• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Taramafor

Obi made Vader.
Obi turned his back on Anakin and Vader both. A coward. A back turner.
Obi lets Vader kill him.

Luke never fled. Vader saves Luke.

I'm just going to let that speak for itself.

Taramafor

Step 1: Someone said they'll follow every order. They said yes. I double checked on this. Asked twice. Time for a lesson then.
Step 2: Put them in a difficulty situation. Blam. They get cold feet. Exactly what I intended.
Step 3: A stern reminder about if it had been someone less understanding. I also reminded them. "You said every order. Either you spoke true or you contradict yourself."

I expected the above. I didn't expect what comes next.

They offered the hard nos right on the spot. I didn't even ask. They wanted to continue and enjoyed themselves. Made it really clear I'm strict and harsh. Asked again. "Do you want to follow every order knowing that?" They said yes. Whelp, this time they know the drill. Huh. The lesson turned into the real thing.

Reminders of ones own choices do that apparently.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Just got home with the little one, we were playing outside, and it seems I must be allergic to something that either grows, crawls, or is spread on our backyard grass.

I've managed to almost completely stop swearing (my virtual swear jar gains no combos anymore! The combo calculator resets only once a week) but let me tell you, this itch is almost breaking me into an F word....

The little one's got zero symptoms,. She was on a blanket and did not touch the grass directly, which is good if the source of my itching is a chemical or something like that.

Taramafor

Do you know the story of lamb and wolf?

I'm wolf. I just met lamb. Just told her I love her. That vid explain why.

One thing Devil May Cry hasn't shown properly yet. The gentle lamb with the savage wolf. Maybe if Virgil meets that woman from the past perhaps? If she's even alive.

Taramafor

Huh. I know of someone that's had hiccups too.

Hm. Heat causing the body to struggle for air a bit more? All I can think of. Personally I'm fine there.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Speaking of hiccups. The Little One had those a lot when I was pregnant. I can tell you it feels weird when someone's hiccuping inside you lmao. And it was always on my right side ribcage, never on the left or on the center.

I had a haircut today and I guess I found my trusted hairdresser.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
"The Woman King".

You know, there is a specific word to describe that concept.

I usually think this too, but then I wonder if the character in question is pretending to be a man, and hence the title.

CT: So glad it's finally cooled down. That heat wave was getting to be a bit much.

+I probably should have left those first two zucchini a bit longer (though one was the length of my hand, from the tip of the middle-finger to wrist). Love that there are more coming in, and the pollinators are at work. Pretty sure I've got a spaghetti squash growing, too! (It's definitely a squash; I don't remember whether I planted more than one kind, or which one I did plant). The pea plants (especially the biggest one) have been good to me so far, too. Getting into the tomatoes, however... With that jungle? It's gonna be a struggle. o_O So many, though!

(Sorry, I'm just really happy with gardening right now).

++I could really go for pizza right about now.

Taramafor

People that avoid talking make themselves more tired when they complain about how tired they are.

At some point people do things I want them too. Because it's easier to make an effort with each other. Otherwise it's just about oneself isn't it?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I usually think this too, but then I wonder if the character in question is pretending to be a man, and hence the title.
If we're assuming that Fox is referring to the upcoming Hollywood film "The Woman King" then it is quite the mystery indeed as seemingly once again an American film is taking a very loose interpretation of historical events. The fact that John Boyega has been announced to play King Ghezo seems to indicate they are at least portraying him as male, but the presence of Nawi as one of the main characters means that the plot is likely to be about the Second Franco-Dahomean War which took place about a half century after Ghezo's death. Thus it is unlikely the film is about the only female ruler of Dahomey - Hangbe since she lived way earlier. However, there is an apocryphal legend that Hangbe created the Dahomey Amazons which Nawi was a part of so I could see the theme of the story being about carrying on her legacy (assuming none of the characters are direct descendants of hers).

The real question I have personally will be to what extent will Hollywood sanitise the beautiful brutality of history. The trailer for the film has the line "The Europeans wish to conquer us. They will not stop until the whole of Africa is theirs. We must fight back. For our people." And yet the Kingdom of Dahomey had slavery as the backbone of its economy - long before the Atlantic Slave Trade began, its military would raid the surrounding African nations and capture men, women and children for forced labour in the local Dahomean plantations that made the aristocracy rich. Any excess slaves were then sold to the Europeans for profit and it took decades of military pressure from Britain to get Dahomey to abolish the slave trade. Thus the idea that the characters from the film care about the plight of their fellow Africans is somewhat laughable, especially when you compare it to this historical quote from King Ghezo himself about enslaving the neighbouring Africans: "The slave trade has been the ruling principle of my people. It is the source of their glory and wealth. Their songs celebrate their victories and the mother lulls the child to sleep with notes of triumph over an enemy reduced to slavery."

Taramafor

I'm 33 and I got sent to bed by that person I said I love earlier.

Never too old for that either apparently. Funny thing is it made me happy.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
In Legion of X, one character jokes about conducting an experiment where humanity forgets about Norse Myths. They are curious if Thor would still exist. I'm hoping it happens as a crossover. I feel like Loki would handle it better than Thor.

Top Bottom