• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Playing "Pokémon Sword" since it's fantasy UK and I'm a veteran 'mon fan so it's only natural. :happy:

They're definitely continuing to switch up the formula even if Gym Battles have returned. It's a lot of fun to play through so far~ :thumbsup:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I can't recall if I've said this, but currently playing Nioh after another long gaming break. Feeling quite confident about it. First time ever I'm able to say that I'm pretty good in a game that is considered fairly difficult.

Still, I'm constantly catching myself humming the Freed From This Mortal Coil theme (the death theme), which I'm already able to do by heart. :D

(Today I learned it's not a good idea to run face first into the blade of a huge axe while dodging a Japanese folklore monster)

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Remnant from the ashes , played it solo almost the whole way through

But think I'll need coop for the final boss , or at least I'll have to upgrade my gear and traits

Goldsickle

Now on to the remasters of Bioshock.

Gonna play with a phone next to me, so I can find all the accursed "audio logs".

berto

I Saw the Devil
Afterparty. I'm older than most so I am at the tipping point of starting to want to slap every person that talks like they do in this game. I don't do it because my generation was born between these tools and the tools that produced them.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Star Wars - Jedi: Fallen Order.

This game raises questions for me. First of all, it's being great so far. But more importantly, you guys know that I always talk about how I find DMC's combat system to be the undisputedly superior one in the action game genre, and that I attribute that status to the design behind it, revolving around single moves being chained together in a seemless string rather than having dial-a-combo as the center of the system.

Now Fallen Order comes along, which is not even a hack and slash in the same vein DMC is, and yet it adopts the same kind of philosophy, despite a slightly different implementation. Respawn understood the key for it: cancels. Cancels cancels cancels cancels. Dodge cancel, jump cancel, weapon switch cancel, block cancel, they got it. And virtually no DAC inputs to be found, besides the couple of pause combos (like DMC's).

Now the question is... Why in the **** does Respawn Entertainment, a first person shooter developer, for God's sake, understand this while pretty much all of the actual action game devs STILL shove the DAC system in our faces? It doesn't make any sense to me, but I'm sure glad SOMEONE other than Capcom makes games like that. Well done, Respawn.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Now the question is... Why in the **** does Respawn Entertainment, a first person shooter developer, for God's sake, understand this while pretty much all of the actual action game devs STILL shove the DAC system in our faces? It doesn't make any sense to me, but I'm sure glad SOMEONE other than Capcom makes games like that. Well done, Respawn.

You make hilarious and important point. Even I never thought something like that would be possible.

Playing The Takeover. A great brawler that is almost exactly like Streets of Rage. Something to tide me over until Streets of Rage 4 comes out. There are total of 4 characters (the 4th character has to be unlocked beating the game the first time). You have a punch button, a kick button, a special button (drains health if connects), and a jump button. Right trigger pulls out your gun, and you press the punch button to shoot, but you remain stationary. The punch and kick buttons have an up command, forward command, and a down command ending your combos in specific ways. You want to use the up commando to keep enemies juggled in the air. There is also a super meter and rage meter you can fill by continously doing combos without getting hit. Getting hit brings down your super meter, if it's not already filled. The super meter is just screen clearing move while the rage meter works similar to the tension meter in God Hand. In rage mode, you do double the damage, and automatically block attacks.

I'm going to buy it again--hopefully with a physical release--on consoles.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
You make hilarious and important point. Even I never thought something like that would be possible.

Ex Call of Duty developers making a technical action game combat system... Had you told me that before, I would have laughed in your face. Yet here we are, where they get to school "specialized" devs on how to do that stuff.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Couldn't resist. I have to share you this. :D

So beautiful.
Don't worry about the audio, the relevant parts are translated.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Ex Call of Duty developers making a technical action game combat system... Had you told me that before, I would have laughed in your face. Yet here we are, where they get to school "specialized" devs on how to do that stuff.
That Star Wars team was being led by the same guy who developed GOW3. That's how. Stig understood cancels, even though GOW games didn't really have cancels, but they understood it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Samurai Showdown (2019). This is the best fighting game of the year for me! What like about SS, is that the game is not about laying multiple combos, but knowing when to strike and land succesful blows. I love how you have three different supers, dodge, parry, catching a sword if you're unarmed (a staple since the first game). There is a deep risk/reward system with the combat. It's the first in a long time, that I will dedicate a lot of my time to a fighting game. Most fighting games I don't touch anymore, due to time or lack of interests. I am blessed to have SamSho back, and that is how you do a reboot right.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Code Vein. Good but not really worth keeping around. I'm going to beat it and trade it in. There are a few games I'm really hoping to get soon.

Top Bottom