• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's return

Vspawn

Vergil's back! Although not confirmed everyone is very much convinced that the hooded guy is definitely vergil. We know he came back for Nero's arm and it seems took him down with relative ease and took his devil bringer. We do see that he looks visibly grotesque and possibly not as strong as he was. Its quite likely that he thinks nero's devil bringer might be the key to get his power back. We know devil bringer is definitely connected to vergil, so its pretty safe to say that it might have some of his remnant power. One thing we didn't see was yamato! some people have speculated that you can see its scabbard on vergil so that must mean he acquired that from nero before he ripped his arm off. Nero also mentioned kyrie during that scene, so she must also have been involved that time. Here are some thoughts/questions that is left from the trailer:

1. Details of vergil coming back. Why, when and how is he back? Could be that he came through when the demonic structure emerged through a rift in the demon/human world. Some people speculate that he is the big baddie of the game, I'm not too sure that he is, because I highly doubt capcom's gonna bring vergil back just to have him being defeated/killed again at the end of the game. Its more likely he is gonna be an antihero throughout the game. He will be an antagonist until nero gets to him for revenge but then I guess they'll make up and he's gonna go all darth vader on nero and actually return his arm instead of cutting the other off. As to why he is back? He is a power driven character and the easy answer is that he is back to get more power. But I have a hunch that he wants redemption for losing to both mundus and dante, by going against the red demon we saw. He might even have his own mission that may take him to meet sparda? Who knows?

2. Where's Kyrie? Kidnapped? dead? Chilling at home, trying to get into Nero's phone to see if he's ****ing Nico? again not much info at all. I personally think she is kidnapped by vergil and could be a way for the story to establish a more human side to vergil, eventually being the person to bring vergil around to accept nero as his son. Story wise it would be great to have kyrie as his hostage, trying to connect to her "father in law", kind of like the girl in DMC 3 manga.

So yeah, those are my thoughts. Please feel free to criticise.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Vergil's back! Although not confirmed everyone is very much convinced that the hooded guy is definitely vergil. We know he came back for Nero's arm and it seems took him down with relative ease and took his devil bringer. We do see that he looks visibly grotesque and possibly not as strong as he was. Its quite likely that he thinks nero's devil bringer might be the key to get his power back. We know devil bringer is definitely connected to vergil, so its pretty safe to say that it might have some of his remnant power. One thing we didn't see was yamato! some people have speculated that you can see its scabbard on vergil so that must mean he acquired that from nero before he ripped his arm off. Nero also mentioned kyrie during that scene, so she must also have been involved that time. Here are some thoughts/questions that is left from the trailer:

1. Details of vergil coming back. Why, when and how is he back? Could be that he came through when the demonic structure emerged through a rift in the demon/human world. Some people speculate that he is the big baddie of the game, I'm not too sure that he is, because I highly doubt capcom's gonna bring vergil back just to have him being defeated/killed again at the end of the game. Its more likely he is gonna be an antihero throughout the game. He will be an antagonist until nero gets to him for revenge but then I guess they'll make up and he's gonna go all darth vader on nero and actually return his arm instead of cutting the other off. As to why he is back? He is a power driven character and the easy answer is that he is back to get more power. But I have a hunch that he wants redemption for losing to both mundus and dante, by going against the red demon we saw. He might even have his own mission that may take him to meet sparda? Who knows?

2. Where's Kyrie? Kidnapped? dead? Chilling at home, trying to get into Nero's phone to see if he's ****ing Nico? again not much info at all. I personally think she is kidnapped by vergil and could be a way for the story to establish a more human side to vergil, eventually being the person to bring vergil around to accept nero as his son. Story wise it would be great to have kyrie as his hostage, trying to connect to her "father in law", kind of like the girl in DMC 3 manga.

So yeah, those are my thoughts. Please feel free to criticise.

I would hope Kyrie was kidnapped by Vergil and maybe see development of Kyrie's character. Hopefully.

DarkSlayer54

For now, I'm thinking Dante knocked some sense into Nelo Angelo after beating him the third time. Probably flew to a nearby island, and spent some time there fighting over his own control. Without Mundus's influence, he was probably able to piece himself back together just enough to set his goal on obtaining power.

I fully expect him to still be corrupt, though. As far as the canon goes right now, Vergil died against Mundus, and whatever lived on inside Nelo Angelo is just a portion of his former self... so I definitely hope he'll be the main antagonist. I want to see him recover as well, but I just think it's pretty darn interesting for his story to have a rock bottom portion to it. By the end of the game, I'm hoping he'll be on track to become his former self... once in awhile, helping Dante purely to test his power against stronger demons.

Vspawn

He does try to mess with people's feelings sometimes. In DMC3 he does.
It doesn't really seem like nero's out to rescue kyrie in the trailer and neither does he show any extreme feeling of hatred towards vergil, and that kinda rules out kyrie being kidnapped or dead. She's probably chilling. I would like a character that focuses entirely on vergil/nero's character development though.

Top Bottom