• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

Dr. Cheesesteak

Another long list again :cautious:

Judgment
Resident Evil 8
Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars
ANNO: Mutationem
Devil Spire
Sol Cresta
Session: Skate Sim
Samurai Shodown
Skullgirls 2nd Encore
Them's Fightin' Herds

Started up Sol Cresta and Devil Spire today. I think these will be the last new 2022 games I buy for the year. I have plenty of stuff coming "free" on PC Game Pass.

Sol Cresta is a 2D vertical shmup by PlatinumGames. It's cool. The graphics aren't as good in-person as they seemed in pics somehow lol. I was aware it was part of the Terra Cresta series, but I wasn't aware there was a decent amount of lore to it. Luckily the game recaps the previous games in the series.

Devil Spire is a roguelike/lite first-person dungeon crawler, akin to King's Field. I never heard of it until I read an article about some newer games that are using the King's Field formula. It's...interesting. Definitely has an old-school feel. I have yet to figure out how to beat any first boss as they just absolutely nuke me. And yes, it is both a roguelike and roguelite, as you can play true roguelike mode or enable permanent upgrades mode.

My main focus is still Judgment and now Session: Skate Sim. But the above list are games that got in some play time this past week.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
To get prepped for Halloween I played House Of The Dead Remake again on Switch. There is now touching control, but I'm probably never going to use those. The game controls a lot better now and I have it to a custom setting that works for me. The game is on sale on PS4 at the price of $19.99. the sale ends October 13th. There's Move support, so if you have a move controller or several feel free to use it.

I've been going through the Beat'em Up Bundle again. I played some rounds of Final Fight and Battle Circuit. I have to say King of Dragons and Warriors of Fate (I can't even remember the Japanese name) are weakest of the collection. KoD at least moves at a fast pace despite the limited move sets. WoF on the other hand tends to drag, and is only fun when you do co-op. Otherwise, it only feels like Final Fight 1.75. This game while having weapon and enemy variety, took out dashing (unless you're on horseback) and only has slightly more moves than FFi. This came out after Captain Commando. CC allows universal dashing, and this would only get perfected later Capcom brawlers and BC especially.

Captain Commando is what I love about gaming and Capcom in the 90s. Go crazy to standout. You have an alien mummy that dual wields poisonous knives, a cyborg, a ninja, and a genius baby piloting a mini-mech as your roster of playable characters. Battle Circuit only went even further with the wackiness, that it makes CC look grounded by comparison. CC is basically the second Final Fight, before the actual official sequel. The game does take place in Metro City's far future of 2026, therefore sharing continuity with Street Fighter and Final Fight.

One question that is never far from mind: How the hell did Capcom get away with Carol and Brenda?

7.png

1164878-capcomcarol.png

Annalyn is when you cross Mario, Donkey Kong (Jr.), Miner 2049er, and Pac-Man together. It's a single screen arcade style platformer that came out last year, but is remake of a game that came out in 2016. How did I not know about this?! The game is not that long and has 16 stages total, but there are tons of bonuses for beating the game. You can unlock alternate color palettes by getting perfect bonuses (annoying how you're supposed to do that your first time through and only gets harder to achieve in later levels), a random mode, practice mode, and some cool cheats. Fun game and is not expensive to buy.

I tried the Moonrider demo, and it is awesome. Straight up Shinobi III 90s ninja **** right there! There are only two stages, and the demo period ends on October 10th. Why make it a time demo? Advertise this game! I hope this comes to other consoles and Switch especially. Moonrider is a definite buy for me whenever it comes out this fall.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Episode Ignis.

It's probably my favorite so far.

Not gonna lie, I wish these three dlc was set during the 10 year gap.

I wished he use the grappling hook as a weapon.

The Ravus boss fight is my favorite so far.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Ninja Gaiden Sigma. I actually played a little bit in college at a friend's dorm, but not much otherwise. Ninja Gaiden Black I do own, but the save file is gone, and I barely got that far from the beginning. Wish me luck.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I completed the first two chapters NGS. I can see how this is the most DMC1-like of the franchise. The camera angels, exploration, and maps you can pick up to explore the areas. I do know many of the puzzles and complicated platforming was taken out in this version, but that does not bother me too much. I am trying some of the ninja trials now.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Episode Ardyn. I decided to play it before I finish the game. Its different than what I expected. It's fun being bad lol.

Episode Ardyn does make Ardyn sympathetic and a foil for Noctis. But you don't really forgive him at the end. You get why he did it but you condemn it all the same.

Last edited:

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Destiny 2 and Wildlands on and off. Fancying a bit of Minecraft Java at some point as well.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Finished Uncharted 3 just now, it started off a bit wobby for me, the french manor scene was a bit ridiculous, but I thought it ended strongly enough. Now we're moving onto the much anticipated Uncharted 4.

Top Bottom