• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you reading?

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank. I'm shivering, knowing the story behind this.

"The Diary of a Young Girl, also known as The Diary of Anne Frank, is a book of the writings from the Dutch language diary kept by Anne Frank while she was in hiding for two years with her family during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands. The family was apprehended in 1944, and Anne Frank died of typhus in the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp in 1945. The diary was retrieved by Miep Gies, who gave it to Anne's father, Otto Frank, the family's only known survivor, just after the war was over. The diary has since been published in more than 60 languages."

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Lied to myself. I'm reading the third one.

44090867._SX318_.jpg

Apparently this is meant to be a six-book series (and I've got four; the others aren't out yet), but I'm still hoping a specific, abusive a-hole of a character gets what he deserves by the end of this one. The suspense might kill me, otherwise. x_x

Meg

Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson. This is my first Sanderson book (I don't count the last WoT books) and I am loving it so far! Really interesting concept and the story keeps getting juicier. Also love Denth and Tonk Fuh; their banter is great! :laugh:

Went ahead and bought the first Mistborn book. I really hope I like it as I've heard so many promising things about it. Also going to start rereading the Wheel of Time soon. Lots of good fantasy! :thumbsup:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
54269887._SY475_.jpg

Sadly, I'm not enjoying it as much as I'd like. I wanted to, really, really wanted to--but I'm finding too many issues with the writing. (The formatting is weird too, but if I enjoyed the writing, I wouldn't care).

Edit: Finished it, and it got a bit better as I went. Still had a fair number of issues, but I liked the it by the end.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Daredevil (2018) written by Chip Zdarsky and art by Marco Checcetto and various other artists. I read issues 1-15 which is collected in 3 seperate volumes titled "Know Fear", "No devils, Only God" and "Through hell".

"Know Fear" focuses on Matt getting back into swing of things as he was hit by a truck recently. Things only get worse from there as we get to see what happens when Matt is on his worse day.

"No Devils, only God" focuses on Matt's new job as a parole officer while Mayor Fisk struggles to go legit as a politician.

"Through Hell" focuses on Matt getting retrained by Elektra and learns of a better way to approach crimefighting.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Dresden Files 16: Peace Talks
The Colours of Magic by Terry Pratchet (read it a long time ago, but this time I'm reading it in english)
Iron Druid Chronicles (need to recap those books before I start reading the next one, I think I stopped at hunted)
Re-Reading the DMC1 and 2 and Darksiders Novels as well as various Japanese Webnovels

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Read this:
39792040._SY475_.jpg

And this:
52758052._SY475_.jpg

Now I'm on:

1473780.jpg

All my reads have been so satisfying lately. It's nice when that happens, especially considering the number of books that were kind of "meh" for me this year.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
"Hellblazer: Rise and Fall" is written by Tom Taylor and the art is Darick Robertson. John Constantine assists Detective Aisha Badhuri in investigating a case of murdered bussinessman with angel wings sewn into their backs. It also has a link to a childhood tragedy both characters were present for. It's a decent romp for ol' Johnny Conjob and perfect for people looking to get into John's illustrious comic book career. It's not set in the DCU but he tends to jump in and out of it anyway so just go with it.

"The Dreaming: Waking hours" is written by G.Willow Wilson and the art is by Nick Robles. It centers on two differents characters, Lindy whose a single mom working on her grad studies as a Shakespeare scholar and Ruin the newest nightmare who doesn't want to be a nightmare anymore. Their lives intersect when Ruin tries to escape to the real world via one of Lindy's dreams. She accidentally gets trapped in a dream house where Shakespeare, Kit Marlowe, Sheik Zubhayr and Anne Hathaway (not who you're thinking of ) all live and debate who actually wrote shakespeare's famous plays. Meanwhile the lord of dreams learns of what Ruin did and has to sort it all out.... Despite sounding complex, its pretty easy to follow and very welcoming to new readers looking to join the Sandman universe.

"Pulp" is a graphic novel written by Ed Brubaker and the art is by Sean Phillips. It centers on Max Winters a former gunslinger who escaped the West and ekes out a living as pulp comic writer for a magazine. It's a hybrid of the film noir genre and the western, succesfully using one set of tropes to inform the other set.

I read the first half of K.M. Weiland's "Creating Character arcs". That portion covered the 4 act structure of a positive change arc- the most common storytelling setup. She also has questions and excersizes at the end of each chapter which is helpful.

I read the first twenty chapters of "Fight Club" by Chuck Palahniuk.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I got this for free off of Google Play Books, and I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I already like it (quarter of the way in).

43236967.jpg

I can see me reading the sequels in the very near future.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I've missed a couple of books since this and the last post (that book kind of wound up disappointing me after that first quarter) but oh well!

Currently reading Nights of Silk and Sapphire by Amber Jacobs.

It's been years since I've read anything remotely close to this genre, so... -hides-

Edit: It was an okay read, but I had a lot of problems with certain things that occurred and were romanticized. >.>

Last edited:
Top Bottom