• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

berto

I Saw the Devil
I just beat the W101 the other day and, by GOD, Is this game amazing! I haven't laughed and forcefully had to stop playing a game to go to sleep in so long. That and I have never seen a developer love themselves as much as Platinum Games does. There are references, mechanics and visuals from DMC, VJ, Okami, Bayonetta, Vanquish, and probably other P+ games I haven't played. I love this game and I am so happy I got to play it.

Goldsickle

Completed Mega Man Zero 3 with A rank on every single mission (a couple of retries needed, since I got B in some of them).

I think it was a little easier, since you start right at the beginning with all your weapon skills available, instead of needing to level up the three-hit Saber combos or the charging attacks.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I've been playing Streets of Rage 4 for the last couple of weeks. One of my favorite beat'em ups right now.

Pros
  • Multiple playable characters.
  • 12 stages that don't manage to drag or outstay their welcome.
  • The soundtrack is great and it got me dancing! I know it won't be as memorable as the first two games, but there was clear effort. Don't know what people were talking about it being serviceable or forgettable.
  • Multiple weapon types.
  • So much unlockables.
  • Does the SOR legacy justice!
Cons
  • I partially take back what I said. I can see why people were upset of the removal the universal run or dash. I can find easy exploit most of the time, but it does not make it less annoying. Especially when certain enemies or bosses will start moon walking away from you with only Adam or Cherry able to keep up with their dedicated dashes.
  • **** the knife Galsias! There even worse than the original trilogy. I remember in the dojo section, they all stun locked me after getting an extra life only to lose it. Also, the guys with the cybernetic legs, elite mook patrol officer w/taser that can insta-grab, and the biker chicks can all go to hell. I know how to deal with them, but it does no make it all the more irritating.
  • The game was clearly built for co-op even though you can beat the game in single player. This is more so Mania mode I am talking about.

Overall, great game. I give it a full price or high sale. The game is on a partial sale now on all platforms. So I highly recommend you get this. I've tried online and the majority of sessions I've done are mostly stable. There were some games where the ping was so bad, I or the other person had to quit.

I've beaten arcade mode (twice on hard; once on normal) and it acts more like the traditional Streets of Rage, except in the older games you got multiple continues. In 4's arcade mode, you only get the one you started with. Let me know if any one of you wants to do a co-op session.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Death Stranding

Chapter 8 ends in a fun platformer and Chapter 9 has 2 fun boss fights. I lol'd at Higgs saying "give me more power".

Chapter 10 looks like its gonna be such a pain.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Another thing I forgot to mention, SOR4 has a style meter of sorts and dynamic music. You wanna know how to get the highest scores and S ranks. Don't get it when going for large combos. Sometimes it's best to let the combo meter reset and you get a bonus score for the amount of hits you make, and the damage you dealt. Weapons and throwing bottomless pits are a big help in this regard.

Goldsickle

Completed Mega Man Zero series =0

I've only truly watched entire playthroughs on YouTube, since I don't have a GBA, DS & 3DS in succession but it's nice to finally experience the whole series, even though the game is seriously dated.
Contact damage means that there's too much unnecessary precision and screw ups, like needing to be close enough to the enemy to hit them with a blade but not so close that you get inflicted with the fast-acting AIDS/cancer/coronavirus that the enemy is carrying from physical contact.

Goldsickle

The Biometals has anti-sodomy countermeasures.

Due to the reinforced spine of the transformed suit, the person who has transformed using the biometal can never be forced to crouch or bend over, preventing unwanted sodomy from deviant Mavericks.

But seriously, though...
Why is it in Mega Man ZX, I can crouch and crawl when I'm not transformed but can't do so when I use a biometal?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order is the only game ive had time to play in a long time

How are you liking it?

For me it was better than any of the newer movies.

Currently playing Resident Evil 5 Mercenaries with the gf. After years of just getting “S” rank with all characters and restarting we’re now finally going for “SS”. Not sure why we never bothered before lol

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Really enjoying it actually, performance wise its still a little on the rough side in regards to frame drops and how it loads but outside of a technical perspective what I have played so far is really good.

Yeah I completely see where you’re coming from on that. You’ll have to let me know what your overall thoughts were when you finish it and what you thought of the story.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Yeah I completely see where you’re coming from on that. You’ll have to let me know what your overall thoughts were when you finish it and what you thought of the story.

May be some time before I finish it (dont have a lot of time to game at moment) but I shall be sure to do that. So far I am liking the style and atmosphere and the parts of story that I have seen so far are interesting and rather well done. Lack of fast travel is a real pain though and wasted around an hour trying to find my way back to my ship on Zeffo.

Last edited:

Goldsickle

Mega Man ZX seems to be the "relaxing Mega Man" experience that I have missed.

The Zero series is just too anal with the ranking crap.
Even though I could finish both Zero 3 & 4 with A ranks for every mission, I still like how I don't feel like I'm being judge when playing ZX.

But the "level 4 victory" thing can get ridiculous sometimes.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Warhammer 40,000 inquisition, like these kinds of games

Can't wait for the ascent on series x

Love path of exile, divinity original sin and baldurs gate type games aswell

Goldsickle

I take back what I said about ZX being a "relaxing Mega Man experience".

While the level 4 victory requirements can get very anal, nothing compares to the rising lava pit obstacle that you needed to go through in order to access the machine to slow down the lava flow.
This is definitely "NES Hard".
Mega Man Zero series had its own "rising lava pit" obstacle but it was only a matter of jumping up platforms quickly.
The one in ZX requires the most pinpoint precision.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
"Assassin's Creed: Origins"

Oh Ubisoft, what have you done to a once great franchise. It's now merely a shadow of its former self. :frown:

Top Bottom