• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Taramafor

I'm glad I have my health.

A good mindset with a can do attitude goes far. It's a pessimistic viewpoint that will do people in. It's even possible to recover from terminal cancer if someone "happies" their way out of it. Real happiness though. Not the cheap laughs and fake kind. Positive mood affects the biology of our brain/body chemicals. "Postive" thoughts keep things running smoothly. "Negative" thoughts have the reverse effect and fuel despair and depression. Which in turn affects the body which is in a state of flux "biology" wise depending on everything someone thinks says and dos on a moment to moment bases. There's no such thing as "out of balance". Only "This is affecting me in this way". If one pushes through the worst they can adapt quicker. If one dulls the pain they can take longer to recover. There's a lot of factors at play.

Imagine it. Happying your way out of terminal cancer. That's why they say laughter is the best medicine. There's also the other side of the fence. People that just are too driven to die. Too motivated to succumb to the limitations of the body. So they keep moving forward even if in pain until they do whatever they had to do. Even if they don't have meds to keep them alive.

The mind can be a powerful weapon. Combine it with a goal and look at people go.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I just hope they find anemia in my blood samples because that's easy to fix, just take some iron. I'm too tired to have any extra appointments for this.
Yup! It's anemia. I'm relieved, it will be easy to fix. Just waiting for the doctors call on the dose of the additional iron I have to take.

I'm also a bit less tired today than yesterday so I guess I'll write my thesis a bit. The hardest part is the first five minutes on every session anyway.

Taramafor

Yup! It's anemia. I'm relieved, it will be easy to fix. Just waiting for the doctors call on the dose of the additional iron I have to take.

I'm also a bit less tired today than yesterday so I guess I'll write my thesis a bit. The hardest part is the first five minutes on every session anyway.
Hmm. I remember getting sick with something a month or two ago. Acute bronchitis.

Felt like crap. Suffered through it without taking antibiotics. It could have been a weaker strain of corvid but I'm not sure. If so then yay for better corvid immunity.

I'm wondering if taking paracetamol back when I used to have headaches after teeth being pulled factors in. I hear they can affect the lungs. After having just googled that... Yea. I'm never touching paracetamol again. Yikes. Here's the first google quote. "Acute lung injury was common in patients with paracetamol-induced fulminant hepatic failure"

Moral of the story? always double check and research your meds.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Hmm. I remember getting sick with something a month or two ago. Acute bronchitis.

Felt like crap. Suffered through it without taking antibiotics. It could have been a weaker strain of corvid but I'm not sure. If so then yay for better corvid immunity.

I'm wondering if taking paracetamol back when I used to have headaches after teeth being pulled factors in. I hear they can affect the lungs. After having just googled that... Yea. I'm never touching paracetamol again. Yikes. Here's the first google quote. "Acute lung injury was common in patients with paracetamol-induced fulminant hepatic failure"

Moral of the story? always double check and research your meds.
Or perhaps you just caught a flu. ;)

Anyway, I used to have a lot of bronchitis before weight loss and regular exercise. That sucks man. I was really ill like 6 times a year. Never got antibiotics for that, it was always considered virus infection against which antibiotics are useless. But boy I was ill back then. It affected my mental health in the long run too.

Moral of this story is "oh the many things that losing weight can affect in your health".

Taramafor

Or perhaps you just caught a flu. ;)

Anyway, I used to have a lot of bronchitis before weight loss and regular exercise. That sucks man. I was really ill like 6 times a year. Never got antibiotics for that, it was always considered virus infection against which antibiotics are useless. But boy I was ill back then. It affected my mental health in the long run too.

Moral of this story is "oh the many things that losing weight can affect in your health".
Did PE in school. There was a few times my body wanted to give in. Then I did a beep test and pushed through it. I think getting my blood flowing like that helped to overcome whatever health issues I had when I was younger. I actually felt like my body couldn't take it at first. But I decided to keep pushing myself and then suddenly I felt a lot better. Second wind.

Theory: Blood flowing helped to clear up whatever was blocking the bodies veins/arteries/organs. Leading to better oxygen flow. That's all I can think of. For context I would have been nearly blacking out just going down some stairs beforehand. I might just make it a point to run in the park nearby.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I just read that a recurring joke in Love and Thunder is Thor wanting to bang Mjolnir and Stormbreaker getting jealous.

This can't actually be in the movie. Right? Tell me it's bullshit.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I just read that a recurring joke in Love and Thunder is Thor wanting to bang Mjolnir and Stormbreaker getting jealous.

