis that almost led to fail due to allegations of objectivity problems?
The part that was criticizing some research methods of intersectional feminism. The student was told to remove that 45 page passage about it or else it'll probably fail. Their instructor opted out from that position after the student refused to do that.

So we're pretty much censorizing anti-woke research now...

Also, Metallica targeted by the cancel culture for stuff that happened 20 years ago. Oh my.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Antibiotics are giving me the runs some.

Enjoy the mental image.
That is an idiom I don't understand, so I ask this way: the "runs" like you get from caffeine or the "runs" that end up in bathroom?

From the context I assume latter. I have to take 200mg of iron every day so nope, the mental image doesn’t scare me... :D

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I wonder if the train people would like it if I walked up to them as they waited for their one holiday with their excited children and proceeded to tear up their travel tickets.

Because that's basically what they've done to thousands of people this summer.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Apparently Taika Waititi won't direct the next Thor. GOOD. This actual troll shouldn't be allowed anywhere near any IP that isn't his.

He's still allowed to ruin Star Wars though (even more than Abrams and Johnson did, potentially).

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So, got a job interview only for them to cancel last minute because the time they asked for a week in advance was suddenly inconvenient. They said they'd reschedule to next week so just hold on, a week passes without a word so I ask what's going on and they tell me they've already got someone to fill the role based on them not having their interview cancelled so I spent all that time organising transport for nothing, gee thanks. :mad:

Gasoline Tank

As I was saying in the other thread, I don't see the point in talking about Resident Evil anymore. It's clear that nobody cares about Capcom wrecking the series. Or if they do, not many people do notice. And I don't even think many people have even played the older games in the franchise, like they claim. It's the same with films. Many people only watch things in the decades they were born in. So someone born in 2003 doesn't typically care for older movies.

I don't even care. I can watch something from any year. It doesn't bother me. The only thing I don't like about new horror movies is the unnecessary gore for shock value purposes, or remakes with cut content. Also, modern music is horrible. Other than that, I don't like to be the guy who thinks the new era sucks, as it's probably the best it has been, technology wise.

Now these are just my opinions.

Goldsickle

I'm so happy to see a brand new Dualshock 4 fresh out of the box.
Now I can go back to playing PS4 games :3

... just to find out that the left trigger seems to have a loose spring problem and the left analog stick drifts...
How is it that I'm finding these problems fresh out of the box??

There doesn't seem to be any visible damage on the packaging.

Top Bottom