• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I saw the latest news about the new "Robyn Hood" television series that's coming out, about how its a modern "re-imagining" of the classic tale.

Yet somehow, I don't think turning Robin into a black, thieving rapper from "the Hood" is quite as progressive as the show makers have been touting...just saying. :unsure:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
All the excitement! I am so excited I can barely sit still!!

Yeah, work begins tomorrow. :geek:

Taramafor

Long day.

Ever done that thing where you have good times with someone, then they avoid straight answers and be difficult on purpose and then they tell you they hate you?

As you keep reaching out to them as they slowly start to come around. Hell yes I "harass" people. Yes I push for agreements and compromise. I will fight for that with my dying breath if I have too.

It just works. It's clear when peoples actions betray their words. I know when people lie to themselves. And when that leads to working things out, hypocrisy is suddenly a good thing. Judgement and hypocrisy aren't the problem. Hate is the problem.

All hatred of others is a reflection of self hatred.

All love of others is a reflection of self love.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
All hatred of others is a reflection of self hatred.

All love of others is a reflection of self love.
While I persinally cannot agree with everything, on this I have to say this is well said. :)

CT: My first week in the new job is almost done. I've never felt so eager for the next day and getting back to my assignments! Guess this is how it should feel when you really like your job? Funny thing, I always thought I'm just the kind of person who works only because it's a social "must" to have a job and not because of enjoying it.:D

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@Lain I had so many thoughts (agreeing with you) regarding the Woman King thing, but suffice it to say, I probably won't bother with it if all it intends to be is some b.s. virtue-signalling social commentary that ignores the part of history that doesn't fit its narrative. Now had it been something akin to Mulan or Arturia, yes please! That would have my undivided attention.

CT: Made zucchini bread for the first time yesterday; it turned out fine, though for our household, we might want it a tad sweeter than the recipe called for. I can't wait to make another batch (and shouldn't be long, with how the zucchini are growing). I'm also going to enjoy doing squash recipes when they're ready to harvest (and giving some away, because they've done so much better than I thought).

+Maybe I need to change my focus from that WIP to a different one; it's just not calling to me right now.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
So there's a meeting with some online friends today. I told people it's gonna rain at the destination city so prepare for that.

This morning I realized I, myself, don't own an umbrella.

I'm an honest clown :ROFL:

Taramafor

Theory: people love me quicker because I make it crystal clear I never give up on them (along with other factors. Like corrections/calling into quesiton. etc). Even if they push me away at first. Yesterdays argument tends to be todays fun intimate times.

Feeling really good right now.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Well, for once those test audience reactions weren't bullshit. Prey is actually good. Dan Trachtenberg gets the franchise. It's a great return to form.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I swear, the only good thing to come out of the Rings of Power trashfire has been the LOTR fandom memeing the hell out of it.

The latest promotion video with all the actors looking at the camera has been a goldmine. I love JLongbone's edit of it in particular, she roasted it so hard it became charcoal. :ROFL:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Man, I kinda miss the days when western dubs of anime threw faithfulness to the wind and just went crazy. It produced some of the most hilarious stuff I've ever seen. :ROFL:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yes I am aware of the remake. I am worried about the censorship issues. I hope they leave the game alone and not change lines or camera angles. It would ruin the charm of the game.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I was lucky with COVID. Some of my friends (with full covid vaccination sequences) have told me it's rough and absolutely the worst flu-type infection they've ever had. For me it was easier than a regular flu. I interrupted my sick leave and was already at work on Friday (remotely of course).

Apparently I cannot get the updated shot this year though. Gotta wait for 6 months after positive result.

Goldsickle

I was lucky with COVID. Some of my friends (with full covid vaccination sequences) have told me it's rough and absolutely the worst flu-type infection they've ever had. For me it was easier than a regular flu. I interrupted my sick leave and was already at work on Friday (remotely of course).

Apparently I cannot get the updated shot this year though. Gotta wait for 6 months after positive result.
I may have mentioned it earlier but it was a 2 week flu for me, which I have experienced before.
This is after two vaccines and one booster.
Those probably helped in strengthening myself against the virus's effects.

Taramafor

Those that try to save the world will only destroy it. They'll destroy it because they lose sight of individuals. Cooperations get so big you don't even know who you're working for. That's terror. Terror built into the system. You'll a tool to be used and discarded.

If you're smart, you'll play the system instead of letting it play you. Monday is the day people die of the most heart attacks. Know why? Because it's a work day. The body isn't designed to be forced to get up every 8 hours. Live your own life, on your own time. With your own ideals.

Actully finding a way to do it and not let the system use and abuse you? That's the trick to it.

Goldsickle

So, Taco Bell finally opens in my town.

I keep hearing it mentioned in American media and even some memes but never actually ate from there before.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
So, Taco Bell finally opens in my town.

I keep hearing it mentioned in American media and even some memes but never actually ate from there before.
Taco Bell is nothing special. If you got good quality or high quality Mexican restaurants, you've already tasted better. Though most sane people don't consider , actual Mexican food.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Speaking about ethnic food, I don't really know what would I respond if I was asked what is "Finnish food". Carelian pies, maybe? Rye bread? But they are more like snacks and not a meal so...

Perhaps reindeer stew, but that is really not a thing outside Lapland.

Candies are easier. People are eager to try salmiakki (salty liquorice). They rarely want to try it twice though...

(Anyone in for a candy swap?)

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
First time in forever I've taken a nap: seems the Benadryl knocked me on my ass. O_O

+C'mon, tomatoes--turn red, already. Looks like I have to make another batch of zucchini bread soon. At this rate, I'm going to start giving zucchini away to my neighbours.

++Weird to think that kiddo will be in high-school next month. I'm just glad she'll be taking a bus again.

Top Bottom