This can't actually be in the movie. Right? Tell me it's bullshit.
I mean, he doesn't *literally* want to have sex with Mjolnir, but yes there is a reoccurring joke of Thor trying to reconnect with Mjolnir (in a hamfisted metaphor of Thor's past) which causes Stormbreaker to be disobedient out of implied jealousy because for some reason the weapons have full sentience now.

Taramafor

Got into a online roleplay with a sub. They ended up getting pretty firm and direct with me. the right plot with the right hooks gets people to take charge.

King and queen dragons with lewds going on. Pretty fun. Thing is I been getting this to happen with multiple people in just the privious days. I feel spoiled from the attention. It's only because I give the attention first though. I'm feeling pretty good about this.

If you're not sure what online roleplay is like then think of it like a good game with choices and consequences. What can X person do in Y situation. Always something new.

There's only so many times I can read Harry Potter. Love the books. Hate knowing everything.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
There's only so many times I can read Harry Potter. Love the books. Hate knowing everything.
Man, I've been thinking of buying some kind of a special edition of these to my bookshelf just as collectibles. I still regret selling my HP series something like 12 years ago. OK, I was in trouble back then, just moved on my own from the childrenhome etc so I had a fair reason to sell stuff, but still.

But also, I've been thinking that I should actually read them again. Rare good memories from my childhood include HP new book release days, rushing back home from school, and finding that my father had once again got it for me and left it for me to find on my bed. And reading aaaallll day. Most likely long after bedtime.

Good moments.

What this leads me to think that I'm so proud of my daughter. She already loves books, nothing soothes her like reading aloud. When she turns the pages on her own, she even babbles her nonsense like she was reading them out loud like mommy and daddy do every day. :D

I want to give her precious book memories too. <3

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
LOL. The new Cap America flick with Anthony Mackie as the new Cap gets announced yet all I see is jokes about how A-Train is getting a new movie.

The internet is a wonderful place sometimes.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Internet: "Hey have you ever played Lollipop Chainsaw?"

Me: "I sort of remember it-"

Internet: "Shut up and play it!

Me: (Plays it) "And I regret nothing!!!!!!!!!!" (Googles cosplay of Juliet) "Giggie! Alllllright!" :love:

Taramafor

I had a good response when I was called needy when I wanted someone to be around more. I simply said it's the only way I can show them what I'm capable of.

They said I had a good point and we enjoyed some things. I'm also thinking people that fail to make good points can be seen the worst of. Sure, people can be needy. But does it have to be a bad thing? Sometimes they are thinking more of themselves. But what if they're thinking more of you? Book. Cover.

Do yourselves a favor. Communicate your ass off sooner instead of later. If it works in a relationship it also works out of it. That's why I talk about the big stuff ASAP.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I did enjoy last night sleeping in a tent. 9 degrees celsius (48 fahrenheit). Had wool socks, two blankets and a weighted blanket, slept like a baby.

Buuuuut I've got hay fever and sleeping outside didn't help at all. So right now I wonder if I should succumb to the sweet help of antihistamine and fall into a three day standing coma or if I'll just sneeze 'til its over.

AH-CHOO

Also, my stomach doesn't cope very well with the additional iron. Crap... literally.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
(Incoming Japanese wrestling nerd talk)

I'm really excited about this year's G1 Climax tournament in NJPW, the last few years had really suffered from the pandemic protocols and spurious injuries, particularly in last years finals which ended the match early. People still aren't allowed to fully cheer with pandemic protocols in place, but they've done new and interesting things this year. 28 competitors separated into 4 round-robin blocks means more matches overall, but less matches for the individual, so wrestlers can go all out without needing to conserve energy or worsen pre-existing injuries. They've already had 2 nights and both were awesome. I'm very curious who's gonna end up in the finals.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Final day of the heatwave...c'mon, you can do this...
I sure hope so, I have a job interview in two days time and I really don't want to be wearing a suit for 3 hours - especially since part of the interview is having to give a power point presentation. o_O

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I should dress up smart casual style more often than just for religious service or work. Makes me feel good every time and boosts my self-esteem, which helps me keep my back straight, which deters back pain.

Except that I don't like high-heels, but I've already ordered a pair of casual office-style flat shoes.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I sure hope so, I have a job interview in two days time and I really don't want to be wearing a suit for 3 hours - especially since part of the interview is having to give a power point presentation. o_O
Really needs to break - popped outside work for a moment and it was like someone was blasting an air dryer in my face.

In other news, good luck for the interview!

berto

I Saw the Devil
Internet: "Hey have you ever played Lollipop Chainsaw?"

Me: "I sort of remember it-"

Internet: "Shut up and play it!

Me: (Plays it) "And I regret nothing!!!!!!!!!!" (Googles cosplay of Juliet) "Giggie! Alllllright!" :love:
FXeFfBFUEAIYrob

Top Bottom