• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I'm currently playing three games - The Movies (PC), Overlord 2(PC) and the Dawnguard expansion for Skyrim.

Overlord 2 is a lot of fun but they still have that minion problem from the previous game whereby not all the minions obey you and hang around your ankles doing nothing. But I love it all the same - only reason I gave up on the first one was a glitch that never got patched on the 360 and I couldn't progress any further.

The Movies is something I'll dip in and out of - despite its age it's a fantastic game and very advanced considering. Currently I suck at making films but then I did hire some of the stroppiest stars in history, it would appear.

Completed Dawnguard as a vampire lord and now I'm going to try and get in with the other side; shame I'm about 30 levels behind what I need to be in order to kill a legendary dragon but it's a very attractive-looking expansion and whilst it's not as big as Shivering Isles was for Oblivion, I feel like I've spent an acceptable amount for it. Love how I go on a killing rampage as a vampire lord and have the guards of a city fighting on MY side.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Completed Dawnguard as a vampire lord and now I'm going to try and get in with the other side; shame I'm about 30 levels behind what I need to be in order to kill a legendary dragon but it's a very attractive-looking expansion and whilst it's not as big as Shivering Isles was for Oblivion, I feel like I've spent an acceptable amount for it. Love how I go on a killing rampage as a vampire lord and have the guards of a city fighting on MY side.

Dawnguard on PC WHEN BETHESDA?! WHEN?! -bangs fist on table-

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
No no no - panic not! It's on 360 only still. Which is why I didn't state a platform because I figured some smartarse would pipe up with "duh - it's only on 360, n00b"

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
No no no - panic not! It's on 360 only still. Which is why I didn't state a platform because I figured some smartarse would pipe up with "duh - it's only on 360, n00b"

That was my point, I'm still bitter that Bethesda hasn't released it on PC yet.

-cries-
I wanna be a Iorveth vampire elf damn it.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
That was my point, I'm still bitter that Bethesda hasn't released it on PC yet.

-cries-
I wanna be a Iorveth vampire elf damn it.
Lawl - my mistake :D

I thought they'd do the whole 30 days later thing but...nah. One can only hope it's because the PC version is going to look and play so much better that 360's will spontaneously combust out of sheer inferiority :troll:

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Lawl - my mistake :D

I thought they'd do the whole 30 days later thing but...nah. One can only hope it's because the PC version is going to look and play so much better that 360's will spontaneously combust out of sheer inferiority :troll:

And just as I'm going on about it, Dawnguard drops on Steam.
£14 however, would you say it's worth it?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Personally as a huge Skyrim/Oblivion fan I'd say yes but it may depend on how much you enjoy the game and whether you'd replay that part of it. I mean, I've finished the main quest for Skyrim 9 times and Dawnguard almost twice now - I'm not bored yet. With Oblivion, the Shivering Isles has been done about a million times now and I still just adore the whole area and all the little side missions it sends you on.

The chances of it being any cheaper are slim for a good while - if you can hold out until a GOTY or a sale then I would even if it means lopping off only a couple of quid. Just because I'm tight-fisted, of course. It doesn't detract from the main game not having the DLC and, unlike certain other RPGs out there, it doesn't screw up any real storylines. If you've already completed the main Skyrim quest it will make the odd reference here and there but nothing that makes you jump through hoops to get to a specific point. The only thing that will cross over for definite is *the elder scroll you get during the main quest-line and if you're a werewolf, then you have a choice to make as you cannot be both vampire and wolf* but again, very minor stuff.

My only gripe is the whole having to stay in third person thing, which I wish they'd have changed, but considering how powerful you can become as a vampire lord, I really don't care enough. I'm awesome and evil and no one can kill me.

tl;dr - I'd say it's worth it because I'm almost a fangirl. But if cash is tight or another full game is out there for a better price that you want, wait for a drop or GOTY.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?

Fair enough, thanks for the overview. I'll probably pick it up soon enough, though I'll most likely end up waiting for the bloody 20 graphical mods I've got installed to get updated so they don't clash with anything Dawnguard related before actually picking it up.
I figure it's something new to bring me back to Skyrim that isn't just mods, and Beth usually do a pretty decent job with their DLCs anyway, so yeah, methinks I'll end up buying it soon enough.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I've only experienced one major glitch with Skyrim and that's part of the Companions quest where you have to attend the funeral. I turn up...and it doesn't happen. Everyone just stands there being useless and you can't speak to the characters who also involve questline people such as the Jarl, Proventius and Danica whatever-her-name-is from the temple.

I also get an elder dragon's skeleton following me around attached to my ankle after I dumped some stuff in its carcass - I fast travel, it drops in behind me and usually scares the crap out of me. But this is only in one save out of about 8 - I'm not overly fussy about glitches in Bethesda games unless they are truly game-breaking and/or impede my progress/achievement hunting. I always found it really funny in Oblivion when the Imperial City guards would get angry with each other and start attacking one another, with their horses joining in. But that sort of thing can really annoy other people - it depends on the person, I guess.

KRSkull

I have been playing Skyrim but stopped because of a bug in the a Cornered Rat quest. i talk to him and he doesn't open the door.

recently i have been playing Nier and it is really good.

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
I have been playing Skyrim but stopped because of a bug in the a Cornered Rat quest. i talk to him and he doesn't open the door.

recently i have been playing Nier and it is really good.

Nier is a beautiful game with a stupidly awesome soundtrack :3 I'm suprised not many people have even heard of it. Broke my heart though.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Ended playtrough of Kamen Rider Rider Generation 2 on NDS. 100% on Characters, now playing trough bonus maps

Top Bottom