• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Witcher Remake on Way

Dark Drakan

Admin
11.jpg

In more good news for the 'Retro' gaming crowd, CD Projekt Reds The Witcher (2007) is getting a full remake in Unreal Engine 5 as announced by them and Fools Theory.

As someone who didnt get chance to play the original game in the trilogy I am very happy about this news.​

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
A remake that makes sense. I actually approve. Gameplay mechanics and voice acting do need an update, combat needs more player input but I hope they don't simplify alchemy and they keep the atmosphere intact.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Ok. Not Witcher 3 but 1. That’s— ‘cause I was about to loose my s+(%&. Another remake of a game that is not that old? But this is fine. W1 is pretty old now. Slap that 4K on it.

The Witcher 3 is was already getting a free next gen update (announced back in 2020) it was delayed due to the Cyberpunk 2077 controversy and CD Projekt Red concentrating resources on that but this particular announcement was for the original from 2007.

'The next-gen Witcher 3 update promises ray tracing and improved visuals on PS5 and Xbox Series X, plus similar visual updates on PC. The update is set to be a free upgrade for anyone who already owns an old-gen version of the game, and will also come alongside a new 'Complete Collection' release. A set of free DLC packs inspired by the Witcher Netflix series is also set to accompany the release.'​

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Oh no. This can go wrong very easily.

Jesus man, devs need to understand that open world isn't necessarily better for everything. This fad has become a little annoying now.

The first game was absolutely fine as a more linear game. It still had areas to explore, and the quest design benefitted from it, especially a certain major quest involving the tower of the swamp.

This game needs to feel like The Witcher 1. Not The Witcher 3 but with TW1's story.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Seems they are just connecting the playable zones so u can freely travel between them

That isn't really a bad thing if done right, just an upgrade in map tech

Dark Drakan

Admin
Seems they are just connecting the playable zones so u can freely travel between them

That isn't really a bad thing if done right, just an upgrade in map tech

I didnt play the original but based on what I read in some reports this is pretty much it. It has been said they are removing the need to load between sections so the map feels seamless by connecting the zones in an open world style.

Top Bottom