• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The return of action games

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Dmc5, bayo3, God of war, and to a much lesser extent kh3, feels like the only classic action game I'm waiting to get back on its feet are ninja gaiden and omiyusha. Here's to hoping!

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Ninja gaiden devs have a really cool game coming out soon called wanted dead

Its a mix of john wick meets kill bill and gaiden lol

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Ninja gaiden devs have a really cool game coming out soon called wanted dead

Its a mix of john wick meets kill bill and gaiden lol

And one of the other trailers, the commentator said Ninja Gayden.

The early to mid 2010s also saw the rise of 2D or 2.5D brawlers. With a new rebirth starting between 2018-2020. Suck it gaming critics snd brawler haters.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
And one of the other trailers, the commentator said Ninja Gayden.

The early to mid 2010s also saw the rise of 2D or 2.5D brawlers. With a new rebirth starting between 2018-2020. Suck it gaming critics snd brawler haters.
Have huge respect for 2d brawlers since they were partial inspiration for dmc but the only ones I've played myself are the Simpsons game, and turtles in time, which btw I was HYPED got a remake

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Have huge respect for 2d brawlers since they were partial inspiration for dmc
It was more than partial, they were a big inspiration, not just the only one. DMC1 is almost the equivalent of Final Fight of how it brought a brand new standard to the genre or created a sub-genre, and brought new mechanics. Yet they're similarities to how they age over the years too.

turtles in time, which btw I was HYPED got a remake
What we make? Unless you're talking about Shredders Revenge. The game itself might as well be Turtles In Time 2, but without the time travel and way better mechanics.
but the only ones I've played myself are the Simpsons game, and turtles in time,
Let's change that:
  • The Streets of Rage series.
  • Undercover Cops (make sure that when you're using an arcade emulator, to get the Japanese version. Don't ever play the US version)
  • Violent Storm
  • The TakeOver
  • Final Vendetta
  • Fight n Rage
  • Zero Team
  • Guardian Heroes (XBLA/Sega Saturn)
  • Code Of Princess (3ds/Steam/Switch)
  • Ninja Baseball Batman

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
I feel Ni-oh took Ninja Gaiden's place but there was a rumor for a reboot a while ago.

So you never know.

It would be funny if NT gets tapped to do it.
Honestly wouldn't even mind ninja theory being put on another action game reboot, I feel they have the chopps for it most definitely. Just don't need the IP holders down their throats refusing to let them bring any of the original charm

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Ninja theory games will all be locked into the xbox and pc ecosystem though so that may limit the amount that plays it unless you count xcloud

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Honestly wouldn't even mind ninja theory being put on another action game reboot, I feel they have the chopps for it most definitely. Just don't need the IP holders down their throats refusing to let them bring any of the original charm
That's just the price of being a freelancer. Whatever the medium, unless you create it yourself, you would have to compromise your vision for the almighty dollar.

After DmC they might prefer doing their own material than rebooting. But you never know if Microsoft would tap them to reboot its back catalogue.

Here's hoping they have more luck next time.

Surprisingly they haven't done a game about ninjas so Ninja Gaiden could scratch that niche.

Nor it's not the first reboot Ninja Gaiden went through.

@ef9dante_oSsshea
Sadly I have neither but I will support them in spirit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom