• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

Meg

NBA2K 2019- I don’t know what I’m doing but it’s fun. Also playing The Pathless- I do know what I’m doing and it’s a great game!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I played some Shredder's Revenge as Splinter this time. I unlocked some more achievements and forgot about the secret ending, if you find all the characters and unlock complete all of their side quests. It's a neat and heartwarming extra ending. There was more Turtlemania last night going through the CB Collection again. I played Tournament Fighters (NES) last night. Not bad, and probably the best fighting game on the NES.

Dr. Cheesesteak

- Resident Evil Village
- Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered
- Monster Train
- Little Noah: Scion of Paradise
- Super Bullet Break
- Samurai Shodown (2019)
- Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Them's Fightin' Herds

So the 2 groups that are easy to summarize are the fighting games and roguelites. I'm only doing story modes in SamSho and labbing in DBFZ, awaiting both to get rollback netcode. TFH I'm actually taking more serious and playing online on occasion. I need to do it more.

I've been in a big roguelite mood recently and the 3 above (Monster Train, Noah, SBB) I chose simply b/c they keep run history stats and have very thorough collection encyclopedias. Something I value in roguelites, being a history graduate and somewhat semi-OCD about archiving stuff (i.e., stat keeping). And, well, they're good games, too. :D

But the 2 big boys up there are Spider-Man and RE8. I'm loving both. I'm 20+ hrs into Spidey and just started Part 3, so I think I'm close to the end. There are some things I do no like about it (OP Demon enemies, some crazy traversal controls for Spidey, etc), but overall, it's been a great open world game that pays a lot of respect to Spider-Man.

RE8 I'm only a few hours in, but I love it. Lady D as a stalker, so far, isn't as scary as Mr. X or Jack Baker in RE2make or RE7 respectively. But she still has an imposing presence. Opening a door and seeing her right in front of me ducking through is quite jarring. Her daughters' encounters are fairly simple and straight forward, after figuring out with the first one you can't fight them traditionally. But there are some real good design choices on guiding the player on how - and WHERE - to fight them. The dialog/character logic so far doesn't seem as good as it was in RE7 or RE2make (using those as main comparisons, as part of the "new RE games"), but the overall plot and story seems really interesting so far. Eager to continue playing and finishing in time for the DLC.

Dr. Cheesesteak

I played some Shredder's Revenge as Splinter this time. I unlocked some more achievements and forgot about the secret ending, if you find all the characters and unlock complete all of their side quests. It's a neat and heartwarming extra ending. There was more Turtlemania last night going through the CB Collection again. I played Tournament Fighters (NES) last night. Not bad, and probably the best fighting game on the NES.
I didn't know about the secret ending. Does it prompt just by beating the game, after having completed all the side characters' quests? I may have completed their quests after I got the original 7 endings. :unsure:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I didn't know about the secret ending. Does it prompt just by beating the game, after having completed all the side characters' quests?
Yes. It prompts immediately after the credits, and whatever character(s) you are playing as first. Then the little ending shows up with all of the sider characters together at the Statue of Liberty. You're either missing a character you have not found yet, or you're missing one of their items from the respective side quests.

Dr. Cheesesteak

Metal hellsinger on xbox series x, it is a lot of fun
It is! If my hand was in better shape, I'd love to have played it more, beat the first boss and uninstalled. My mouse hand gets strained pretty easily from my office job most days, so I'm sort of relegated to just playing any games w/ a mouse on weekends. And, well...other shooters have priority over it for some time.

My new, rotation:

- Resident Evil Village
- Judgment
- ANNO: Mutationem
- Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars
- Little Noah: Scion of Paradise
- Super Bullet Break
- Samurai Shodown (2019)
- Them's Fightin' Herds

I likely would have finished RE8 by now if not for aforementioned hand problem. I'm also streaming it and had stream problems this weekend, setting back play time even more. I should just not care about streaming the full playthrough, but I sort of made a commitment to it. The roguelites (Little Noah and SBB) are I'm just playing for filler runs when I'm not feeling any other game.

The new games are all...good to very awesome. ANNO is solid. Voice of Cards is chill. But Judgment... Judgment is just amazing. It's just my second Yakuza/Like a Dragon game after Yakuza 7. The story and writing is great. All the other little minigame stuff, every day life stuff, etc is good as expected. A true gem that really catapults RGG Studio up my favorite list.

Meg

I've just been replaying the entirity of the DMC series over and over for the last three months straight. Someone please help me, my video games crops are dying. OTL
*waters your crops for you*

I’m playing AC3 again as part of my replay of all the Assassin’s Creed games. I’m also playing Pokemon Legends: Arceus and something else? The fact I forget what that third game is tells you a lot about how into I was.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Fight n' Rage
Cowabunga Collection
Final Vendetta
Streets of Rage 4

I might pop in Gungrave later this weekend for a fun round again.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Currently in the home stretch of Golden Sun: The Lost Age. Gotta say, it's pretty fun. It was GF's first ever JRPG as a kid so she's briming throughout the whole thing. I managed to sneak in the first 2 Dragon Quest games before our playthrough, but returning to that well is going to be an ordeal.

Dr. Cheesesteak

Currently in the home stretch of Golden Sun: The Lost Age. Gotta say, it's pretty fun. It was GF's first ever JRPG as a kid so she's briming throughout the whole thing. I managed to sneak in the first 2 Dragon Quest games before our playthrough, but returning to that well is going to be an ordeal.
I'd really love to go back and play the Golden Sun games.
I decided to replay the batman arkham games, because they are just that good i will never get tired of them
I recently played the 2018 Spider-Man Remastered game. It was good, despite some real annoying parts. But it ultimately made me just long for Rocksteady and their Arkham games. Insomniac did a great job emulating various Arkham features and mechanics. Arkham games were still just better overall, imo.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm up to Chapter 7 in FF15.

Ff15's open world is iffy. It's a way to do grinding but the story picks up after a few chapters. So you wanna barrel through the story rather than travel. But it's a common issue with open world games.

Combat is fun but hectic. They swapped some buttons so my time playing Fallen Order leaves me to forget what the Square button does.

The Terra Wars DLC was a fun diversion. I get why people ship Noctis and Sarah.

Crashing the Regalia hurt...:(.

Top Bottom