• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I like the way you think!
Now why isn't Clark Kent doing that? I mean he's a reporter, but come on.

I've already seen the video, but thank you. I do disagree with them on the first Dead Space. The brown I didn't mind there as much, cuz there was a lot of environmental detail. Plus, it's a derelict, near out of commission, old ass spaceship, I'm not exactly expecting it to be colorful. I know the sequels fix this issue and I'm more than happy they did decide to address it. More so the second game. We all ignore Dead Space 3.

Goldsickle

I like the way you think!
Now why isn't Clark Kent doing that? I mean he's a reporter, but come on.
I haven't read/watched all the Superman media but there should be at least one or two chapters where he whistleblows?
But seriously, this is what he should do all the damn time.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Yesterday was horrible (chills, severe joint and muscle pain, nausea, etc.) but I think the worst is over. Now I just have my allergies to contend with.

+At this point, I might as well wait until kiddo's back to school before picking up one of my writing projects... :unsure:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Why does the milk bottle taste weird? I know it's not the done thing to drink straight from the bottle, but I paid for it, so whatevs.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
If someone has superpowers, they shouldn't just restrict themselves to fighting supervillains or saving earth against alien monsters or killer robots.

If superheroes are invincible, they should become super-whistleblowers.

What is the government gonna do about that?
Plant a bomb in the superhuman dude's car or house?
All they're gonna do is make the him angrier.

Try to silence him by killing him in prison and make it look like an "accident"?
You can't even drag him to prison.
I think this was covered in Young Justice. Too much illegitimate business is run through legitimate business on both a private and political front. So, say you do "blow the whistle" on Lexcorp or Stagg industries or whichever business is known to be doing something bad. Then you drag the "good" businesses like Wayne Ent and Kord Tech down with them. As well as key political factions on both the democratic and republican sides respectively. And that's not even taking into account the domino effect this would have on an international level. You'd essentially have to strip the world of it's infrastructure, and build a new one. And the best way to accomplish that is to become a dictator.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Go, go, Power Rangers!
You Mighty *static* Power Rangers!

(That's how watching Mighty Morphine Morphin' Power Rangers in Malaysia felt like back in the 90's)

To be fair I'm a huge PR (franchice) fan and you need morphine or some drug to pull off the stuff they do. They cause explosions by posing for God's sake! :D

Seriously Hasbro release PR Beast Morphers (haha) on DVD already. My collection is incomplete and that is ****ing me off!

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Once again I had a literary vision, aka a short, vivid dream that I want to adapt into words.

Last time I had something this lively and brain-teasing, it placed third in a contest and was published, so I guess it's time to write! Hmm, I wonder if I can still make it for a big event this year... the last day for submission is within 30 days though :unsure:

Not even dreaming about getting into the finals in that one – it's a significantly bigger one, prizes are worth thousands, and there are real authors submitting their works, so... But that would be an experience anyway.

Goldsickle

I think this was covered in Young Justice. Too much illegitimate business is run through legitimate business on both a private and political front. So, say you do "blow the whistle" on Lexcorp or Stagg industries or whichever business is known to be doing something bad. Then you drag the "good" businesses like Wayne Ent and Kord Tech down with them. As well as key political factions on both the democratic and republican sides respectively. And that's not even taking into account the domino effect this would have on an international level. You'd essentially have to strip the world of it's infrastructure, and build a new one. And the best way to accomplish that is to become a dictator.
That's one thing to consider but I was thinking more along the lines of whistleblowing on what the government does, such as military atrocity.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Shower thoughts:

If you think your apartment's water smells somewhat funny after a brief water shortage, stepping under the shower and sniffing it really deep through your nose is not a very smart way to investigate it.

*still coughing*

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Shower thoughts:

If you think your apartment's water smells somewhat funny after a brief water shortage, stepping under the shower and sniffing it really deep through your nose is not a very smart way to investigate it.

*still coughing*
Yeah I'm pretty sure about 320K people die each year from trying to inhale water.

You have to bring a cup with you to the shower and gather the water first, then sniff it.

:ROFL:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Yeah I'm pretty sure about 320K people die each year from trying to inhale water.

You have to bring a cup with you to the shower and gather the water first, then sniff it.

:ROFL:
Just to be clear: sniff it with your nose above the surface, right? :unsure:

I'll try to get this right next time...

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
That's one thing to consider but I was thinking more along the lines of whistleblowing on what the government does, such as military atrocity.
That's something that's been covered in comics before. Two that really stand out and come to mind are Spider-Man: Life Story, and Superman: For Tomorrow. The former takes places in a universe where everybody ages in real time, so in 1966 Spider-Man is questioning whether or not he should enlist for Vietnam. Captain America tells him to hang back, and that he'll see what's up himself. And after a year, Cap defects from the US military, joins the Vietcong, and takes insights a superhero civil war that lasts about 50 years. In the latter, the whole story is about how Superman is withdrawing from humanity after a fluke he's indirectly responsible for causes half of Earth's population to disappear, including his wife, Lois. And there's a scene where Superman intervenes in a military coup, but he doesn't want to take sides, so he just takes everybody's guns away, and hovers over them. But there's this one little kid who resents him, and he throws a rock at his chest. But because Superman's just changed the power dynamic, everybody in the battlefield kill the kid in Superman's name. Thus, why Superman doesn't get involved in war conflicts.

Goldsickle

To be fair I'm a huge PR (franchice) fan and you need morphine or some drug to pull off the stuff they do. They cause explosions by posing for God's sake!
While I'm fluent in English, there was a time when I still don't 100% "get" the English language and don't fully understand Western/American culture.

Like how I watch some shows and they have that thing about girl scouts selling cookies, people wearing costumes for Halloween and so on.

I was kinda young when I first came across Power Rangers media (coloring books, comics and toys) and for a short time, I seriously thought that these are heroes that take morphine... like this is another "American culture" thing I don't know about...
It was a little while later when I realized that "Morphin'" was just a cool way of saying "morphing", as in "metamorphosis".

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Well, girlfriends back surgery is finally done and over with and now she's in recovery, it's been a long time coming. Hopefully now we can start going on long nature walks again.

While I'm fluent in English, there was a time when I still don't 100% "get" the English language and don't fully understand Western/American culture.

Like how I watch some shows and they have that thing about girl scouts selling cookies, people wearing costumes for Halloween and so on.

I was kinda young when I first came across Power Rangers media (coloring books, comics and toys) and for a short time, I seriously thought that these are heroes that take morphine... like this is another "American culture" thing I don't know about...
It was a little while later when I realized that "Morphin'" was just a cool way of saying "morphing", as in "metamorphosis".
Girl Scouts sell cookies to pay for all their club activities and expenses, and they are highy addictive. You buy a box and it'll be gone in a few hours. I'm also curious, how prevalent is western media in Malaysia compared to local media?

Top Bottom