• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Modern day tech is pretty slick sometimes. My dad got himself a security device that recognizes if he falls. It calls me, my work number, and my brother automatically at such event and sends us GPS coordinates, so we know where he fell if he was in no condition to get up or talk when we call to check up on him. And it works anywhere: at home, outside, in a mall etc. He can activate the alert manually too but the best part is the automatic fall alert in case he gets hurt.

I'm glad he's taking care of himself. That is a sign of love, and not only for himself but for his children too.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Have you ever read a comic, manga or book and thought "I want to re-write this!" Then you proceed to do so. But you get half way in and you realize "A) This was written with a certain line of thinking in mind and changing it basically changes the story or B) this is dumb and I should write my own whatever." Because a little of both is what I'm thinking right now!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I started playing Star Wars fallen order and I'm enjoying it.

It feels like the Jak and Daxter follow up I always wanted.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I'm thinking that I'm really, really tired of over-thinking things all the time. Like for instance, I have a feeling an old friend of mine might be going through something right now, but because she hasn't said anything outright (just subtle indicators on social media) I don't know for sure, and don't know how to even start a conversation with her that won't just end up fizzling out in the form of small talk.

And I hate small talk; it's like my panic-button response, or something. >.>

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Turns out I was right about the previous, and by some craziness, she came out and told me what the issue was without me really having to prompt her. Not only that, but it led to us making plans to meet up when I'm in town over Labour Day long weekend, so definitely a bonus.

CT: Geez, nearly done these edits already. I wonder if I can wrap them up in the next two weeks?

++I can only conclude that I'm allergic to ragweed, as this is the time of year when it starts (and it's only been the past week or so that I've been miserable from it). Also the fact that this is when Kaz's allergies peak (as they have), because ragweed is one of his level 4 allergies. >.<

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
All has been pretty good lately. Our little family has been blessed in so many ways. ❤

+ My "suspected ADD" is starting to make sense through psychotherapy. Mindblown!

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I am currently citing a guy called Lord Cockfield, titled as the architect of the White Paper, and I feel like it drops me down to pre-school level instead of a Master student.

Gasoline Tank

Feels like forever since there was a great horror game to play. :)

But I do own tons of retro games. And as funny as it may seem, I never got into Dead Space at all. I just found it to be pretty boring.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
It's noon here, 26th August. Precisely ten years since we met first time face-to-face with the man who is now my husband and father to my daughter.

Any suggestions for a surprise gift?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I was watching this video about an Opera singer breaking down the opera house scenario from "Final Fantasy VI" and how despite the limitations of the technology, it depicts a full broad range of scenes and it got me thinking about just how talented the composer Nobuo Uematsu is - I genuinely think he might be one of the best artists of our generation and its a shame many might not know who he is because he's largely tied to making music for video games.

The other thing I was thinking was I had forgotten how crazy it was that FF6 just casually had operatic numbers written into it for a game on the SNES and how super experimental and pushing the limits of technology when all they had to use was an 8-bit sound system at the time. It kinda makes sense know when I think about Nomura claiming he tried to push for FF15 to be a musical since Final Fantasy has always pushed the boundries like that. :unsure:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The lead of my novel False Star started out as a KH1 oc for a roleplay. It's funny to reread my old pitch for him and how far he's changed.. lol.

He's also aged better than alot of my old DMC6 OC ideas.

Creating someone as cool as Trafalgar Law is harder than I thought....lol.

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Upcoming religious event. I hope it draws my thoughts away from my general fear of seasonal depression.

I don't feel depressed but I'm afraid I will be at some point. I'm trying to calm myself by listing stuff that make my life better than it has ever been. Like, I've got family, healthy friendships, a job that I love, a rewarding volunteer job, nice hobbies, and I'm just generally more healthy than ever, so even if I were depressed at least all the externalities are fine which would make it more bearable than, say, prior to 2020 when I didn't have most of those.

So... Yeah. Keep calm etc.

Top Bottom