• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Using more than one mod?

zoROBSTARoz

Hi i'm new to modding and made a pretty sick skull coat, I started doing a sword and got both textures running but now ive done a new vest with gloves and can't get them all running at the same time? =S Sorry if this is so stupid but i can't find anything on running multiple mods at the same time?

Thanks,

zoROBSTARoz

When making my mods i was exporting a lot of textures and only editing say the coat or gloves (separate files)

So while making a vest re-texture i also had the default coat texture being saved into the Log. When trying to use one of my coats and the vest, the default coat texture was "ontop" of mine.
Now i only edit and make one texture mod at a time so people can use their mods and mix and match at will.

In texmod all you have to do is select the mods you want and run.

You can run multiple mods as long as they don't conflict, for example you can have a .tpf with modded gloves, shoes and another with a modded coat but you can't have two mods where one changes the gloves and another the vest because they replace the same file.

Jrimmer

Something I noticed about Texmod is that it loads Packages from the bottom up. So which ever package you have on the top will override the packages below it. Please note that it will only override other packages that edit the same texture. For example if I had two edited coats, the .tpf of the coat on top would override the coat below (you would only see the top coat in game). I thought you had to manually select which package you wanted to run and then press "Run." That isn't the case, it just loads them all.

Top Bottom