• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Got back into the division 2 and destiny 2 this weekend

Also finally played through anthems campaign, honestly don't see why it gets so much hate

Although I did play solo I guess

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Yesterday I gave a try for Nioh, which is my husband's favorite. I'm actually pretty proud of myself since I defeated the first boss (Derrick the Executioner) with a single try and zero damage :D My husband had to fight him for around 20 times.

If there were difficulty levels in Nioh, I would be suspicious about my husband secretly setting the game difficulty on easy mode... but it's not possible so I guess I have to believe it :laugh:

Guess it will be time for some more DMC too when I'm no longer ill :thumbsup:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Yesterday I gave a try for Nioh, which is my husband's favorite. I'm actually pretty proud of myself since I defeated the first boss (Derrick the Executioner) with a single try and zero damage :D My husband had to fight him for around 20 times.

If there were difficulty levels in Nioh, I would be suspicious about my husband secretly setting the game difficulty on easy mode... but it's not possible so I guess I have to believe it :laugh:

Guess it will be time for some more DMC too when I'm no longer ill :thumbsup:

So far it's going this well

:whistle:

(I definitely need to do something for the panic)

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Playing Rule The Waves right now. For those who do not know, it is a strategy naval game set around World War I. Select a country, design ships, build a fleet... It is another of those games which prove that graphics are the least important aspect of the game. So yeah, graphics are quite basic. But you have to understand strategy, tactics of the period; and since you are also responsible for designing your own fleet, you have to understand how different ship design aspects balance each other out. The armor-speed-firepower triangle; fewer heavy guns or more lighter guns; high or low armoured deck; high or low freeboard; etc., etc. And you also have to deal with politicians - and game does rather well at modelling politics of the period. You have to keep up prestige to prevent getting sacked, but that means you will have to fight wars.

You have more detailed reviews here:
https://jasonlefkowitz.net/2016/05/...various-strategic-problems-in-rule-the-waves/
https://knowthygameblog.wordpress.com/2016/05/20/a-sea-of-troubles-rule-the-waves/
https://www.subsim.com/2015/RTWaves.php
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/game/rule-the-waves/

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I just finished Sniper Elite 4. What an experience.

The whole game is like one beautiful italian story. The song, the sounds, the mechanics, etc. The controls aren't the best, but its okay, I guess, but I like the mechanics. I won't spoil it, but the mechanics help environmental gameplay. The graphics are good, but it's an old game, so of course it'll be rough in some places. That doesn't take away from the experience I had with the game. Good game overall, I'm surprised at how good the game turned out to be. :)

Protip: If you have a surround system, or a soundbar, I would use them. It won't have the same impact, so I suggest you use the sound system to the best of your ability.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
World war z , vigor , jump force , restarted Spiderman

Also playing control and remnant from the ashes

And the weekend I'll be playing blair witch and dark pictures man of Medan

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Man of Medan.

The stilted faux-American dialogue, uncanny valley faces and over the top QTEs...game of the year right here. :laugh:

That said, I did enjoy it a lot more than Until Dawn.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Replaying Red Dead Redemption 2 on PS4. *Spoiler warning if you still haven't played it* I took Arthur for granted the first time around, and rushed the first few chapters because I guessed, correctly, that John Marston would be playable at the end similar to how Jack Marston takes the role of the playable character in the first game's epilogue, I was just like "Come on, I wanna play as John!". By the time I got to play as John I was just like "Huh.......I miss Arthur"

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well let's see here, CTR Nitro-Fueled, then we got a little spooky with RE7, then suddenly Superman busted onto the scene with Injustice 2 and finally we ended the night with PS4 Spider-Man. No pattern here whatsoever!

Top Bottom