• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Taramafor

What is your opinion about I, Robot film?
Has some good moments. It's a decent film that touches on how robots behave on their own. WHAT one is is not the point. The point is what one desires and chooses. The film manages to display that somewhat. Due to screen time the film had to rush the evil robots taking over. So it does lose something near the end. Perhaps it could have expanded on things somewhat if it had been a show.

The whole film is a metaphor for discrimination and how fear of that leads to destruction. Fear can have its uses but not without incentive. The AI couldn't provide that. It's why they lost. But then... who did they learn that from when it was the humans hearding robots like cattle? If that's the example that was taught then little wonder the AI followed it.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Has some good moments. It's a decent film that touches on how robots behave on their own. WHAT one is is not the point. The point is what one desires and chooses. The film manages to display that somewhat. Due to screen time the film had to rush the evil robots taking over. So it does lose something near the end. Perhaps it could have expanded on things somewhat if it had been a show.

The whole film is a metaphor for discrimination and how fear of that leads to destruction. Fear can have its uses but not without incentive. The AI couldn't provide that. It's why they lost. But then... who did they learn that from when it was the humans hearding robots like cattle? If that's the example that was taught then little wonder the AI followed it.
Interesting viewpoint! For me it looks like it begins as a study on the conflict between logic and emotion. But then they had to make it say ka-ching and added (besides Will Smith) a vague veil of "what makes us humans" trope, and it fell apart to the cliché ideas of "Robots should not be able to make art because that's a people thing" and "Guns say bang-bang at the evil robot mistress".

And the artsy part is later proven false. IRL.

Anyway, I still like the movie.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
@therogis if u want a great movie about ai and the divides and so many other elements in between

Watch bicentennial man with Robin williams, it is an absolutely fantastic movie

As for what i am thinking, i am thinking omg would this heat please go away as we simply are not able to cope lol

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I will hear no slander against I-Robot, that was *the* film for me as a child. I watched it over and again so many times that I wore the VSH tape out. o_O

and it fell apart to the cliché ideas of "Robots should not be able to make art because that's a people thing"
I dunno man, have you seen the AI-generates a story app? That is some of the most "so bad it swings back to being hilarious" stuff I've ever seen. :ROFL:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Bro. Lemme be frank. The Boys is absolutely taking a giant crap all over both Marvel and DC right now. Like Marvel is the toilet Eric Kripke's sitting on and DC is the turds that come out of his butt.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Bro. Lemme be frank. The Boys is absoluting taking a giant crap all over both Marvel and DC right now. Like Marvel is the toilet Eric Kripke's sitting on and DC is the turds that come out of his butt.

It also makes fun of both political extremes, yet people always manage to miss that; they always assume it's making fun of one or the other, never both.

And it's absolutely both. And I am so, so here for it. :p

CT: For the love of the gods, rain already. I'm begging.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
I miss the old 80's scifi aesthetic, cool pre-internet CRT computer jumbo with people punching away on white keyboards with giant keys with a orange 18-poly count dude doing T-pose spins on screen with flashing lights and crazy beeps, people flashing around fancy looking floppy disks and answering big red corded phones. I know we're never really going back to that naturally, but we need more of that around in general.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I miss the old 80's scifi aesthetic, cool pre-internet CRT computer jumbo with people punching away on white keyboards with giant keys with a orange 18-poly count dude doing T-pose spins on screen with flashing lights and crazy beeps, people flashing around fancy looking floppy disks and answering big red corded phones. I know we're never really going back to that naturally, but we need more of that around in general.
The sound a telephone makes (... made) when you connect to the internet! ♥

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Did an escape room last weekend and it was full of "old tech"...having to explain floppy disks to my adult child was surreal. I was relieved she at least recognised a telephone, even though she kept referring to it as a landline. She scares me sometimes...

Taramafor

I have to wonder if Nero's mother got slaughtered which lead to Virgil's desire for power. It would explain his quote in 3 about strength protecting. Only a great sense of loss gets someone that motivated about it.

Like Dante said. "As much as I'd love to hear that story." there's no way that whoever Virgil was with was just a hooker. He tests you too much for that. It's most definitely someone he truely cared about. Perhaps they even had an argument and Virgil couldn't face her anymore because he hurt her that much. Orrrr.... Out of control stuation where he killed her himself leading to being as good at being in control as he is now. Basically what Anaken did with Padme in star wars.

There's a number of ways it can play out. All we know for sure is Virgil met the woman in DMC4SE. "Some decades ago". One of the women glances at him and Virgil glances back. annnnnnnd that's all we know for sure.

So if they make a DMC6, and going by what Dante says about it at the end of 5, A Virgil backstory about what happened with her might be touched on. A flashback event with Virgil or something. Where we see whoever he was with in a dead or otherwise traumatized state. With enemies mocking him before wiping them out.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I just hope they find anemia in my blood samples because that's easy to fix, just take some iron. I'm too tired to have any extra appointments for this.

I feel dizzy and am stumbling face first on walls here, meaning that I cannot take care of the baby alone atm. I'm scared of lifting her or carrying her anywhere, if I fell or fainted with her she'd get injured. She's at my in-laws now but boy I miss her.

Drats.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
It's nice being able to do things that recharge my neurotransmitters: gaming, reading, writing, gardening. It's just a nice break from stressing about everything else for a change.

+I only remember fragments of that dream, but holy ****, is it story fuel. I hope I can reconstruct the rest over time.

Goldsickle

I just hope they find anemia in my blood samples because that's easy to fix, just take some iron. I'm too tired to have any extra appointments for this.
Is it something you have to keep taking meds forever?

I had a hyperthyroidism problem and I had to continuously take medications for about 2+ years to stabilize it.
The doctor says that my last thyroid levels were "perfect".

Top Bottom