• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Destiny 2 - bit disappointed with the Dawning this year; last year the Tower looked better, imo.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Hitman 2. >:3

Already played it before? How're you finding it?

I haven't finished it yet, but I play it in little chunks here and there. I like it, I just think some of the side missions (particularly the ones where things show up at random and don't appear on the map but you still have to go find them) kinda drag a bit. It's a little less story-focused than the original trilogy and more exploration-focused (which makes sense when considering the plot), but I am a little salty at how quickly your life support goes down considering how much exploration there is (particularly on one super cold planet) and how the car thing doesn't replenish it. Otherwise I've found it really enjoyable.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I played and just beat the Visual Novel "Raging Loop". Uh, how to describe it? Y'know that tabletop game "Werewolf" where a character is a wolf and every night (round) they kill a player and the remaining ones have to suss out who is human and who is the lying wolf before all the human players are killed?

Yeah, it basically took that tabletop game and made it into a horror story where a young college graduate runs away from home and gets lost in the mountains only to stumble across a remote village plagued by a "werewolf" and during the day he has to argue his innocence to avoid being hanged whilst during the night stay alive against the supernatural horrors.

A really good Visual Novel. You can tell it was originally a phone game whose unexpected success caused it to be ported to consoles/PC as the limited number of sprites, songs and background CGs give it away...but the story, characters and horror/mystery are so great that it really doesn't matter. Really strong despite the decline of the genre, definitely recommended for fans who enjoyed stuff like - Dangan Ronpa , Higurashi/Umineko and maybe Ace Attorney.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Haven’t played anything this year yet (busy time at work) however I have reinstalled Ark as I don’t think I gave it enough of a chance to make an impression when I first played it years ago.

Though gave it a quick try and still don’t think I’m getting along with it.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Finally bit the bullet and started death stranding

Very unusual game , lot of cool elements

But the gameplay feels like it's missing a lot

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Shadow Warrior 2 - Finally got a chance to play this game. I was always waiting for a good sale, and PSN has this for $9.99 until the 17th. Definitely, better than the Shadow Warrior (2013). The pacing I felt was too slow in the beginning the controls didn't gel with me. I'm still early, but this open-world looter shooter I find way more interesting than any of the Borderlands. Lo Wang is hilarious and has some of the best wisecracks and lines in an FPS. He is high up there with Grayson Hunt and Serious Sam. This game should of had a physical release like the first game. I would proudly put on my gaming bin with the likes of Doom (2016) and Titanfall 2.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I've been playing the witness. It's rather fascinating. Part of the game is figuring out what the puzzle actually is and the other other is actually solving them. While I didn't actually youtube the solutions I did look up what one or two puzzles were. That is, in itself, cheating, so I'm a bit disappointed I wasn't able to figure some of them out on my own. It's still a challenge, even if you know what the puzzles are but I was hoping to get passed this without any help, nonetheless.

I also gave Death End Request a go and... Nothing yet. It's fine but nothing outstanding. I'm still at the start of the game so I'm hoping to get groove before long.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Just finished Wanted: Weapons of Fate. A decent Gears clone with a good slide in to cover mechanic. The game has definitely showed its age. The game plays like a prototype version of Vanquish, but without the dedicated rocket slide button. I did not buy this game back in 09, and I;m glad I did not buy it at $60. I like short games, but Wanted is even shorter than a COD campaign. They should have priced the game at $30 instead. I bought my copy on Thursday for $3.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Just finished Wanted: Weapons of Fate. A decent Gears clone with a good slide in to cover mechanic. The game has defintely showed its age. The game plays like a prototype version of Vanquishm, but without the dedicated rocket slide button. I did not buy this game back in 09, and I;m glad I did not buy it at $60. I like short games, but Wanted is even shorter than a COD campagin. They should have priced the game at $30 instead. I bought my copy on Thursday for $3.
Ah, I remember Wanted. You got a free copy of the movie when you bought the game too. Those were the days...

Man, I loved that game - plugged far too many hours into playing it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Ah, I remember Wanted. You got a free copy of the movie when you bought the game too. Those were the days...

I forgot about that pre-order. That explains the $60.00. $40.00 for the game; $20.00 for the DVD. Midway did the exact same thing for Stranglehold on PC/360/PS3. I prefer Stranglehold though. That game I clocked in about 70-80 hours. I never cared for the multiplayer, and only done about two sessions. It wasn't great, and what sucks is half of the other achievements are tied to multiplayer. Wanted has the advantage of having no multiplayer achievements.

I saw Wanted in theaters with my family, but did not buy the DVD until almost 10 years later. The movie I got for $3 bucks too.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Ended coming back to Secret World legends and now im really rocking in that MMO since i use strategies same as one i got learned from FF XIV on term using better weapons all time

Dark Drakan

Admin
Still playing Destiny 2 with Steve & Angel anytime I have some free time and occasionally DayZ if I have a less time free and want to casually play something.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Playing Ninja Saviors again. Finally, I am getting the hang of Yaksha: THE DUMMY TH1CC robot ninja in white! She's a grappler and technical type character. Definitely tough to use, but once you get the hang of her move set, Yaksha becomes arguably the best character in the game.

Dot_Yaksha.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

berto

I Saw the Devil
Been playing some point & click adventures on the PS4. There was a sale on PSN so I picked up a few. Clockwork Tales, Lost Grimoires, Grim Legends. Story wise, graphics wise and general production wise they're not very good, but they have a certain charm to them. Some of them have decent music, art and can even be a bit ingenious in terms of story concept. I actually platinumed 1 in a day.

Top Bottom