• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you reading?

Meg

Finished Winter's Heart, started and finished Write More Good, started and finished Tina Fey's new book (<3!!!), and now its on to Atlas Shrugged! >:3

I read a lot. XD

OH! MV, that Write More Good book. You'd probably really like that. ^^

Lili Rochefort

we live to make impossible, possible!
talk about reading! I wish I could have read my study books atleast!
tomarrow I have a phisic exam! :(

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
When I finish reading fanfics and rereading the Cirque Du Freak books, I'll be starting Beauty and Sunshine by Robin McKinley.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Okay, I was wrong about what books I was going to start. Rereading Vampire Diaries. And reading lots of Rebellion notes...I hate reading my notes.

Mr Anderson

gun slinging sword master
Towers of Midnight By Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson of the wheel of time series. Also Reading Stephen Kings Gunslinger the Dark Tower series.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
So... I didn't finish Trudi Canavan's book.
I found it too similar to the series I'm working on and I've been over-analysing her work from page one. It started with a cliché, followed by a couple more clichés. It was so clichéd it would make Dante look unique. If you don't get what I'm saying, then that's okay. Anyway, so because the editor in me was tearing this book apart, I couldn't enjoy it and I didn't even get through the second chapter before giving up on it.

So now I'm going to start reading Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl.

It was very difficult walking past Anne McAffrey and Anthony Eaton and picking up something that I haven't read before. I love their work. I hate that my favourites of their work were all available at the library, too. Dammit. This book better be worth it.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Nearly done with Once Dead, Twice Shy by Kim Harrison and am about to move on to the next book in the series. This...doesn't read like a YA book...which may sound weird (and I mean no offense to YA books, I read them often), but...it just doesn't. All the Reapers/Angels and stuff in it might have something to do with it, though. >_>

I like Madison, she's rather refreshing, though she reads a bit like a young Rachel Morgan (from Kim Harrison's nonYA series), and...I'm not fond of Josh or Barnabas. Josh is just...I dunno, he seems too concerned over appearances and then almost...to nice (kinda like Nick, without being a theif) and Barnabas reminds me of Pierce with his...uh...it's difficult to explain. (Is it bad that I see her other characters in these characters from her other series?) Grace made me LOL and Ron's interresting, and Kairos totally hits my whole "yummy evil guy" button (that sounds perverted....) but.... *shrugs* It's a good book, though. ^^ Seeing someone refer to their death as ctrl/alt/del was just great. XD

Oh...and I'm reading the Encyclopedia Of Spirits by Judika Illes for research. It's got some good info on demons/jinn/supernatural. I do prefer my Element Encyclopedia of Magical Creatures, though. It's smaller, but it seems more detailed...hmm.... (Why yes I enjoy encyclopedias, how did you know?)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
VD: Stefan's Diaries. It's okay for a book based off the CW series. But I'm falling asleep every now and then. It lacks that "oomph". You know. The "oomph" of the original books. Plus, book Stefan is still incredibly booooring. I'd like to read Damon's Diaries....bwahaha...but i don't think they're going to do a spinoff book series for him. Anyway. Prefer the original books much more. That is all.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
^ Ah...that oomph. :/ LOL At least they kept him true to himself? XD

I'm rereading Forbidden Game...out of order. Which for some reason makes it easier to reread. I already read The Kill. Now I'm on The Chase. In a week or so I'll probably be on The Hunter. I forgot how much Tom annoys me...why am I considering giving him more face time in my fics, again? @_@ And *insert large amount of fangirling about Julian and Zach here*.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
^I bought the Forbidden Game trilogy, haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

I shall be starting my shiny new Fable novel. (Its a book that goes with the gaming series)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
^Is it weird that I'm inwardly freaking out because VB has bought TFG?
*freaks out*
I don't mind not reading The Chase again. Although I miss out on the cool parts, like where Julian had a whole display of the mini town and was being all hawt and dangerous toward Jenny, and where he was dancing with her, and when he was playing cat-and-mouse with her in the dark...*dreamyface* But the bit with Michael, when it was his turn, total overkill. I know it's aimed at young adults, but I recon if I'd read it back when I was 14, I would have still felt just as insulted that Ms. Smith would dare throw something so kiddish in there. And you have to admit, that really was kiddish. It didn't fall in line with all the other tricks and games Julian was twisting. That probably makes no sense because it's all childish games but...I dunno. Michael's bit really WAS overkill for me.

And of course the fact that Jenny managed to catch Julian off guard at the end, just before she reached the door to the image/photo/weirdplace. I mean... *rage face*... but that's just the fangirl in me scoffing at the indignity of that happening.

...is indignity a word? LOL.

Anyway. I still say Julian can come seduce me any time he wants. I'll play hard to get!!! (not...I know the runes, Julian will be minez!!!!! Muhahahahahahahahaha!!!!! >: D

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
^ XD I don't think so. *always has a spazzy moment when someone she knows has read/bought TFG*
Same...The Chase annoys me for what happens with Michael and Tom. :/ Everything else was pretty cool, though. ^^ *thinks there's some really good Julian quotes in that one**now wants to go quote them**headwalls* (Indignity is a word. :p)
Aw...if Julian will be yours...I want Zach. I like Zach. :)

This will sound odd...but aside from TFG I've been reading lots of song lyrics. VOCALOID song lyrics. @_@ Romaji hurts my head.... *learned a song by heart, though*

Meg

Reading Crossroads of Twilight. Almost done and then its onto The No Asshole Rulebook! :D

Top Bottom